Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte’s gone to Italy for further recuperation anyway.

By the way, can you get a refund from an airline for the return fare if it turns out you don’t need it?

Asking for a friend.

:contesideeye:

He's chatted a LOT of bollocks this last couple of weeks.....

Danny Kelly just made a strong observation on TS.... He said that Conte has tried to throw the players under the bus whilst simultaneously trying to "exploit the cracks between the fanbase and the owners", to shield himself from any blame, but it has back-fired....... Very few have bought it even if they see an element of truth to some of his words.

I don’t know why people in the media just can’t come out and say everyone is to blame rather than trying to cause factions to emerge by blaming one over another to whip up sentiment. Anyone who has been following us this season and in the past knows it’s everyone to blame. The owner, the manager and the players.

I don’t know why people in the media just can’t come out and say everyone is to blame rather than trying to cause factions to emerge by blaming one over another to whip up sentiment. Anyone who has been following us this season and in the past knows it’s everyone to blame. The owner, the manager and the players.

That's effectively what Kelly has done.........

It's only really those that constantly gnash their teeth over Levy that are backing him over his tantrum.

Putting Levy aside - we all know his failings and how culpable he is and I am sure there is a thread on him somewhere on here ...

Conte has massively, massively underperformed this season. Turgid football. Bad squad management. Refused to drop Son for months - and must take some responsibility for playing Son as a 'Conte #10' aka inside forward with back to goal. Ran Højbjerg into the ground despite Bissouma/Skpp/Sarr. Would not play Spence, persisted for months and months with Royal at WB (ironically when he did finally show some good form he was dropped for the superior technician in Porro). Persisted with the 2 CMs who were outnumbered *every single* game against inferior teams. Persisted with Dier when he clearly is not good enough. And then slagged of the fans and the players when he threw away our trophy chances with weird tactics and team selections in must win games. Looking back, those three games - Forest, Sheff Utd and AC Milan ... total shambles where the blame lies squarely with the manager IMO.

We have the makings of a very decent squad. Lots of young players who can really go up a level with the right coaching and leadership - Romero, Porro, Spence, Udogie, Skipp, Sarr, Bissouma, Bentancur, Kulusevski, Richarlison ... just needs a world class spine - GK, CB, CM, CF. We already have the CF in Kane (but I would not be surprised if he left this summer now). Just needs a decent manager who is prepared to coach the players and play exciting football when the situation dictates (i.e. home games and away games at non-top 4 teams).

Putting Levy aside - we all know his failings and how culpable he is and I am sure there is a thread on him somewhere on here ...

Conte has massively, massively underperformed this season. Turgid football. Bad squad management. Refused to drop Son for months - and must take some responsibility for playing Son as a 'Conte #10' aka inside forward with back to goal. Ran Højbjerg into the ground despite Bissouma/Skpp/Sarr. Would not play Spence, persisted for months and months with Royal at WB (ironically when he did finally show some good form he was dropped for the superior technician in Porro). Persisted with the 2 CMs who were outnumbered *every single* game against inferior teams. Persisted with Dier when he clearly is not good enough. And then slagged of the fans and the players when he threw away our trophy chances with weird tactics and team selections in must win games. Looking back, those three games - Forest, Sheff Utd and AC Milan ... total shambles where the blame lies squarely with the manager IMO.

We have the makings of a very decent squad. Lots of young players who can really go up a level with the right coaching and leadership - Romero, Porro, Spence, Udogie, Skipp, Sarr, Bissouma, Bentancur, Kulusevski, Richarlison ... just needs a world class spine - GK, CB, CM, CF. We already have the CF in Kane (but I would not be surprised if he left this summer now). Just needs a decent manager who is prepared to coach the players and play exciting football when the situation dictates (i.e. home games and away games at non-top 4 teams).
I agree with a lot of what you say. But if you gave Conte the world class spine, we'd probably compete for the title. Particularly the GK and CB. Despite the boring football, we score a lot of goals. We have dogshit defenders bar Romero and even he, whilst talented, is a little reckless.

Back
Top Bottom