Bayen Munich ban Season Ticket Holders...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's misleading, no? They're not being banned but they won't have their season tickets renewed if they don't make it to at least 8 home games in a season.

With the best will in the world, people can't always get to games - illness, holidays, family commitments, especially when they change the day/time of games willy-nilly. What's wrong with letting a friend have your ticket on the odd occasion (as long as you don't sell it for more than face value).

With the best will in the world, people can't always get to games - illness, holidays, family commitments, especially when they change the day/time of games willy-nilly. What's wrong with letting a friend have your ticket on the odd occasion (as long as you don't sell it for more than face value).

8 games a season isn't that much of a stretch, and i am sure they would show leniency if it was due to a long term illness.

I know of people that just keep season tickets going and sell them on an ongoing basis. A particular family one of the brothers moved to australia and they just use it as a spare now and renew every year. I don't imagine thats an isolated incident either. Personally I think that ticket would be better off in the hands of a fan who wants to go regularly themselves

Because what is the point of having a season ticket if you can't even make it to just 8 games?

Because what is the point of having a season ticket if you can't even make it to just 8 games?
I was just about to say the same thing. If you can't commit to below 50% of the league home games then you may as well get a membership package instead and pick and choose when you want to go.

How do they know what games you have attended if your mate goes in your place?

Quoted from the article...

As all season tickets are strictly personalised, fans who cannot make a home game for one reason or another are not able to pass it on to family or friends on a given weekend. And the ticket itself is not the only thing on which the club places restrictions

Not sure how they know who is using the card though. My membership is 'personalised' and I could potentially give it to anyone.

Looks like Schalke had problems with ticket exchange 3rd parties as well (Viagogo in this instance) which was resolved by a mass protest in the stands. Can't ever seeing that happen wrt Stubhub though.

Quoted from the article...

Not sure how they know who is using the card though. My membership is 'personalised' and I could potentially give it to anyone.

Looks like Schalke had problems with ticket exchange 3rd parties as well (Viagogo in this instance) which was resolved by a mass protest in the stands. Can't ever seeing that happen wrt Stubhub though.
They might have CCTV at the turnstiles which actually logs and recognises your face as you scan your ticket. I know that Ajax have this, and they can track people throughout the whole course of a match.

All a bit big brother, but I'm sure Spurs will have similar technology in place when our new stadium is built in 2042

They might have CCTV at the turnstiles which actually logs and recognises your face as you scan your ticket. I know that Ajax have this, and they can track people throughout the whole course of a match.

All a bit big brother, but I'm sure Spurs will have similar technology in place when our new stadium is built in 2042

I am concerned that female employees would take CCTV evidence of me for their own personal bedroom needs.

If anything its too lenient. The point of the season ticket is its the easiest way to attend every game. If youre going to less than around 75% of weekend, home games, its not worth it. Although if you have a season ticket you're obviously not going to give it up easily. The cards have to be scanned anyway, would it be so difficult to include pictures on them?

Doubt it given our chairman actively encourages season ticket holders not to attend and instead punt tickets out for a profit...

I did say the 'odd game'..... I had to go Malta to see my mum after an operation when we had Man U at home. I love Spurs but not as much my mum!

Back
Top Bottom