Baldini Out

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would we be better off in 2013/14 with or without Baldini

• Total voters
He did a superb job this summer negotiating and sealing deals. I think that our player selection is largely done by committee so while making him the fall guy for something he is only partially to blame for is very Spursy, I don't think it's logical.

I believe going forward we need to stay committed to a DoF. The relative ease with which we accomplished seven transfers this summer underlined to me that we cannot allow Levy to negotiate alone. He's good to use in some aspects but he can be too rigid when handling all negotiations by himself.

He did a superb job this summer negotiating and sealing deals. I think that our player selection is largely done by committee so while making him the fall guy for something he is only partially to blame for is very Spursy, I don't think it's logical.

I agree, he's simply the focal point for the hate when the transfers turn into disasters....
He's the Bin Laden of Spurs' Transfer Policy if you will!!!!

I think you are asking the wrong question mate. I want to understand what he is exactly responsible for, knowing this then allows us to judge him. Does the first team coach report to him? Is he responsible for our academy? Who reports to him? Does he sell players as well as buy? Does he dictate the philosophy of Tottenham? etc. etc.etc…...

But if you are looking for an answer based soley on the buying of new players, then he has been very good. I am happy with every player we have brought in, I think we have the 3rd best squad in the league and having a settled squad and managed well our league position next year should reflect this. He did this and made a profit too don't forget! If he is responsible for sales also then anything more than £5m for Defoe and Dempsey was truly brilliant.

Seems short sighted to judge the guy after what 9 months? Plus we have no idea what he does, what he's responsible for, etc...

I'd imagine his number one responsibility is to not spend any money every transfer window. So far he's two for two

This is someone who wasted millions for the club, on his old Roma favourite Lamela, and other misguided signings that had no experience in the PL.

If we didn't sign players who had no experience in the PL we'd be without; Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Dawson, Vertonghen, Chiriches, BAE, Sandro, Paulinho, Capoue, Chadli...and for posterity, you can add the likes of Berbatov and Modric too.

Can he swap idk lets say siggy for alex teixiera.
If yes, make him ceo.

i just want teixiera. :dawsonmean:

Not many people speaking about him in general, This is how I feel.

I might be wrong - as supporters we dont know everything that goes on behind closed doors, but from what I can see he has done nothing since his arrival but cause problems for the squad & the management.

This is someone who wasted millions for the club, on his old Roma favourite Lamela, and other misguided signings that had no experience in the PL.

And his disruptive influence is now threatening to get in the way of Sherwood's end to the season. I know it is press talk, but has supposedly been in contact with Cesare Prandelli about becoming manager.

I want his smug face and shit haircut out of the club, as he was brought in to supplement AVB's structural wish, and now it appears there is no use for him but to rock the boat.

Chuck him out

Alright Tim!

Decent WiFi reception in Dnipropetrovsk then? How's JJ?

OP we have a quality squad sitting 3 points off fourth place at the moment, what exactly would sacking Baldini do right now that would make you happy?

With a DoF, we sign more quality players than we do without one, as far as I can see

If we didn't sign players who had no experience in the PL we'd be without; Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Dawson, Vertonghen, Chiriches, BAE, Sandro, Paulinho, Capoue, Chadli...and for posterity, you can add the likes of Berbatov and Modric too.

Not to mention a young Welsh left back that had no top flight experience. Whatever became of him?

as long as we still get pink wafers im easy.

Of course! They're the backbone of our philosophy! Tim has been doing work in the biscuit academy to make sure we have a steady supply. I do feel that unless Levy gets the chequebook out for Chocolate HobNobs we'll never be taken seriously as a top 4 contender. I feel we're a Viscount away from a PL challenge.

May as well continue a daft thread with daft conversations

Taking away footballing reasons as to why I'd want to keep them and thus Baldini having done a good job.

Financially the signings are pretty astute (Bar Soldado). I think we could expect, if we were to sell, a profit on most of these players. Won't include Lamela as his injuries have done him in, whereas, say, a Soldado has had plenty of opportunities.

Paulinho - £17mil - price risen - My price to sell would be, taking my Spurs glasses off, around 20mil maybe more with WC exposure.
Nacer Chadli - £7mil - Again, price holding steady - Could get 10mil for him
Roberto Soldado - £26mil - Price decreased - Could maybe get 15-18mil for him.
Etienne Capoue - £9mil - Price risen - 12mil could be gotten.
Vlad Chiriches - £8mil - Price risen - Around 15mil to be able to take him off us.
Christian Eriksen - £12 - Price risen - Between 20-30mil. We've pretty much pulled Ajax's pants down on this deal.

All in all, with the age of the players we've bought and the fact that all, bar Soldado, are starting to show form we're in a pretty strong position if we wanted to sell any. I wouldn't sell to be honest, I think they all have shown individual glimpses of what they can do.

Despite what the media think, Baldini has done fine and a 3 have become first team regulars (Pauli, Eriksen and Vlad) and great bench/rotation options (Chadli, Soldado, Capoue).

Baldini has given us a strong squad, once they've gelled fully and got into full flight, which we're only just starting to see recently.

Writing off Lamela is complete tosh too.

D- for this thread. See me after class.
#FrancoIn

Back
Top Bottom