Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FsLaCE1WcAQLCAp

Including Ben Davies on that is a disgrace. No bin vote this time. Consider this your final warning sunshine!!

🤬

Cliche but fine margins in football.

Had Richy or Son scored one of the many chances against Sheffield, we're probably in the FA Cup semi right now. Had VAR overturned a fake penalty against Saints we're 3rd in the League. All of a sudden Conte is on the verge of another successful season. Anyway. On to the next poor chap.

The last 6 months of his tenure were essentially exercises in contradiction:

demands patience and the need for new resources > doesn't sign a new contract and doesn't integrate the new resources he is provided, to the point of petulance
identifies a lack of passion and fight in the team > doesn't change his starting 11 and, if so, only in the last quarter of the match
asks for more from the fans > supporters resolutely turn up week in, week out to pay the league's highest ticket prices and watch his turgid stubborn football while it knocks us out of 3 competitions

I don't begrudge him too much given his really difficult year, but he didn't half come up with some guff while in the role. Blind Freddie could see that the tweaks he made to the team after last season neutered one of Son's biggest strengths and reduced the confidence of the team.

By not behaving like a pre-teen having a tantrum.....?

I'm pretty sure he'd have been binned too if the players had made the necessary noises (we know Mase has already passed the caretaker test once before)..... I wonder if more of Conte's crew have survied the cut and if it's literally just him that's been shit-canned?
So he got binned for being rude? If Levy was running this place, 99% of us would be gone.

No

Conte worked alongside Paratici to bring players in, what do you think the point of a DOF was?

Conte had more than a say that any other manager we've had at this club and he's had more money to spend that any other manager at this club.

Quit the excuses.
I don't know what rock you've been living under. Levy has never given any manager the freedom of buying what he wants. Look at the players Conté has previously bought. He would never buy a Striker with Richarlison's build. He has history of strong, tall , Kane and Lukaku type strikers. He didn't want Spence. He might have wanted Bassouma but can't use him as he'd like because he has to protect our CBs. We've killed another manager's career record. Bring on the next one. I'm hoping it's Negalsman so people like yourself can be proven wrong.

The last 6 months of his tenure were essentially exercises in contradiction:

demands patience and the need for new resources > doesn't sign a new contract and doesn't integrate the new resources he is provided, to the point of petulance
identifies a lack of passion and fight in the team > doesn't change his starting 11 and, if so, only in the last quarter of the match
asks for more from the fans > supporters resolutely turn up week in, week out to pay the league's highest ticket prices and watch his turgid stubborn football while it knocks us out of 3 competitions

I don't begrudge him too much given his really difficult year, but he didn't half come up with some guff while in the role. Blind Freddie could see that the tweaks he made to the team after last season neutered one of Son's biggest strengths and reduced the confidence of the team.
Are you really blaming Sons poor form on Conté? Don't look at how many goals he has scored. Look at how many chances he has duffed up. Last season he'd have buried 20 goals by now. This season Son has been running straight into players believing he is going to get them to believe he will shimmy around them. Sorry but he hasn't been on form that's on him.

Back
Top Bottom