AWAY TO EVERTON

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everton imo has the best attack in the league, this will be the biggest test of our defence so far. Lukaku is an absolute monster at the moment, and I think it's fair to say he's on his way to becoming a world class player. I've also been very impressed with Deulofeu this season and looking forward to seeing if we can shut him down.
Individually I think Everton has a good defence with the likes of Stones, Coleman and Baines, their problem is that Martinez' tactics are shit with defending.
Both McCarthy and Cleverley appear to be out, which will be a huge miss for them. We're on a good run and our squad has been playing well lately, I think we're very much able to bring home the 3 points

They've just conceded 4 goals at home to Stoke. Pathetic. If we fail to score at least two goals in this game I'd be fucking furious.

Yes fair points, but the interesting thing is that they lost 4-3 today. So I had a bit of a look at the squad they fielded and they have one or two key players missing in their defensive set up. Primarily Jagielka , Mcarthy who is their sort of playmaker was injured today, so I am wondering what impact that would have on their attacking potency.Anyways another game that we can't take lightly.

They do score a lot, obviously a massive test for the defence. But they concede a shitload as well, only one less than Chelsea have:pochlol:

So Dembele will probably be out for this one....

----------------------------Lloris---------------------------
Trippier-------Alderweireld---Vertonghen-------Rose
--------------------------Dier--Benteleb------------------
-------Lamela--------------Eriksen-------------Son-----
-------------------------------Kane-------------------------

Trippier was motm today so i would reward him with another start. I totally understand Poch starting Carrol due to him being in decent form when coming on but i don't like him starting and thought he was poor today. Of course there's Mason who can come in but i would give Benteleb a start in this one. Alli looked tired today and probably needs a rest so give Son a start in this one.

Not till the 3rd, gives us a bit of time to rest:assess:train for a change.
Thought Poch did well to prepare is tactically for Watford today in 48 hours.
We should therefore be well prepped for this one. On our day we should have way too much for Everton but this is football!

remember last year when Bentaleb was the MOTM playing as left back? :bentalebscream:

anyways, they are shite in the back so we can do them as well:dierpochhug:
That Eric Dier cross.

iSpxXFnwJh21z.gif

Bit daft. Why on earth would you expect them to defend again so badly two games in a row. :/
Everton at home this season:
Conceded 4 to Stoke
Conceded 3 to Leicester
Conceded 1 to Palace
Conceded 2 to Sunderland
Conceded 3 to Man Utd
Conceded 2 to Man City
Conceded 2 to Watford

So that's 17 goals conceded at home in 10 league games. If we can't score at least 2, I'd be disappointed considering the amount of goals we score. Of course, I'd settle with a 0-1 win but todays game was the harder of the two fixtures.

Tough game. Toby and Jan are more than capable of keeping Lukaku quiet. They're going to know him better than any other defensive pairing in the world, let alone the Prem so it should be a good match up.

I thought that Trippier had a pretty good game bar the odd mistake but can see Walker start against Everton if he's fit. He's improved a great deal this season.

Dembele might be out so I'd like to see Alli and Dier at CDM with Lamela and Son starting on the wing (Lamela has been fantastic this season and it's nice to see that everyone is getting behind him), Eriksen should slot into the middle with the big man up top.

Martinez' defensive tactics are pretty shit in all honesty. Everton have decent individual defenders but I'm thinking having Lamela, Son, Eriksen and Kane attacking will be far too much for them.

It'll be a good game though, I'm sure. They're a very good side and were unlucky to lose against Stoke. I'm banking on it being a tight, 2-1 victory to the Spurs.

COYS! A happy new year to all (in particular 'The Dane' who I was a cunt to earlier on. My apologies. Hugs and kisses).

Back
Top Bottom