Another class act from Poch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not strange our players, young and old, give their all for Pochettino. I've had sympathy for our managers, like AvB and Jol, but never before admiration. He's genuine and no one can doubt that, not even our most bitter rivals have I heard talk ill of him.

Surely a Spurs XI v Newmarket Town fundraising friendly could be arranged...?

Just imagine the rousing Half-time reception he'll get when he does eventually make it back to The Lane!

I wouldn't call them rivals. They've been our competitors and even superiors during one season, hardly rivals though.

It still is a point. To reverse it. "Even fans who aren't our rivals call him etc. etc."

Pochettino is universally liked for one reason though. It's a simple thing, but even thought it's easy to do, it's something we've struggled so much to find....

..he shuts up. Says very little. That easy!

It still is a point. To reverse it. "Even fans who aren't our rivals call him etc. etc."

Pochettino is universally liked for one reason though. It's a simple thing, but even thought it's easy to do, it's something we've struggled so much to find....

I realised soon after.

I agree

But I think it's kind of hard. Even when there have been dodgy decisions or us losing to team's who have played negative football he doesn't complain or even attempt to make excuses, just "this is football". Even right after the game when emotions are high, he has reached a superior mental state to us mere mortals.

I agree

But I think it's kind of hard. Even when there have been dodgy decisions or us losing to team's who have played negative football he doesn't complain or even attempt to make excuses, just "this is football". Even right after the game when emotions are high, he has reached a superior mental state to us mere mortals.

Ha ha, yes. Imagine interviewing most of us after a loss? Lol.

I believe both him and the club have an ethos, this is part of it and it's about leading by example.

Seeing the players on holiday together with their partners and families, out for lunch after training, coupled with work in the community is showing whilst the money is obscene at times our club has the ability to help others and encourage them to follow their dreams and not give up.

so past the years of seeing players out on the lash...

Back
Top Bottom