Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham defender Ben Davies withdraws from Wales squad

Tottenham must sign Liverpool's £21m one-that-got-away; Exactly what Conte needs

Ahead of Saturday’s Premier League trip to Aston Villa, Antonio Conte reserved some special praise for a man more than deserving of his moment in the limelight.

“Ben is playing a fantastic season,” the Spurs boss said of Welsh international Davies.

“He’s a reliable player, he scored an important goal for us (in the 5-1 win against Newcastle) and I think he deserved to score this goal. Ben is playing in an important way with us, as a central defender and he’s showing that he’s a really good player.”

Tottenham must sign Liverpool's £21m one-that-got-away; Exactly what Conte needs

Ahead of Saturday’s Premier League trip to Aston Villa, Antonio Conte reserved some special praise for a man more than deserving of his moment in the limelight.

“Ben is playing a fantastic season,” the Spurs boss said of Welsh international Davies.

“He’s a reliable player, he scored an important goal for us (in the 5-1 win against Newcastle) and I think he deserved to score this goal. Ben is playing in an important way with us, as a central defender and he’s showing that he’s a really good player.”
Weird how Davies can look so average LB and LWB, yet excels at LCB. I’ve not seen him play as aggressively as last few months, smashing into tackles looking v decisive

Weird how Davies can look so average LB and LWB, yet excels at LCB. I’ve not seen him play as aggressively as last few months, smashing into tackles looking v decisive
I think he's better at LWB - was good in that system when we played it peeviously. Fullbacks are all about dominating their flank with athleticism.

I think our boy Ben Davies was pretty good today. Won some very strong challenges on his side and looked like a bit of a bully actually, putting a hard body on several of the Villa players. I'd still like us to strengthen LCB but credit where it is due, Davies is really stepping up and proving himself a solid player in this system.

I think our boy Ben Davies was pretty good today. Won some very strong challenges on his side and looked like a bit of a bully actually, putting a hard body on several of the Villa players. I'd still like us to strengthen LCB but credit where it is due, Davies is really stepping up and proving himself a solid player in this system.
We needed that too as Villa were dirty.

Back
Top Bottom