Back to basics Match Thread:. LIVERPOOL FC v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC: Sunday, 4.30pm (aka: Tea-time) Deal with it!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As I haven't got the time or heart to watch even the highlights of this game or even read through the match thread, all I have to say is that our support at this game was phenomenal, so kudos to deadleyledley , Spurshaker Spurshaker and anyone else who made the journey.
Kamala Harris Applause GIF by The Democrats

Take A Bow Thank You GIF by WWE

Even 2-3 goals down, this team still has a pass laterally or backwards mentality, ignoring what I consider to be good through and wing runs. Very frustrating to watch. Is it Mourinho PTSD?

Why has Klopp not been charged yet? The ref gave him everything and basically cheated Tottenham yet he still went mad?!? Then after the match, not in the heat of battle so no excuses there, he accused Teirney of lying and being anti-Liverpool.

Even the corrupt and spineless FA have to do something. Look how they clamped down on other clubs' manager of "lesser" teams?!

We sang some great songs today.

I've not seen the post match interviews but one of the best songs we sang today about pool was

It's never your fault
It's never your fault
Always the victim
It's never your fault.

I think that shut them up for a while before they went back to whining at the ref again.

Klopp displays all the signs of a psychopath. Total playground bully, acts tough against people who won't fight back, but when things don't go his way he throws his toys out the pram. Been saying it for years, his behaviour on the sideline towards the officials is nothing short of appalling.

What kind of example is he setting for kids watching a grown adult act like that in an influential role as a football manager shown all over the world? If Liverpool as a club had any class they'd tell him to stop acting like a neanderthal. But they don't. The PL and FA should have stepped in years ago.
I had a 6 year old kid sit in front on me and a 5 year old to the right, what are they thinking watch his antics on the sideline? I remember going to games when I was that age, I wasn't that involved with the football action but focused a fair bit on people watching and those kinds of things stick with young kids. Saw plenty of youngsters supporting pool in the home end.

This ain't got anything to do with football tribalism, it's basic human behaviour.

The liked the post match interview he did on BT sports a while back where he was trying to dig the reporter out about Liverpool being chosen for the early match on a Saturday. The reporter kept his cool and made kloop look like a spoilt child

Clearly whining about refs doesn’t solve the problem either.
It's worked for the dippers for years.

We've just seen live footage of Skipp getting studded in the head when he's virtually standing upright, but what do the media lead with on that match?

Klopp whining about the ref having an agenda against him and his team.

Every time we have a decision go in our favour, there's a Spanish inquisition over it. Every single time.

Every time we're hard done by it's swept under the carpet. Every. Single. Time.

It's a Meme now, it's "Spursy." That is the media narrative. It's funny to them and therefore it's funny to everyone else. It's then perpetuated by apologists who would rather blame the team than make a noise about it.

I want to see Mason go to war with Klopp over this, make a big thing about it. Show some bollocks and shine a light on what everyone wants to ignore because it's Spurs.

Maybe the apologists will grow some bollocks then.

You would have loved it mrs P proper roller coaster of emotion that typifies being a spurs fan
Optimism before kick off quickly evaporated and at 3 nil there were a few levy out chants and you’re not fit to wear the shirt chants then Romero for the 3rd time under no pressure kicked the ball straight to a Liverpool player - he tried to blame Porro but got quickly jeered and left in no doubt it was his fault

Then a bit of gallows banter - we want our money back we’re shit and we know we are - and then to the Liverpool fans how shit must you be ? It’s only 3 nil

Then from the back of the spurs fans came Tottenham till I die - and that was it - we remembered who we were and why we were there and supported our team (as shit as some of them may be) as best we could - not sure it was because of us but the team responded in style
1 goal gave a glimmer of hope and when the 2nd went in game on - and the scenes when richy scored unbelievable- of course quickly followed by the devastating 4th goal - but in the grand scheme of this shit season who cares ? The players were warmly applauded off the pitch - all in all an amazing day and why I still go to football matches COYS
Well done sir , you travelling fans were fantastic , done us proud

I don’t think the whining influences the media.

A lot of the media are just Liverpool fans and immensely biased.

Us being more vocal won’t change that as long as the media is represented by Liverpool supporters.

They are an embarrassing group and we can’t honestly want to behave like them.

We've just seen live footage of Skipp getting studded in the head when he's virtually standing upright, but what do the media lead with on that match?

Every time we have a decision go in our favour, there's a Spanish inquisition over it. Every single time.

It's a Meme now, it's "Spursy." That is the media narrative. It's funny to them and therefore it's funny to everyone else. It's then perpetuated by apologists who would rather blame the team than make a noise about it.

I want to see Mason go to war with Klopp over this, make a big thing about it. Show some bollocks and shine a light on what everyone wants to ignore because it's Spurs.

Have many managers suffered injuries for being cunts?

Replay of the incident
vince-mc-mahon-entrance.gif

You would have loved it mrs P proper roller coaster of emotion that typifies being a spurs fan
Optimism before kick off quickly evaporated and at 3 nil there were a few levy out chants and you’re not fit to wear the shirt chants then Romero for the 3rd time under no pressure kicked the ball straight to a Liverpool player - he tried to blame Porro but got quickly jeered and left in no doubt it was his fault

Then a bit of gallows banter - we want our money back we’re shit and we know we are - and then to the Liverpool fans how shit must you be ? It’s only 3 nil

Then from the back of the spurs fans came Tottenham till I die - and that was it - we remembered who we were and why we were there and supported our team (as shit as some of them may be) as best we could - not sure it was because of us but the team responded in style
1 goal gave a glimmer of hope and when the 2nd went in game on - and the scenes when richy scored unbelievable- of course quickly followed by the devastating 4th goal - but in the grand scheme of this shit season who cares ? The players were warmly applauded off the pitch - all in all an amazing day and why I still go to football matches COYS
Fantastic, thank you :)

Without digging out individuals for mistakes. Our defence obviously has issues. Whether that be system or quality of player and coaching.
To get to this stage shows a lack of planning and recruitment from above.
Ryan has to give the defence the best chance in the circumstances and I'm not sure he's doing that.

Fucking Klopp seems to be succeeding in making it all about him, when in fact it's all about how his team cheated their way to a win again.

Not going 5-0, 2-0, 3-0 down first before we decide to play is probably a starting point!

That's not spirit .. that's damage limitation when there's nothing left to lose
...that's NOT a tactic!
Yes can we play attacking front football if we are 0-0? All well and good going for it when getting pumped so oppo drop off.

Its the penalty on Rich that was not given which we should be more furious about.

They should probably both have been red cards (althought Jota's one was worse). Our fans will only see the Jota red, and theirs will only see the Skipp one. So the bad decisions on the reds, evened out a little bit.

Why have you posted a Diaz wankfest video?

Cringe Wince GIF

Absolutely.

After that Brighton match there was absolute uproar about the decisions that went against Brighton and the next day it was being constantly talked about which ended up with an apology from the PGMOL at 10am.

Yet on Sunday a player gets booted in the head, which leads to a cut head and having to be taken off with no red card add to that a penalty Richarlison should have had but not a word.

How is a Mitoma penalty a worse decision than getting booted in the head in a world where head injuries are discussed so much? It's all bollocks.

Back
Top Bottom