Bournemouth (A) - 29 October - 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That Chav/Brighton result is a cracker..... Does us a big favour!

Man U loss/draw v WH would be mustard as well.

No he was shit. Totally failed to lead our defence, Moore gave us the runaround.

Yeah he passed the ball tidily but in that central position you have to be an organiser and he isn’t that. Thank god we got away with it.
That's not his job. He never was an organiser. It's like saying "it's a shame Skipp missed a couple of chances when he was through".

He's a ball-playing CB. The Bonucci, David Luiz etc type. When will people start to understand this?

Well who’d have thought that at half time . I was sat in the home end and the first half was fucking torture. The travelling fans , who were sat dead opposite me kept going and bloody fair play to them , brilliant !
I managed to keep pretty quiet until Bentancurs winner, then I was out of my seat ( as someone about 10 yards to my right was ,fair play yiddo ) Got a few strange looks , but fuck it , was well worth it .
Bentancur ran over to near where I was sat , but thought Id better not go overboard , for my own safety , really !
Why oh why do we play with the hand brake on ? The last 25 minutes was more like it . Great end to the day . Just got back to the car to post this and compose myself before driving back to Wonderful Wiltshire .COYS

My wife’s in charge of that. Ever since I ended up in the Gilpin an hour early for an early kick off a few years back. I wondered why it was so empty.

I think that I can better that about ten years ago taking my son to a Rugby League match in Hull arriving 24 hrs early

Had to take him to the cinema and a McDs to make him keep his mouth shut which he managed for about 30 mins after we got back

Mrs B wet herself!!

Well who’d have thought that at half time . I was sat in the home end and the first half was fucking torture. The travelling fans , who were sat dead opposite me kept going and bloody fair play to them , brilliant !
I managed to keep pretty quiet until Bentancurs winner, then I was out of my seat ( as someone about 10 yards to my right was ,fair play yiddo ) Got a few strange looks , but fuck it , was well worth it .
Bentancur ran over to near where I was sat , but thought Id better not go overboard , for my own safety , really !
Why oh why do we play with the hand brake on ? The last 25 minutes was more like it . Great end to the day . Just got back to the car to post this and compose myself before driving back to Wonderful Wiltshire .COYS

Virtually coinciding with Benta coming and later Gil

Yeah. That's exactly what I said. Only on a forum can someone interpret something as something completely different.

Huge "I like pancakes" "So you hate waffles?" vibes. Jesus.
Then I apologise if I’ve misunderstood.

I’m not in the habit of falling out with people on here, no point starting now.

Peace.

Regardless of today's result, I am Conte out.

Big reputation, absolutely atrocious football.

Bring back Poch, sell Kane and Son and just rebuild. Poch is proven at Spurs, he is loved, a legend and understands the values of Tottenham through and through.

Let him rebuild, do it his way and hopefully, Levy backs him.
I don't think Poch would want Kane and Son sold somehow...

I'm not going to slag them off, because I don't do that to any Spurs player, but I have to agree with regards to Royal and Sanchez, they are liabilities and need replacing. However, Conte doesn't exactly have a scintillating stable to go to defensively, and he can't run Romero into the ground.

What mystifies me is why Spence can't get any minutes at all. Ok, Conte might not rate him, but if that's the case, he should play him to at least demonstrate WHY he doesn't rate him. He'd have to have an absolute mare to have a worse performance than Royal has as a wingback, but at least then he could say "there, I told you."
We get told that players aren't "showing it" in training, but when you have players that are, but are poor game after game, there comes a point where you really have to give someone else a go surely?
This doesn't just apply to Royal either. Son has been a shadow of himself for better than 90% of this season to date. He's shown no sign of that changing either, whilst Gil, whos natural position is on the left, is feeding off scraps (minutes wise) despite giving a CL cameo that really should have earned him 20-30 minutes at least in this game. We had them on the back foot virtually the entire 2nd half, with Son a virtual passenger. Surely Gil would have given them more problems?

I'll back the manager, but that doesn't preclude questioning his decisions at times.

It’s funny that pundits (and some posters) talk about winning mentality over and over with us and then when we come back from 2-0 down and grab the winner in extra time it’s “we never should have been in that position to begin with”.

I saw a squad with a winning mentality today.

Beryl...... It's my Nan....

She'd have you on toast, mate!
Mmmmmm
Animation Licking GIF by Mashed

A terrible first half followed by a much better 2nd half, Bentancur coming on really made the difference his ability to drift around the midfield and pass it around and of course his cool finish for the winner hopefully Kulu will be back for the Scouser game

Back
Top Bottom