Big Fat Nacer Chadli.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BO1RdTMCcAA-RLx.png:large

Still subject to personal terms and medical. Interesting that we've already announced it.
Great that we might already see him next week in Hong Kong.

I thought that. Makes you realise that when an ITK says a player's signed but we're just dotting the i's on personal terms etc its probably bollocks as the club will confirm when we've agreed a transfer with another club anyway. (Not that we didn't know that anyway)

BelgianSpur said this of him
------------------------------------------------
''Lots of people asked me about Nacer Chadli recently.

App we are linked very strongly. So my assesment :
Strong player physically , very very very levelheaded and modest , works his ass off every time and not once complained about his situation at Twente or at our National team.
He is a bit like Dembele in that aspect, great technique , good physique but he is faster then the Moose but doenst have the bal glewed to my feet like the moose and his tackling is less. Scores a lot more and can play on every forward position.

Is sometimes preferred to Hazard in our National team because of his efficiency, will always look for the most efficient attacking option.

Downside , not super speedy for a winger, hasnt got two equal feet (but who has) and unproven at top level.

But if the Belgian National team are anything to go by , he can hold his own between players like Witsel, Dembele, Fellaini, Mirallas, Hazard and our biggest asset De Bruyne''
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest, I quite like the sound of that, It would suggest he's got the right attriubtes to make it in this league, sounds like he's a good alternative to lennon and would be good to have in a 4-3-3 formation.

sure, he's not a striker, but I'd say when we were lacking in the later half of the season, it was because we noticed the difference to our team without sandro or lennon and thankfully, we appear to have adressed that with paulinho and chadli.​

We've needed quailty cover on the flanks for years now so I for one am very pleased with this signing. The fact he can play either side (and centrally) is crucial IMO

Back
Top Bottom