Another pissing game we won’t turn up to, have to suffer Emerson again and hope Kane or Deki save us - AKA Leeds at home, 3pm, 12th November.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wasn't particularly bothered about the League Cup game before it started. Not bothered following it. Our squad isn't good enough to rotate enough to win it and with the World Cup smack bang in the middle, it wasn't really viable to be in four competitions and wanting to competitive in all. Back to the real action.

Lloris
Dier - Lenglet - Davies
Doherty - Bentancur - Bissouma - Perisic
Kulesvski - Kane - Richarlison
3-1

I have absolutely no idea which team is going to show up.

2-E75-B7-E8-E308-4-B75-A569-3-B5155-E6-BD32.gif

giphy.gif

But whichever it is, it isn’t happening in the first half.

We'll win.

Give me the scabbiest, skankiest win of all time and I'll be happy...... I just wanna be at peace before the WC break.... Then I can spend 6 weeks in exile from this place doing embroidery; not giving the slightest fuck about football.

.....And then you can tell me all about Gary's failings when we re-convene on the other side. :freundgoal:

Give me the scabbiest, skankiest win of all time and I'll be happy...... I just wanna be at peace before the WC break.... Then I can spend 6 weeks in exile from this place doing embroidery; not giving the slightest fuck about football.

.....And then you can tell me all about Gary's failings when we re-convene on the other side. :freundgoal:

I'm looking forward to the treat that is Gary Ball at this point!!

Wasn't particularly bothered about the League Cup game before it started. Not bothered following it. Our squad isn't good enough to rotate enough to win it and with the World Cup smack bang in the middle, it wasn't really viable to be in four competitions and wanting to competitive in all. Back to the real action.

Lloris
Dier - Lenglet - Davies
Doherty - Bentancur - Bissouma - Perisic
Kulesvski - Kane - Richarlison
3-1
that side gets the job done, which means well see emerson, probably that little wimp sessegnon too

...because Leeds is open? They will also press which will make it a game of hot potato from our guys.

Or was that just hope?

Pretty much. I expect a game where they fly out and pin us back but waste chances, and we'll get a scrappy set piece or score on the counter. Could even rack up a decent scoreline if the game gets stretched in the second half, to which all will proclaim the return of Conteball.

Probably interwined with a bit of hope too though.

We will probably go behind as Leeds go all out pressing, just got to hope we score more than them after.

Pretty much. I expect a game where they fly out and pin us back but waste chances, and we'll get a scrappy set piece or score on the counter. Could even rack up a decent scoreline if the game gets stretched in the second half, to which all will proclaim the return of Conteball.

Probably interwined with a bit of hope too though.
One trick pony lost his 1 trick when Sonny went down. Leeds are riding high right now. would be a hell of a scalp to get before the WC and most of their players are going. Will be fun. Can't wait for that first half as I'm sure we'll fly out the blocks to show everyone we mean business!

A game a while back I would have well fancied us for a good win. Now, I'm not too sure.

Just get the bloody 3 points and we can regroup after the WC as this squad needs a reboot

Dreading this game because it's more tension.

I will be interested to hear Conte's pre World Cup assessment of where it's gone wrong if he provides one.

He should be honest about what he could have been better at because the idiots that blame the squad when we are doing badly but hide behind the curtains when the same players are doing well are boring and so predictable. It has to be on Conte at least as much after 14/15 months.

It goes without saying that we need a win, which is made a damn sight easier if we score in the first half and take the lead.

Blimey a 1-2 scoreline at 45 minutes, where we scored first but went in behind might even be a sign of progress.. Only might by the way.

Right now it's a good thing the days are so short so I can hide my embarrassment.

Conte, if he stays beyond the World Cup has to do better with the resources at his disposal. 4th is fine but the manner of the last 6 weeks really isn't..

Nothing at all of any quality is being defined and enduring under Conte's leadership and that is quite an indictment.

What’s the chances of seeing Spence start this one after his showing versus Forest? Close to nil I would say.

I haven’t seen the Conte post-match interview as I couldn’t face it - did he say anything positive about the young’un?

Back
Top Bottom