AVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im not saying AVB was great up until yesterdays match, but we would not have lost like that if Paulinho had stayed on and Im sure Levy would have been less likely to sack him if it was a 3-2 or 3-1 loss.... You tit

We were getting bossed before Paulinho got a red and likely wouldn't have scored regardless. A good team doesn't fall to pieces after a red card either like we did.

Have only been "Religiously" following Spurs since Redknapp's last year and I just expected him to leave for the England job. So AVB was the first manager I have really liked at Spurs because I always felt as though Redknapp was at Tottenham for the England job. Sad to see AVB go. Genuinely liked his passion for the game and his tactics(when they worked). Any *legitimate* speculation as to who we think will be our next manager? Perhaps Pep Guardiola?:adegrin:

I was thinking more that this season doesn't look very bright that he may fuck off to sunny spain in January. Just wouldn't be overly shocked if it happened.
The way we were possibly heading under AVB could've seen players like Vertonghen, Lloris be looking elsewhere in the summer anyway. The board have made their decision, lets all hope it pays off. COYS.

Totally do. Paulinho directly to blame for AVB's sacking. If we had lost 2-1 or 3-1, no problem just keep on keeping on but 5-0 is an embarrassment and that red completely changed the game. Must say if we do fail to get top ten this season at least we will know who the true fans are.

Bit harsh to say he's directly to blame. There has been blood in the water for a long time. The media and nuclear meltdown fans however.....

I dont know why people are feeling sorry for AVB, he just made a shit load of money for doing a mediocre job at our clubs expense. He'll walk into a European club with his reputation in tact and will probably come back to a lesser premier league side sometime in the next 2 yrs.

I'm disappointed in the players' lack of public backing as much as their sub-standard performances. I would have liked to see more of them coming out and backing AVB, quashing the reports of unrest and confusion within the team.

It does make me wonder if the reason they didn't, is because it was true :walkercry:

I'm disappointed in the players' lack of public backing as much as their sub-standard performances. I would have liked to see more of them coming out and backing AVB, quashing the reports of unrest and confusion within the team.

It does make me wonder if the reason they didn't, is because it was true :walkercry:

i thought i read a fair few articles doing exactly that from eriksen, holtby, walker, sandro etc.

Back
Top Bottom