Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Suck it up till the end of the season then bring in a more long term manager who wants to play football which belongs in the 21st Century and is willing to actually put young players on the pitch.

Painful rebuild time. Enough of these short term, defensive manager fixes.
You make it sound so easy.

I'm sure if we got another manager in and it didn't work out you'd start criticising.

Rebuild is such a bullshit phrase in football nowadays. You need time for a rebuild yet fickle fans don't give managers a chance anymore.

I'm sure if we got another manager in and it didn't work out you'd start criticising.

Rebuild is such a bullshit phrase in football nowadays. You need time for a rebuild yet fickle fans don't give managers a chance anymore.
Just ignore him. He’s hit puberty and he thinks he knows it all. Better than football analysts, better than managers, better than businessmen. Surprised he’s not said he’s some Wall Street broker doing 100m a year yet.

Nope, not true. I just don't want this manager to be 'given a chance' because I don't view him as the right man to oversee what we need.

You're free to disagree but he has the players available to oversee a far better brand of football than we're seeing this season, and as a coach his job is to motivate the players to turn up from minute one. We don't even exist in first halves, it's unacceptable.

We've been rebuilding for two or three seasons now... how much more time do we need?
We do need a long-term manager and Conte is clearly not the man for it. Everything has already been said here: he's stubborn, rigid and the players seem to be losing trust in him.

Just ignore him. He’s hit puberty and he thinks he knows it all

Better than football analysts, better than managers, better than businessmen

Oh go back to making light of rape cases & trying to strip women of their rights you absolute shit excuse for a human being.

The only reason you've started getting all huffy is because with every game you look more of a fucking idiot by throwing your full support behind this shit. So of course you've got to double down on it.

Shut the fuck up already and touch some grass you little cunt
X7Lz.gif

:)

Oh go back to making light of rape cases & trying to strip women of their rights you absolute shit excuse for a human being.

The only reason you've started getting all huffy is because with every game you look more of a fucking idiot by throwing your full support behind this shit. So of course you've got to double down on it.
Don’t even know what the fuck you mean with your first paragraph, I’d rather be honest and say how it is than a pathetic low T virtue signalling cuck like yourself

Bet you weren’t moaning last season when we finished 4th, were you? In fact you were nowhere to be seen. Now you crawled back out of your cave to give lessons about football. Just fuck off kid, you don’t know shit, I don’t know shit, nobody does. Stop pretending you’re some enlightened smug twat

New starting rwb, lwb, two new cb's obviously badly needed. And another rotation cb.

Beyond that, rotate the damned team. Liverpool played Melkamu Frauendorf, Calvin Ramsey, Layton Stewart, Sedan Bazcejtic and Bobby Clark tonight. And won the game on pens. Spence, Gil, Sarr, Tanganga... these guys are training all year, the least you can do is give them a run out in the cup game along with 4/5 starters, they will reward you with effort and drive, you might even find that one or two of them are worth more minutes. Don't particularly care that we're out of the league cup, but the manner of it is extremely disappointing.

I think the answer is the big rebuild we should have done after Mourinho. Lloris, Son, and probably Kane out as well as the donkeys (Emerson, Doc, Dier, Moura, Sanchez) and start again around a base of Romero, Bissouma, Bentancur, Kulusevski, Udogie, Richarlison, Skipp, Spence with a modern coach who plays good football that will be with us for a few seasons. Which coach i dont know but Eddie Howe has showed it doesnt have to be a 3 year process. Buy well and you can be competitive straight away.
Like mentioned before, the rebuild word in football drives me mad. Apart from Poch when has a manager at this club in recent years ever been given three years? We basically force managers out nowadays with crappy attitudes.

Also, Eddie Howe... I bet you any money when they lost to Cambridge United in the FA Cup last season all their fans wanted him out. Newcastle are a pathetic club to compare us to anyway, they've been run terribly over the years and struck lucky with a state taking them over in a corrupt deal.

Don’t even know what the fuck you mean with your first paragraph, I’d rather be honest and say how it is than a pathetic low T virtue signalling cuck like yourself

Bet you weren’t moaning last season when we finished 4th, were you? In fact you were nowhere to be seen. Now you crawled back out of your cave to give lessons about football. Just fuck off kid, you don’t know shit, I don’t know shit, nobody does. Stop pretending you’re some enlightened smug twat

Imagine calling somebody else 'kid' when you're here embarrassing yourself with this edgy 15 year old who just discovered Joe Rogan shit.

You're a highly unpleasant individual who is having yet another little meltdown/tantrum because you have all the emotional maturity of a plant pot.

I'm disappointed in Conte.

I don't expect miracles and am quite pragmatic but it's the lack of identity

We simply aren't anything and that's not good enough but it's also a big surprise.

In the round of course it looks okay but it had looked so much better a few short weeks ago.

So it appears it's built on nothing concrete, which is why Conte was supposedly brought to the club.

Tuchel or Pochettino loom on the horizon..

Like mentioned before, the rebuild word in football drives me mad. Apart from Poch when has a manager at this club in recent years ever been given three years? We basically force managers out nowadays with crappy attitudes.

Also, Eddie Howe... I bet you any money when they lost to Cambridge United in the FA Cup last season all their fans wanted him out. Newcastle are a pathetic club to compare us to anyway, they've been run terribly over the years and struck lucky with a state taking them over in a corrupt deal.

We've spent more money than they have since said takeover, so there's no excuses related to the money factor here yet.

Nope, not true. I just don't want this manager to be 'given a chance' because I don't view him as the right man to oversee what we need.

You're free to disagree but he has the players available to oversee a far better brand of football than we're seeing this season, and as a coach his job is to motivate the players to turn up from minute one. We don't even exist in first halves, it's unacceptable.
What about last season though?

Do you fail to see anything positive Conte has done for us? Or is it easier just to be negative?

Let him replace the average players with ones he wants.

If we're not going to let him do it and back him by doing it then just get rid of him and get in a manager who will please a certain part of the fanbase who want us to play good football but achieve fuck all under the same restrictions

Back
Top Bottom