Beşiktaş on Thursday (1882??)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another turgid, painful to watch, sideways football performance - no different to AVB's menu. Whatever Poch is planning - we need to improve drastically and eliminate some of these fucking wasters from the first team and wage bill.

we could all see the car crash that was Chiriches coming through the match, constantly out of position, no hunger to win the ball and Ba bullied him all night, he should not be near the first team, right down there with the Kevin Scotts of centre backs to have played at WHL

I don't know why everyones freaking out, the performance wasn't that bad, nowhere near as bad as West Brom, consider Besiktas are not a bad team either. Shame we were just let down by one useless cunt.

When was the last time we didn't seem that way? I really can't remember... against QPR maybe? Concerning...
It's true. I do also wonder why we are switching our team so much for Europa matches. We haven't got a settled first team yet, and we need to get our core unit playing well together, and maybe rotate when we've got more of an established, settled side. There's no consistency to us at all. The one player we should be protecting is Hugo, although we'd have lost 3/4-1 without him tonight.

One thing I will say that's not negative is I thought Townsend had a mature performance today. He wasn't great or anything but his defensive work rate was great and he looked for a pass continuously. Unlucky not to have an assist off the through ball to Kane and from that dangerous cross.

Anyway, not a world beating performance or anything but it was a performance where a lot of his bad habits were not present. Hopefully a sign of coaching and learning.

Ade, lennon, Townsend, paulinho, chirches just to mediocre. Have to accept that a lot of our team are not up to the standard required. Need a good jan transfer window, clear out the deadwood.

Not saying he was anything other than shite today, but doesn't Vlad's stark turnaround in quality indicate a lack of confidence?

Perhaps he's missing a consistent partner in defence or something else. Might be best to drop him from any lineups in the near future - but not quite consider him a lost cause.

Back
Top Bottom