Beware the hysteria

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Champions League qualification was widely accepted as not being on the radar and it was a free whack for the new guy.

Tell Poch to stop talking about 4th then..

"He has given every member of the squad a chance and has made it clear by his team selection that there are a number of senior pros that won’t be around the club much longer"

Explain Paulinho starting at the weekend then?

As long as 4th is possible he is going to keep going for it, as he should.

Yes. He should.
So can people on here stop saying that we are asking too much of him and saying people have ridiculously high expectations then.

If the manager is happy to keep saying our target is 4th, why should the fans be happy with 7th?

Yes. He should.
So can people on here stop saying that we are asking too much of him and saying people have ridiculously high expectations then.

If the manager is happy to keep saying our target is 4th, why should the fans be happy with 7th?
Because Poch is playing the soundbite game - he can't realistically say anything else. Us fans aren't bound by those restrictions.

Because Poch is playing the soundbite game - he can't realistically say anything else. Us fans aren't bound by those restrictions.

Oh give me a fucking break....He has to say we are going for 4th, but deep down we are not.
Realistically, he could have said "we are buliding a team and this is a season of transition. Success takes time"

Yes. He should.

To be fair to Poch ( & I am not a blind faith fan, I like him but some of his performances / selections have been a tad strange) he generally gets asked about 4th rather than just blurting if out. He's got to say positive stuff otherwise he'd be slaughtered for not saying it.

Because he can't? You're hopeless at reading between the lines mate. You see everything far too literally. He's obliged to be optimistic - we (ha ha, fucking ha) aren't.
To be fair to Poch ( & I am not a blind faith fan, I like him but some of his performances / selections have been a tad strange) he generally gets asked about 4th rather than just blurting if out. He's got to say positive stuff otherwise he'd be slaughtered for not saying it.

You can be optimistic without sounding delusional and putting yourself under pressure.

People slated Harry and Tim, well I for one like to be told how it is, not how it isnt.

You can be optimistic without sounding delusional and putting yourself under pressure.

People slated Harry and Tim, well I for one like to be told how it is, not how it isnt.

Yup but remember how Harry said " as good as it gets" he was slaughtered for that... Thing is he was right

Poch is just saying what people want to hear. In the media today anything but saying " it's our aim " is scrutinized to the point of obsession. I'm sure he doesn't think it's likely at all but it's an answer to a loaded question.

So do I mate, by a doctor or a solicitor for example - but by a football manager? - that's just naive.

No, its not naive, its logic.
If the manager says we are going for top 4, I expect us to try and get top 4.
If he says "it will take me two season to shape my team", I will think, fair play.

Back
Top Bottom