Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

'Lost the dressing room' always gets used as an easy cliche but this might be the silliest way of using it I've ever seen. You're looking at football completely linear, In terms of genuinely bad performances this year we've probably had:
- Chelsea (A)
- Newcastle (A)
- Fulham (A)
- Wolves (H)
- Wolves (A)
- Brighton (A)

6 games all year that had no redeeming qualities, we smashed up a high flying Villa 4-0 only 6 weeks ago. Do you really think that's what a team where the manager has 'lost the dressing room' looks like? We finished 8th last year and lost our best ever player on the eve of the season, what were you expecting? I understand our blistering start raised everyone's expectations but why are we punishing the manager/club for starting a season well? Go back to the threads at the start of the year and look what people wanted from this season, literally all of them will say 'play good football and show signs of improvement and I'll be happy'. We've far exceeded that, why have the goalposts moved? I hate how reactionary our online fanbase is, it's embarrassing.
The six defeats you mention were on a par or even worse than some of the most embarrassing displays at the tail end of last season.
They weren't just bad, they were among the worst league performances of the last decade!
We already lost 4 in a row once this season, if it happens again today, he'll be the first manager to achieve it twice in a season since WWII.
Why make excuses for it? It's unacceptable

He will be given a list of players to choose from

He has already said that is how it works

He has the final say on which of those are signed

He doesn't decide who makes the list

Levy is too much of a control freak to allow that in my humble opinion
Don’t think that is down to levy anymore? We Munn, Lange, paratici and co all working on transfers. Although I’m not sure what Munn actually does!

It's not a situation that's going to fix itself overnight but with Ange I feel we have someone who is determined to change things and be successful. I never felt that with Mourinho, Nuno or Conte.
And this is the real crux of the matter.

We've had Mourhino and Conte and nothing improved. You never got the impression that either of them really gave too much of a shit......they'd been there and done it so they had nothing to prove - we were just a paycheck to them.

With Ange, it's literally shit or bust for him. He has a real chance to build something here and create some kind legacy for himself and Spurs.

It just doesn't happen overnight - we've had glimpses where it's worked and periods where it's been a disaster.

Sooner or later we're going to actually have to stick with a manager.

We get another marquee manager and it'll just be rinse and repeat in 18 months time as we'll never be more than a paycheck for them. All this talk of people wanting Nagelsmann or Tuchel is just utter horseshit for this club as it will be Conte/Mourhino all over again

Knackered because Ange´s NEW system is extremely demanding fitness wise as has been reported!

Next season we should be used to it

And i´m real!

:dembelefingers:
It’ll all be okay once ‘Angel’s system is bedded in’. We need a load of technical players to play a Brazil 1970 style and we can just disregard pesky rudimentary chores of the game like defending set pieces. They score 3, we’ll score 4.

I think he's one of the best motivators going around. His previous squads would have run through brick walls for him. That its not happening suggests some players are not buying in, and is exactly what Postecoglou has said is happening. Some players would know they're targetted for not being around next season and may not agree with that.

Who goes- him or them?
Well if he knows some players are not doing it for him he should drop them in favour some of the youngsters. Where was Scarlett the other day not on the bench. He had Gil on there though.

Knackered because Ange´s NEW system is extremely demanding fitness wise as has been reported!

Next season we should be used to it

And i´m real!

:dembelefingers:
What new systems? I’d like to see our running stats. Didn’t the goons run more than we did? Even if we are running more they have plenty of recovery time compared to other teams. May be the team is not actually that fit?

The six defeats you mention were on a par or even worse than some of the most embarrassing displays at the tail end of last season.
They weren't just bad, they were among the worst league performances of the last decade!
We already lost 4 in a row once this season, if it happens again today, he'll be the first manager to achieve it twice in a season since WWII.
Why make excuses for it? It's unacceptable

There is no way this group of players should be on two 4 match losing streaks either. There’s enough quality there. Something is amiss.

Go back to the threads at the start of the year and look what people wanted from this season, literally all of them will say 'play good football and show signs of improvement and I'll be happy'. We've far exceeded that, why have the goalposts moved? I hate how reactionary our online fanbase is, it's embarrassing.
The key point is “signs of improvement.”

26 points in first 10 games then 34 points in next 24 - including 7 points in the last 7 matches. The complete opposite of improvement.

So people are completely justified in worrying
whether Ange-ball has been found out.

Last edited:
Fenian cowardly terrorists cunts who hate everything British use the derogatory term 'hun' in reference to Rangers because of their affinity and support of the Royal family.

Fenians consider our Royals as huns because of the heritage of George 1.

Now, I can certainly understand how a fenian cunt like nicolaesen uses such a term but for the fucker to get away with it on a football forum of a British team is absolutely fucking unbelievable and speaks fucking volumes for the Spurs supporters on here who let him get away with it.
Oh you can write in English you fucking imbecile. I’m not a fenian cunt and I have no allegiance to either of the old firm. I’m Scottish but supported Tottenham since 81 but I live in Scotland and know exactly what you bigoted cunts from either side are like. Your post I replied to stank of exactly what I’m talking about. You are anti Celtic and anti Ange and what makes that laughable is he owned Scottish football when he was there and you can’t handle that. Why don’t you do one back to Rangers forum with all your fuck the pope bead rattling bastards shite. Nobody on here has any interest in anything you say or anything Rangers. Now fuck off you hun cunt.

What the fuck does this say?

Anyone?

Anyone?
Yi wurr telt at the beginnin' that Ange sh*ite-ball wis the beginnin' of the end furr yi, an' didnae listen.

The good news, tho, is that Brenda(n) will be available furr yi next season. lmfao

In English

You were told at the beginning that Ange shite - ball was the beginning of the end for you and you didn’t listen.

The good news though is that Brendan Rodgers will be available for you next season. Laugh my fucking arse off

Hope that helps. The guy is a balloon.

We've had Mourhino and Conte and nothing improved. You never got the impression that either of them really gave too much of a shit......they'd been there and done it so they had nothing to prove - we were just a paycheck to them.

With Ange, it's literally shit or bust for him. He has a real chance to build something here and create some kind legacy for himself and Spurs.

It just doesn't happen overnight - we've had glimpses where it's worked and periods where it's been a disaster.

We get another marquee manager and it'll just be rinse and repeat in 18 months time as we'll never be more than a paycheck for them. All this talk of people wanting Nagelsmann or Tuchel is just utter horseshit for this club as it will be Conte/Mourhino all over again
It is the crux.

Even the die hard evAngelists know something is awry. The question is should Ange be the one trusted with the rebuild we badly need. This is where opinions vary. I’m not sure where I am on it really.

Don’t think that is down to levy anymore? We Munn, Lange, paratici and co all working on transfers. Although I’m not sure what Munn actually does!

My point wasn't about Levy

Ange doesn't give a name of a player he wants to be signed and Paratici, Munn or Lange, or whoever go and sign that player

Ange gives them a profile of a player/position he requires and they come back with a list of players and Ange chooses who he wants to sign

Or refuses them all, as he apparently has final say

Lol@Comparisons to Cloughie, do people actually follow the maniacs who Tweet this utter fucking shite?

Edit. It's some fucking Aussie randomer with no clue...another Antipodean cultist.
Clough’s teams were pretty defense based, a lot of emphasis on solid defense and GKs. Just betrays a basic lack of football knowledge, Ange’s approach and principles are very different.

You're right in some respect with your appraisal of serial winning managers who failed working for us. And you are right that they would probably fail again.

The issue that keeps getting brushed under the carpet is why?

We have the money and the resources so why do you think these managers are determined to win at every other club that employs them, but lose that determination when Levy employs them?

When the answer to this us properly addressed, then maybe we finally end our never ending cycle of failure. Not by falling back on some unproven journeyman in the blind hope he can achieve some kind of long term miracle.

Back
Top Bottom