Away fans in Paxton last night

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not about moaning - they have as much right as anyone to attend a game.

But, firstly, why aren't the club ensuring ticket pricing that would fill the ground? Secondly, lower tickets presumably means more fans buy them before they go on general sale.

yes it is, - of course they do (pretty sure that's what im saying)

I dunno ask the club?
clearly not

Well if you can't get up for Benfica at home, we're cut from a different cloth.

(I once jibbed it to Linz for a game, was unemployed at the time. you do what you do)

Well if you can't get up for Benfica at home, we're cut from a different cloth.

(I once jibbed it to Linz for a game, was unemployed at the time. you do what you do)

I was up for it. I'm talking about filling the ground and keeping the (fantastic) away support in the away end. Which means stewards don't have to make those difficult decisions (some thrown out, some not).

And if a way to do that is to lower prices, in the home game sandwiched between Chelsea and Woolwich, then they should do that.

Bale Force Bale Force

is this a serious complaint?

sure from where i was watching on the tv is looked like they sold them more than their allocation but fuck mate the atmosphere is what footballs about..

seems the fucking mug you were near should have spent more time creating the home atmosphere than trying to get the stewards to kick people out..

FFS benfica away mugged us off in our own stadium...we should be fucking embaressed..

Well circumstance actually has quite a lot to do with this, rather than us just simply being 'mugged off' - the fact London is such a cosmopolitan city means whoever we play there are always a large number of their fans that live locally and end up getting tickets.

Dan R Dan R yeah i know what you're talking about.
they should do a lot of things.

(many a time we have been in that away fans position abroad, so apologies if i dont share your indignation)

Well circumstance actually has quite a lot to do with this, rather than us just simply being 'mugged off' - the fact London is such a cosmopolitan city means whoever we play there are always a large number of their fans that live locally and end up getting tickets.

yep Stockwell was deserted last night...

thats a shit excuse mate...
there are plenty of valid ones...overzealous stewarding, harsh criminal penalties, prices of the tickets, changing demographics etc etc..
cosmopolitian city is a load of bollocks...im sure theres plenty of benefica fans in london....except we would outnumber them 100 to 1!
the fans need to take along hard look at themselves...thanks god 1882 has started that process..

Dan R Dan R yeah i know what you're talking about.
they should do a lot of things.

(many a time we have been in that away fans position abroad, so apologies if i dont share your indignation)

Fair enough. It's not indignation - as I said, they have the right to attend a game, they aren't the problem, Benfica's support was fantastic. I got taken in the home end away at Chelsea when I was a kid (terrifying for a young un). Just think the club don't help themselves or the stewards.

They probably sold Benfica those tickets to REDUCE the abuse the home team receives!! I shared a season ticket there for 4 years from Hoddle to Jol, I know this certainly isn't everyone in that stand but the amount of moaning was unbearable

As a general rule of thumb, if you get allocated 3,000 away tickets and fill it fair play. However, the overspilling fans who cannot get into that section and buy into the home end, need to behave, sit quiet and shut the fuck up. Any of them taking the piss can get a slap, and do one.
This isn't rugby.

I've done it before countless times, domestically and on tour in europe and I don't cunt off the locals.

Naturally, some of the more meat-headed thick twats took exception to these away fans and were promptly ejected by THFC stewards..

:wall: Why should they have been kicked out? Clearly states in the T&C's of a ticket that away fans are NOT allowed into the home end, it is provocative. If that was me, i'd of done the same thing. WHL needs to be a fortress not some shit Tarquins manor where anyone can roll up and do what happened last night.

Fuck the gentrification of football.

thats a shit excuse mate...
there are plenty of valid ones...overzealous stewarding, harsh criminal penalties, prices of the tickets, changing demographics etc etc..
cosmopolitian city is a load of bollocks...im sure theres plenty of benefica fans in london....except we would outnumber them 100 to 1!
the fans need to take along hard look at themselves...thanks god 1882 has started that process..

Not really.

There are 25 ish home games a season and we are shite.........the London based Benfica fans will only get to see their team play once every 5 or 6 years in London and they are pretty good.

The demand for tickets for the game was clearly from Benfica fans or else they wouldn't have been there.

In the CL season thousands of Spurs fans got tickets for away games in the home ends of the ground, including at the Bernabau - are Real Madrid fans shit???

Not really.

There are 25 ish home games a season and we are shite.........the London based Benfica fans will only get to see their team play once every 5 or 6 years in London and they are pretty good.

The demand for tickets for the game was clearly from Benfica fans or else they wouldn't have been there.

In the CL season thousands of Spurs fans got tickets for away games in the home ends of the ground, including at the Bernabau - are Real Madrid fans shit???

selling out the away section is one thing and quite and understandable, mugs in the home areas is an embaressment..
i was in the away section at inter milan, i didnt see a spurs fan in the home sections..or not ones loud enough or obvisous enough to show it..

edit...and yes madrid fans are shit...bunch of fickle wankers
comparing an 82 thousand seat stadium to a 36 thousand seat is apples and oranges...

i bet we didnt get tickets in the home areas though...selling out the away section is one thing and quite understandable, mugs in the home areas is an embaressment..
i was in the away section at inter milan, i didnt see a spurs fan in the home sections..or not ones loud enough or obvisous enough to show it..

I was in the home section at the Bernabau and Young Boys - there were Spurs in the home sections at both Milan games

regarding away fans: (I asked this in the Pyro therad, but anyway) Is the rule that away fans at WHL can bring pyro, flags and banners, while home fans can not?

Back
Top Bottom