Burnley (H) - Friday 5th January 8pm - FA Cup Journey Begins...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have to say davies has been superb for us last few weeks. Really stepped up. Good bloke as well. Saw him in post match corporate interview on youtube recently. Humble guy. Think he should be skipper friday. He deserves it.

Surely Burnley won’t go strong in this. We should though and then sub people off if we are doing well. Better that way round than having to bring them on after going weak and then struggling.

We’ve seen it a hundred times what happens at the club if we go under strength.

Why wouldn't they go strong?

They haven't got a game for 10 days after this

Is it straight to penalties in this round if it's a draw?
Nightmare getting back to East Kent with these late KOs and making it worse I'm taking my three sons!
Last train back to East Kent is at a stupid early time. Anytime I go up, I tend to drive, park at The O2 (or somewhere like Sidcup) and go from there, but then you can't have a drink.

5th - Burnley FA Cup
14th - United PL
27th FAC 4th Round
31st Brentford PL

Compared to December's 7 games it's not bad, but still a fair few games there.
My hope is we beat Burnley and get an easy home tie against a league 2 team and walk it with a 2nd string.

Buuuuuut it's Spurs
We have a 2nd string left?

First things first, wish you all a happy new year. All the best to you & yours.

Actually, that'll be it for today cause I'm...hummm...under the weather. Must be the fish I had last night. Or the uncomfortable mattress I slept on.

Is it straight to penalties in this round if it's a draw?
Nightmare getting back to East Kent with these late KOs and making it worse I'm taking my three sons!
I live inside the m25 and it takes 2 hours to get to/from games. Weeknights suck as 1 missed train after 10pm usually results in 40+ minute wait for the next one.
Plus a possible Burnley replay.
How's Spursy would it be to have to play 5 games in a month when it's supposed to be a break

1st Team2ND TEAMU 21
VICARIOFORSTER
PORRO
UDOGIE
ROYALDIER
DAVIESPHILLIPSSANTIAGO
BENTACURSKIPPDONLEY
GLCHOJBJERGDORRINGTON
JOHNSON
KULUSEVSKI
GILScarlett
RICHARLISON

Main question is Bentacur to start or come on as a sub.
Slim chance Ange may start Phillips instead of Royal.

With Kulu coming back would be interesting to start with GLC and Bentancur in front of the defence.

Really hope Donley gets some minutes tho - he was all kitted up ready to get on yesterday before they changed the subs

After us Burnley have Luton at home, probably their biggest game of the season if they want to stay up. Maybe they rest players, on the other hand they have 10 days to recover.

Back
Top Bottom