Can we still win the league?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting to see City have just mirrored our start.
We just lack consistency. Woolwich current GD is next level. Rather annoying.

Last 10 games

City. 26 + 13
Liverpool 25 +18
Woolwich 24 +26
Spurs. 20 +8

First 10 games
Spurs 26 +13
Woolwich. 24 +15
City. 24 +15
Liverpool 23 +14

Comparison chart of the final 10 games will be really interesting to see after MW38

We are the only team who have to play all the others………city and woolwich won’t be looking forward to coming to the lane.

Liverpool extremely strong at home are probably more confident of 3 points.
They only have us left to play of the big boys. (Also Villa but they play Thursdays and are fucking shite)
convincing.png

It'd obviously be a remarkable turn of events, but I don't think winning our next five is too big an ask, and if we do that we'll suddenly be in a position which doesn't look quite so far-fetched.

Again, all optimistic hypotheticals, but if we get into that tough run in April 5 points off top, with games against City, Woolwich, and Liverpool in our hands, I think most of us will be thinking why not. At the very least it looks like we'll have a part to play in the title race, whatever that is, which is more than we could have asked for at the start of the season.

If we were 5 points off top in even joint second place then you give yourselves a small chance.

Bit if you still have 3 times between you and top spot the statistics and history tells you it’s too much of a gap.

I would be interested to see what the biggest comeback to win the league is with ten games remaining.
In terms of points caught up and position.

If we were 5 points off top in even joint second place then you give yourselves a small chance.

Bit if you still have 3 times between you and top spot the statistics and history tells you it’s too much of a gap.

I would be interested to see what the biggest comeback to win the league is with ten games remaining.
In terms of points caught up and position.
History also says woolwich fall away and we finish above them.

Personally not interested in their history, or any other history, I'm interested in this team winning every game from now and seeing where it gets me.

I'm hopeful that our reduced minutes over the season starts paying dividends over the coming weeks.

Hopefully the bigger teams are flagging by April with their cup commitments (Liverpool and Woolwich in particular have depth issues). Whereas we should have a fully fit squad raring to go with plenty of rest days.

I fancy us to break the Anfield hoodoo this season. I think they are really outperforming their level when you see some of the sides Klopp puts out. We have the quality to take advantage.

I smell a draw in the Woolwich game. For me it's a must not lose rather than must win. Have to slow down these cunts title charge and a draw will do that.

City, as ever, will be a bit of a free hit and we do have a great home record against them.

Navigate the rest of March and this is shaping up to be one of the most entertaining run ins in a long time.

History also says woolwich fall away and we finish above them.

Personally not interested in their history, or any other history, I'm interested in this team winning every game from now and seeing where it gets me.
I have a strong feeling you are not a scholar young man. You may be shocked by what you find in the history books if you ever picked one up.

So I will leave you to your flights of fancy and get back to my studies on the influence of Jacobean architecture.

Very interesting. Not to you obviously!!

I'm hopeful that our reduced minutes over the season starts paying dividends over the coming weeks.

Hopefully the bigger teams are flagging by April with their cup commitments (Liverpool and Woolwich in particular have depth issues). Whereas we should have a fully fit squad raring to go with plenty of rest days.

I fancy us to break the Anfield hoodoo this season. I think they are really outperforming their level when you see some of the sides Klopp puts out. We have the quality to take advantage.

I smell a draw in the Woolwich game. For me it's a must not lose rather than must win. Have to slow down these cunts title charge and a draw will do that.

City, as ever, will be a bit of a free hit and we do have a great home record against them.

Navigate the rest of March and this is shaping up to be one of the most entertaining run ins in a long time.
I'm generally optimistic, but they have a secret weapon:

images

* the detail-eyed among you will deduce that this is indeed a well-dipped bin-full of dipper doping-doobies.

It's hard to compete with cheats.

I would love for you to be correct, but realistically, there is no way we will be allowed to get anything out of that game. I just hope we come out the other side of it with no suspensions.

I'm generally optimistic, but they have a secret weapon:

images

* the detail-eyed among you will deduce that this is indeed a well-dipped bin-full of dipper doping-doobies.

It's hard to compete with cheats.

Stallone did it in Rocky 4 (with a little help from James Brown, of course). 💪

Win our next 5 and why not? With the other fixtures in that time it's likely a run of 5 wins from now would put us within 5 points of top at least. It's a tough ask, but not impossible.
“You have to dream Eddie … you’ve got to hold on to the dream”. A quote from Richard Richard Esquire……

I would love for you to be correct, but realistically, there is no way we will be allowed to get anything out of that game. I just hope we come out the other side of it with no suspensions.
If, by that point, we can't win the league (yeah yeah) but are looking good for CL places and Arse are still sniffing at it, then I'll accept the loss with good grace.

We'll probably have the Chav game between the last couple of weeks. There is, frankly, no good time to have it from now on, but after our home game against Burnley, perhaps.

I'd go:

Liverpool: draw (don't think we will win it)
Arse: us
City: draw

I’ve always said if we’re within 6 points of top when we play those 3 big games in a row, we have a chance

The City game will probably move due to the FA Cup Semi - and then magically get re-scheduled as the penultimate game

Leaving us with the prospect of deciding the title in favour of either City or those cunts

It's amazing how the 'random' fixture generator throws up these scenarios!

I’ve always said if we’re within 6 points of top when we play those 3 big games in a row, we have a chance
That’s the key thing this season. We only need to be within 2 points (or 3 points and GD ) on the last day of the season. And we play all three of the clubs we’re competing with before then. Woolwich or City or both drop points in their head to head too. So we are in the title race still. Barely, but with Ange it could just about happen still.

Back
Top Bottom