Capoue, Holtby and Lamela (Rant)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The quote from his old man is here:
Lamela spoke to LaLazioSiamoNoi.it about his son’s future and admitted that he would be willing to make a Serie A return.

“He would go back to Italy, but he won’t be leaving Tottenham in January,” said the father.
“When it comes to the interest from Lazio, I know nothing. Erik would go to Lazio after having already played at Roma? I don’t know about that.”

I like the player but it will take him time to develop his game for this league and if he's not prepared to work hard in the meantime, learn the language and wait for his opportunity then there's not much anyone can do?

It's made more difficult by the fact that Lamela's best position seems to be on the right, yet he doesn't have the pace, experience or effectiveness of Lennon or Townsend, who also contend for this position.

I just think because there's a world cup around the corner and the Jan transfer window has opened, it's silly season and agents, players and journo's are all agitating. Everyone needs to keep calm and let's just see what happens between now and the end of the window.

Lamela Senior said:
“He would go back to Italy, but he won’t be leaving Tottenham in January,” said the father.
“When it comes to the interest from Lazio, I know nothing. Erik would go to Lazio after having already played at Roma? I don’t know about that.”

As per @ ANTONIO MONTANA ANTONIO MONTANA - sounds like hot air for now but it's a curious situation. He arrives and is basically treated like our third choice RM. I'd like to see how he links up with Adebayor/Soldado as a front man who can drift out wide, though at this point I can understand that that may sound like I'm trying to shoehorn him in wherever I can.

I am bringing to light relevant issues, Lamela's dad has just come out saying lamela wants to leave, Holtby has told the media he could welcome a move back to the bundesliga. Yes I am an idiot for questioning whats going on with the talent and long term future of tottenham FC.

You act like they have been our most important players. And you state that both have said they want out (in as much words)......hows that Sherwoods fault?

Personally, Im far happier with the re-emergence of Ade and Eriksen, a return to flowing football, and winning games.....while slowly clawing back our GD from the 14-0 battering we took from three games.

I cant believe people are willing to abandon this season over the potential selling of any player.....let alone one who has done absolutely nothing for us.

:llorishuh:

My opinion is that Sherwood has been given a job to do and has to do it as fast as possible.

He hasn't got time to fuck around letting players ease in any more, we're half way through the season ffs! Do we really have time to nurse Lamela into the squad when he's not performing to the level our other wingers are? Every point is crucial now especially if we are going to get anywhere near top 5.

There are plenty of players we have had who were better and had to bide their time on the sidelines, play with the reserves till they were up to standard.

In the case of Holtby I think that's more injury than anything, but maybe he's not in Sherwoods system, in which case fair play, he's got a team in mind and he's playing it. I'd rather he do that then try to please spurs fans who think certain players deserve to play because they did an al-right job in AVB's system.

My opinion is that Sherwood has been given a job to do and has to do it as fast as possible.

He hasn't got time to fuck around letting players ease in any more, we're half way through the season ffs! Do we really have time to nurse Lamela into the squad when he's not performing to the level our other wingers are? Every point is crucial now especially if we are going to get anywhere near top 5.

There are plenty of players we have had who were better and had to bide their time on the sidelines, play with the reserves till they were up to standard.

In the case of Holtby I think that's more injury than anything, but maybe he's not in Sherwoods system, in which case fair play, he's got a team in mind and he's playing it. I'd rather he do that then try to please spurs fans who think certain players deserve to play because they did an al-right job in AVB's system.

What is the point in getting champions league football if we are going to blow money away like that?. Far too much short termism. We need to build the skeleton of a team that will compete on all fronts for at least the next three years or so. We had our best teams in years with Modric, VDV, Bale,Lennon and King. We need to do the same with this lot and build up the potential world class players. Eriksen is potential world class to me and Lamela too. I am sick of seeing the same dysfunctional poor decision making of Chadli,Townsend and to a lesser degree Lennon in the final 3rd.

What is the point in getting champions league football if we are going to blow money away like that?. Far too much short termism. We need to build the skeleton of a team that will compete on all fronts for at least the next three years or so. We had our best teams in years with Modric, VDV, Bale,Lennon and King. We need to do the same with this lot and build up the potential world class players. Eriksen is potential world class to me and Lamela too. I am sick of seeing the same dysfunctional poor decision making of Chadli,Townsend and to a lesser degree Lennon in the final 3rd.

Agree to a certain extent, is their any point in not developing players which could be world class in a few years if we give them time. My issue is we should have been able to do this and still finish 4th with our squad, but being out of two of the cups now limits our ability to give those players first team action. As sick as it makes me the gooners have been very successful at underachieving while developing their young players in various cups etc. However it has taken them 10 years to be in anything like title winning contention, so its not as if playing Lamela etc for the rest of the season will automatically make him an unstoppable force next year.

seeing the news and papers today a fair bit on Napoli going in for Capoue i think this would be a big loss from what i have seen he is strong young and pretty quick.So unless it is silly money for the good of the club and future please keep him all about going forward.

Avb didn't know best 11 and I don't Tim does either. Fuck sake every match thread everyone has a different line up. Anyway that's mine....

Bobby. Ade
Eriksen lamala lennon
Dembele
Sandro/capoue
Nutjob

Avb didn't know best 11 and I don't Tim does either. Fuck sake every match thread everyone has a different line up. Anyway that's mine....

Bobby. Ade
Eriksen lamala lennon
Dembele
Sandro/capoue
Nutjob
WHERE'S YOUR DEFENCE!!??

:walker::dawsonmean::kaboul::bae:

This is the problem, these are talented players being forced out the club so Sherwood can play his 'kids'.I am honestly done for the season if Lamela leaves this january.

"We know what a talented player Erik is and we also understand how players need time to settle," said Sherwood.

"He's needing that time to acclimatise to a new country. He doesn't speak English and with the tempo of the games, especially over the Christmas period when they come thick and fast, he hasn't been 100 per cent fit.

"He's still feeling fatigued in one of his thighs so we are being very cautious with him. We don't want that to turn into a real injury problem so we're going to take it nice and steady with him.

"I really want to put him on the stage when he's ready to perform rather than let people judge him when he's really half-cooked."

When asked if Lamela had a long-term future at the club, Sherwood said: "Absolutely, he won't be leaving on loan in this transfer window."

The only downside to this news is that the Lamela FC Supporters Club will still be here, disguised as Tottenham fans

Well you saw the title so expect a good old fashion moan. But why the hell do we have a near £50m worth of talent playing ******* charlton u21s. Get over it Sherwood, what did Capoue do to him?, bang his daughter or something?.Capoue is a proven and tested second defensive midfielder to sandro.

Then there is Lamela,he went from playing 4-3-3 against the likes of juventus and now playing the spurs reserves ,*****.Our club record signing is not being eased into the team he is being forced out with stupid tactics.
Obviously there is the fan favourite Holtby,very tidy player and arguably a good second number 10 to Eriksen.A guy who has shown quite a lot of passion for the club, now been frozen out.

This is the problem, these are talented players being forced out the club so Sherwood can play his 'kids'.I am honestly done for the season if Lamela leaves this january.

:paulinhofacepalm:

"We know what a talented player Erik is and we also understand how players need time to settle," said Sherwood.

"He's needing that time to acclimatise to a new country. He doesn't speak English and with the tempo of the games, especially over the Christmas period when they come thick and fast, he hasn't been 100 per cent fit.

"He's still feeling fatigued in one of his thighs so we are being very cautious with him. We don't want that to turn into a real injury problem so we're going to take it nice and steady with him.

"I really want to put him on the stage when he's ready to perform rather than let people judge him when he's really half-cooked."

When asked if Lamela had a long-term future at the club, Sherwood said: "Absolutely, he won't be leaving on loan in this transfer window."

The only downside to this news is that the Lamela FC Supporters Club will still be here, disguised as Tottenham fans

We'll see what happens tomorrow against crystal palace. If he had a thigh problem then he would not have started against Charlton's U21's.These are empty words with the same narrative AVB was spouting.

Yet you accuse Sherwood of freezing him out.......?

Not sure who you think should be dropped for Lamela right now to be honest...he deserves to be on the bench at this stage and no more, imo

Back
Top Bottom