Bournemouth (A) - 29 October - 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yesterday showed we can threaten and cause teams problems when we go for it so I want to see us keep that up. There's some that need to be dropped and some that deserve a start now imo so I'd go with.

Hugo
Spence Romero Sanchez Lenglet perisic
Bentancur Hojbjerg
Lucas kane Gil

He'll probably start emerson at rwb Dier at cb and Son will probably still start but gil must definitely start in which case lucas drops to the bench for me.
If he wants to stick to the 3-4-3 then Gil should definitely start in favour of Lucas.

Sub him or Son off in the second half for Bissouma to go 5-3-2 if need be.

No solanke
Happy New Year Celebration GIF by Faith Holland

Not another one

:contefacepalm::contefacepalm::contefacepalm::contefacepalm:
I'm expecting a pathetic set up with at least 7 defensive minded players focusing on containing Bournemouth and trying to nick a goal on the break, then shutting up shop and "controlling"the remainder of the game...

Please prove me wrong Spurs, please somehow find a return to the form we saw for the most part towards the end of last season.

Take forward the attitude from the final 20 minutes last night if nothing else, and get out of the traps going for the throat, this apathetic nonsense we have been serving up all season is now actively self destructive, feels like the players have forgotten how to play actual football.

This lot have only won once in the last 6 games and have shipped the most goals in the EPL. If this doesn’t scream ATTACK, I don’t know what does. Need some of our younger and well rested players coming on ie Gil and Skip in particular. Doherty should also play. Would like to see him and Gil down the right side, I think they might play well together and Doherty is growing in confidence. Really important game tbh. Lose, and we run the risk of falling adrift of top 4.

This lot have only won once in the last 6 games and have shipped the most goals in the EPL. If this doesn’t scream ATTACK, I don’t know what does. Need some of our younger and well rested players coming on ie Gil and Skip in particular. Doherty should also play. Would like to see him and Gil down the right side, I think they might play well together and Doherty is growing in confidence. Really important game tbh. Lose, and we run the risk of falling adrift of top 4.

We played last night and gave a lot.

Had we won I think absolutely correct because Conte could have then rested players for Tuesday. A real pity and only ourselves to blame.

It's about who is fit and able and so I think we will see 3 to 5 changes of personnel.

Impossible to say with us but second half last night we played well and if we play as well against Bournemouth for the whole match we should win..

But that's easier said than done.

Last edited:
This lot have only won once in the last 6 games and have shipped the most goals in the EPL. If this doesn’t scream ATTACK, I don’t know what does.
We really should be gliding past Bournemouth I agree.
They've become a lot harder to beat since Scotty P was sacked and they changed the goalkeeper to Neto. The good news is, Mark Traver is likely back, and he seems to be a raffle winner not an actual goalkeeper.

Important game and a real must win. What has helped us up to such an elevated position in the league table, despite not playing well, is we’ve dropped very few if indeed any silly points. We’ve lost at Woolwich, Man U, home to Newcastle and drawn away at Chavs and Spammers. A pretty dismal overall return of 2 points from 15 on those 5 games, but all games viewed on a standalone basis that you’d have marked down with a probability of dropping points.

If you look at Dippers, they’ve dropped 9 points from Brighton & Palace at home and trips to Fulham and Notts Forest.

ManUre dropped 6 points, first two games of season at home to Brighton and at Brentford.

Where things start to get messy for us if we starting dropping points on the road to likes of Bournemouth, Southampton, Fulham, Brentford, Palace etc.

We need the world cup break more than anyone I think.

6 more games yet (4 EPL / 1 CL / 1 LC )

Need to keep on grinding and at least stay top 4 and keep the cups alive.

Then Conte has a fuck load of work and soul searching to do in the interim as does every single player who's not going to the tournament (that doesn't mean many though.... Even Sarr is going.)

Yesterday showed we can threaten and cause teams problems when we go for it so I want to see us keep that up. There's some that need to be dropped and some that deserve a start now imo so I'd go with.

Hugo
Bentancur Hojbjerg
Lucas kane Gil

He'll probably start emerson at rwb Dier at cb and Son will probably still start but gil must definitely start in which case lucas drops to the bench for me.
Bald fascist, the crazy legged centaur at CB, no Skipp? What

Hugo
Bentancur Hojbjerg
Lucas kane Gil

Maybe Kulusevski will be back for the this match?

wanna see bissouma and gil start. if both do start i actually think we might enjoy the game, neither will probably start and we'll watch the same old players produce the same old shit they have all year. ball not sticking up top and build up play slow and predictable.

Bald fascist, the crazy legged centaur at CB, no Skipp? What
It's what's available. I'd play lucas because I think the attacking with 3 cms is fucking atrocious and Son imo has to be dropped now. I'd play sanchez because I think dier is the worst defender we have and no skipp because it's going to be a back 5 and as stated above I don't want a 3 man mid with 3 at the back.

NO ROYAL

Back
Top Bottom