AVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

pleat.jpeg

"Good evening everyone"
"Well I thought Churches had a good game, Lomellie was unlucky not to score, and Dambeelay was solid. Larissa made some top top saves, so I'm happy with the draw - Hull are a good side"

Might as well get in there before we sack the next manager and sammy tells us so again.

Shit manager, something something, Harry Redknapp, something something, poor performances something something, haha so now you've changed your mind hypocrite something something

But then again, judging on what he said (or didn't say more to the point) in his post-match yesterday about the players
not necessarily being his that would suggest they were Baldini's... now either Franco's a lousy coach (Chadli, hello) or AVB isn't as gifted in his man-motivation skills as he thought he was...
there is was no doubt in the attention to detail that AVB put into EVERYTHING to do with our games, but that doesn't seem to take into account human emotions ON THE DAY, that no amount of graphs and charts and dossiers can possibly hope to cope with...
that was AVB's main failing IMHO.
I do agree he does look more fragile than iv'e seen in any other manager, but he still changed things, yesterday Naughton was physically raped and he saw that and brought him off at half time, and then Dembele having a mare was replaced early by Townsend, he is a manager who makes positive changes unlike 'Harry 'Lets bring on Alan Hutton when we're two nil down' Redknapp. It' s just he doesn't do the shout bit, think thats what Freund was for, I don't think you have to be that vocal during a match to be a top class manager, Mourinho, Wenger etc don't seem to be shouters. But I suppose its something you earn rather than start with, needs time to build that allure and self assurity:avbcringe:

Not worried about ship jumpers. I think the chances of getting a manager who's in it for the long haul is very small in the modern era, unless said manager somehow manages to become a title winner. I think the only reason AVB was loyal was because he knew he had to be after the way the Chelsea job turned out.

Which is fair enough, it was an observation more than criticism, he seems to have moved on after a season or two a few times. As I say, something nags me with him but I cant pin down what.

I do think he will be a front runner though and justifiably so

I had become increasingly concerned over the last couple of months but had retained the faith that he'd get there in the end.
The biggest sadness for me at this point is, once again, back to the drawing board. More player turnover. Another 18 months of transition.

Back
Top Bottom