Ashley Phillips

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I watched the match, he was solid, made some important interceptions, and his only real mistake was a mistimed tackle that got him booked.

The Argyle Young Player of the Season is Ashley Phillips.

Signed in January, on loan from Tottenham Hotspur, 18-year-old central defender Ashley made 20 appearances, impressing with his maturity and physical presence in the Argyle backline.

Phillips earned 46% of the Green Army’s votes, just ahead of Freddie Issaka, with 39%.

"I've had a really good time here," said Phillips. "It's definitely the highest point of my career, being able to come here and play games.

"I can't thank [Argyle] enough for trusting me and giving me the minutes I need.

"I'm so happy for the fans, and this club, that they get another season in the Championship."

dsc01453.jpg

Back
Top Bottom