Captain fantastically flawed

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Spurs have now lost their captain one way or another in three out of the last four seasons. What does this say about us? Is there a problem at the club? And to whom does the armband belong? Spurs need to change their mentality and start appointing the right man for the job.

Read article

I hope managerial / coaching consistency will allow a captian valued by the manager as a first name on the team sheet and with the right personal attributes. I thought Dawson was a good captain who just didn't suit the playing style of AVB and was therefore moved on. If MP is allowed the time and dare I say funds to develop his squad then I can see Nabil or Harry being future capatains but fo rnow Hugo is the standout choice even if he decides his future lies elsewhere in the next season or so.

I hope managerial / coaching consistency will allow a captian valued by the manager as a first name on the team sheet and with the right personal attributes. I thought Dawson was a good captain who just didn't suit the playing style of AVB and was therefore moved on. If MP is allowed the time and dare I say funds to develop his squad then I can see Nabil or Harry being future capatains but fo rnow Hugo is the standout choice even if he decides his future lies elsewhere in the next season or so.
Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom