Bloody Tourists

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the frustration with tourists is actually a side affect of the frustration that the game seamed to disappear from the local youth with high ticket prices coupled with high demand for tickets. I always thought it troublesome that my kids and thier mates struggled to get in yet yanks Koreans and Aussie voices could be heard all around.

I think this was put into sharper relief when compared to my experience growing up. When it was cheap and accessible. Of course you are proper Spurs man and most tourist genuinely have affection for the club.

Hopefully the expanded capacity of the new stadium can increase accessibility of our local youth whilst satisfying the demand of tourists.

I think the frustration with tourists is actually a side affect of the frustration that the game seamed to disappear from the local youth with high ticket prices coupled with high demand for tickets. I always thought it troublesome that my kids and thier mates struggled to get in yet yanks Koreans and Aussie voices could be heard all around.

I think this was put into sharper relief when compared to my experience growing up. When it was cheap and accessible. Of course you are proper Spurs man and most tourist genuinely have affection for the club.

Hopefully the expanded capacity of the new stadium can increase accessibility of our local youth whilst satisfying the demand of tourists.
I have respect for the foreign fans who love the club and come to games, some are my close friends. But you do also get actual tourists who just want to experience the atmosphere without contributing, people who are not Spurs fans, and people who support more one player than the team (Croatians in the past, Koreans now, who will probably stop coming once Son no longer plays for the club).

It's also the fact there is too much money in our league. And a lot of that is down to people in faraway countries supporting an English side rather than their local club, most of whom don't have the dedication to travel to games. I'm not blaming the people for this, just that it is an unhealthy structural problem for football globally. The money means we can sign expensive players, but it also means we pay players too much, there is less of a link between players and fans, players, agents etc get greedy, ticket prices are out of control, the clubs don't need the match-going fans so much anymore because they're less dependent on them for money, so they raise the ticket prices, etc etc repeat ad infinitum.

Back
Top Bottom