AVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DoF and Continental "tactician" appointed as manager......manager had won a couple trophies masking an otherwise wafer thin CV.....started ok........goes to shit by November in second season.

So expect an open letter from Levy soon about going back to a traditional system and a certain Mr Pardew to come in...

:avbmad:

More made up bullshit from the body language expert, i see. Alright, let's address it.
AVB has said the players should be ashamed of themselves
"We have to be ashamed of ourselves, and react to a defeat like this," Villas-Boas told the BBC.
he also has said the fans need to take a look at themselves as it's affecting the players performance
"We looked like the away team. We played in a difficult atmosphere with almost no support," said Villas-Boas.
"We have a wonderful set of fans but they can do better. We don't need the negativity of today."
"We didn't have the support we should have done. There was much anxiety from the stands, the players had to do it alone.
"We spoke about it at half-time. I told the players that we would have to do it on our own. They had to dig deep and look for the strength within themselves. They also believed that it's not easy to play in this stadium when the atmosphere is like this."

I don't see him blaming the fans for the performance (btw we won that game if you don't remember), i see him addressing an issue that most of us have been aware of ourselves. But apparently in your world of rocket science and body language, rallying for more vocal support equals blaming the fans for the performance. What a confused world you live in.
Everyone one else is to blame (according to him) except for the one person who is really to blame and that's yourself.. Man up and admit it's your fault.

I know, but your point about 72pts last season means very little this season.

Did people want to give Harry another year despite getting 4th twice? No, it didnt matter to them...the capitulation mattered.

This is Andres second meltdown after we threw away a 10pt lead in 4th last season too.....same rules apply.

Someone said he's no premier league manager. That's why I quoted last season because currently that's the ONLY full season with him in charge that we can refer too. And he got 72 points and equalled our most away wins and one measly point off 4th.
Yes bale was there to help but i don't see how setting a system up to allow your best player to excel is some sort of caviat against him being any good.
For gods sake some of the same morons baying for AVB's blood were the ones criticising redknapp for not playing Bale on the left. AVB went against that and the guy scored a shit load of goals.

Someone said he's no premier league manager. That's why I quoted last season because currently that's the ONLY full season with him in charge that we can refer too. And he got 72 points and equalled our most away wins and one measly point off 4th.
Yes bale was there to help but i don't see how setting a system up to allow your best player to excel is some sort of caviat against him being any good.
For gods sake some of the same morons baying for AVB's blood were the ones criticising redknapp for not playing Bale on the left. AVB went against that and the guy scored a shit load of goals.
And still managed to throw away the 4th spot
Now we sit 9th.
Record number of points mean absolutely zero.

Are you plain stupid man ?

Now we sit 9th.

No, but I dare say you're a fucking moronic kneejerking tosspot.
You HONESTLY believe sacking AVB a quarter through the season will do any good at all?
Maybe if we're quick, we can sack AVB and get Tony Pulis out of his Crystal Palace job.

Seriously. Some fucking people.

You HONESTLY believe sacking AVB a quarter through the season will do any good at all?
Maybe if we're quick, we can sack AVB and get Tony Pulis out of his Crystal Palace job.

Don't feed the goon maggot

Now we sit 9th.

He didn't 'throw away' shit. Our results in the second half of the season were majoratively good. We were one result away from 4th place. I'm not saying record points is better than finishing top 4. But I'm saying its still an achievement of sorts, in response to @ ANTONIO MONTANA ANTONIO MONTANA who basically said he's a fraud. People like you dismiss it out of hand. Because you are unreasonable and have an anti AVB agenda.

For the record Throwing it away is having a blistering start to the season befor taking your eye off the ball in January because you fancy a different job and going through relegation form till the end of the season.

Just in address of the "lots of moaning, no solution" claims: I wonder if Hiddink could be convinced to come out of his pre-WC mini-sabbatical early.

If he came it would be for 6 - 9 months............then what do we do?........

We are far better off letting Villas Boas have the time and resources to be a longer term success

We are far better off letting Villas Boas have the time and resources to be a longer term success
Getting someone with massive experience to "steady the ship" wouldn't be too bad in my opinion. The long term solution can be found while that person is in charge. It's not an ideal situation to be in by any means, but the potential long term success of AVB is not easy to see based on the last year and a half. Of course, that last part is where we go from looking at the current facts and start trying to predict the future..

As I've said before, faith and patience have to be built some kind of firm indicator of improvement and progress. What has AVB shown in his 15 months to prove that he is building anything at all at Spurs? Even the airtight defensive record that was meant to be the legacy to the side has completely collapsed at this point.

The whole 'squad overhaul' excuse shouldn't be washing with anyone any more. To look disjointed in the early offing is to be expected, I concede that- but to utterly, utterly capitulate as we did yesterday, a game which took place on the cusp of December, is totally indefensible. This squad isn't just going through normal growing pains- they're completely lacking in the fundamental direction and inspiration a team needs to act as a unit. Professional footballers of that quality, who have been training together since the summer, simply shouldn't look that unfamiliar and overwhelmed.

We simply cannot keep investing time and money into AVB on the grounds of mere optimism alone. The minimum outputs on the pitch that we need to see before we can comfortably keep holding that line simply haven't emerged.

Also, who's to say that Hiddink will only stay for 6-9 months?

I just cannot see how getting rid of boas makes sense in any reality. At this stage.

Sure, if we get to jan and were knocked out the cup and lying 17th it needs looking at but this knee jerking isn't helping anyone.

did you honestly think sacking ramos 8 games in wasnt a good idea? remember he'd had less time than AVB and already won a trophy.

Now is not the time to sack AVB, IF we lose to Utd and Fulham, then he may well have to go. Imagine what Jol would be thinking that night, mind you he might not be Fulham's manager by then.

Fulham could be AVB's 'West Brom' moment. As Levy has said many a time, we don't need CL money we do need Prem money. As Jol and Ramos found out, the minute our Prem situation is in danger, Levy starts looking through the P45s.

Try not to put any of our key players on the Tromso plane, except maybe Capoue who needs the game, and Dawson who's not been playing during the international breaks . But as few as realistically possible. Mainly play youngsters and fringe players

Last edited:
As I've said before, faith and patience have to be built some kind of firm indicator of improvement and progress. What has AVB shown in his 15 months to prove that he is building anything at all at Spurs? Even the airtight defensive record that was meant to be the legacy to the side has completely collapsed at this point.

The whole 'squad overhaul' excuse shouldn't be washing with anyone any more. To look disjointed in the early offing is to be expected, I concede that- but to utterly, utterly capitulate as we did yesterday, a game which took place on the cusp of December, is totally indefensible. This squad isn't just going through normal growing pains- they're completely lacking in the fundamental direction and inspiration a team needs to act as a unit. Professional footballers of that quality, who have been training together since the summer, simply shouldn't look that unfamiliar and overwhelmed.

We simply cannot keep investing time and money into AVB on the grounds of mere optimism alone. The minimum outputs on the pitch that we need to see before we can comfortably keep holding that line simply haven't emerged.

Also, who's to say that Hiddink will only stay for 6-9 months?
Should United have sacked Ferg at the end of his third season in charge? Or the next year, when even though they won the fa cup, they finished 13th in the league?

He didn't 'throw away' shit. Our results in the second half of the season were majoratively good. We were one result away from 4th place. I'm not saying record points is better than finishing top 4. But I'm saying its still an achievement of sorts, in response to @ ANTONIO MONTANA ANTONIO MONTANA who basically said he's a fraud. People like you dismiss it out of hand. Because you are unreasonable and have an anti AVB agenda.

For the record Throwing it away is having a blistering start to the season befor taking your eye off the ball in January because you fancy a different job and going through relegation form till the end of the season.

For the record if finishing 4th one point off of 3rd is throwing it away then what is finishing 5th one point off of 4th?

And from the last 15 games we picked up 31 points last year compared to 20 the previous? So if what we saw in 11/12 was relegation form then what we saw at the end of last season was mid table form.... which is pretty much reflected in our current position.

Last edited:
For the record if finishing 4th one point off of 3rd is throwing it away then what is finishing 5th one point off of 4th?

And from the last 15 games we picked up 31 points last year compared to 20 the previous? So if what we saw in 11/12 was relegation form then what we saw at the wend of last season was mid table form.... which is pretty much reflected in our current position.

I don't think we were ever 10 points clear of 5th place last season though.
As I recall we were running close with both Chelsea and Woolwich all season.
We beat man city at home and drew with Chelsea away during that run in. The game that fucked it was losing 1-0 to Fulham at home after we'd just scraped through a Europa league tie the same week.

Back
Top Bottom