Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course the coaches are better in the EPL than the A-League, but so are the players.

Guardiola along with Anceloti are probably the two best coaches in the World, but they also coach the two best player rosters in the world.

A fair comparison of one coach with another coach is one done on a like for like, in the same league but also with the quality of players they have. No-one could seriously say Spurs playing squad currently matches City or Real Madrid's squads.

Brisbane and Yokohama were not in the top 3 clubs in their leagues when he took over. Nevertheless, it took him a season but he won trophies and changed the club culture on the way.

Celtic was a toxic place when he arrived. Nevertheless, it is still Celtic, they are perenially first or second and have the biggest budget. So when given that environment what happened- he won 2 out 3 trophies in his first season and 3 out of 3 in the next.

I believe his IS a good manager, but the question has always been given the leagues he has coached "How good?" When given the cattle, how far can he go? He has not got the cattle to vie for top 3 this season, so the answers are still up in the air.

It is concerning -and he said this- the team should be finishing the season better than it started it, but in fact its not. That's not what has happened elsewhere he has managed. Has he "been worked out", is something not gelling with the players? We're all guessing at this stage.

Barring a catastrophic end to this season-which is possible with the fixtures to come - he should get another season
Barring a catastrophic end to this season-which is possible with the fixtures to come - he should get another season………..“he should get another season” WTF he should get to see out his contract at least, the very least the last two seasons the dross that was being served up was horrendous watching Tottenham was a chore it shouldn’t be like that watching any team should be enjoyable it’s ENTERTAINMENT or meant to be …..yes a few games this season laterally has been ropey that would be my criticism of Ange he’s to adjust to the opposition solid block defending and we struggle he gets that sorted he’s doing grand.

Not at all just you, i'd also apply it to people that think everything is going blindingly well. Said before i think its pretty dissapointing not getting 4th given our lack of fixtures and the way the season has panned out and i have concerns about our play over the last few months but probably nothing a win or 2 against decent sides in the next few games wouldnt allay.

I'm sitting on the fence at the moment, its his first season, first manager in 10 years that couldnt use Kane as his get out and a big turnover of players. It has a similar feel to Pochs first season or the periods when Jol and Redknapp took over. Inconsistant and needing better players. But i think we'll only really know more in October/November.
I like the fence. I thin right now, that's where I'm sat.
Still haven't renewed my season ticket.

Pep was not top class before he got given a top Job at barca.

But yeah, all you've done is shown that managers can succeed regardless of where they have come from and who they have cut their cloth against.
What I was trying to show is that there's not many successful PL managers.
And the ones that did succeed are either from an era no longer relevant, or had actually done something significant in a top 5 European League before they came.

Who said he should be sacked? All I've seen is a few posters being critical of recent performances and maybe questioning the perceived magnitude of his past achievements.
Why is this such an issue for so many of you?
There are heaps of people on social media who want him gone because they think he’s been found out. Like the fans the punditry is split between those who still believe in the bigger picture and those who fret from game to game. Yes the season is over and it’s now a salvage job with what remains of the games but as Ange has said, they’re already working on the list for next season and like before the January window, he’s started agitating for early transfers.

Barring a catastrophic end to this season-which is possible with the fixtures to come - he should get another season………..“he should get another season” WTF he should get to see out his contract at least, the very least the last two seasons the dross that was being served up was horrendous watching Tottenham was a chore it shouldn’t be like that watching any team should be enjoyable it’s ENTERTAINMENT or meant to be …..yes a few games this season laterally has been ropey that would be my criticism of Ange he’s to adjust to the opposition solid block defending and we struggle he gets that sorted he’s doing grand.

I can genuinely see us lose 4 of our 6 games.

I've no doubt this comment will garner a reply of "we didn't lose to Liverpool, Woolwich or City and had 9 men against Chelsea"

All of those games were before the new year.
Liverpool had 9 men. We never win at Anfield.
City game was good. But they pummeled us in the FA Cup. The score was flattering. That was their hoodoo overturned.
Woolwich have a title to play for.
Chelsea seem to have clicked and wins at the bridge are rare.

Just leaves Burnley and Sheff United. If we're absolutely deflated from the other games, even those could go badly.

Imagine it.

There are heaps of people on social media who want him gone because they think he’s been found out. Like the fans the punditry is split between those who still believe in the bigger picture and those who fret from game to game. Yes the season is over and it’s now a salvage job with what remains of the games but as Ange has said, they’re already working on the list for next season and like before the January window, he’s started agitating for early transfers.
I think the main problem is other fans and other clubs think he has been found out. An example of that is when teams started fouling our goalkeeper because people thought the goalkeeper was weak on set pieces. Whether he was weak or not is almost irrelevant if you target that area with belief and get away with it. There will be ups and downs with any manager. Arteta, Pep and Klopp were given time and good recruitment to overtake the teams in front of them, but they were not entirely convincing when they were behind us.

I think those people are bots
Not all of them. There also podsters already turning on him FWIW.

But you know what, he’s not the messiah. Maybe this is a job that’s too big for him but give him a fair crack of the whip. He’ll likely finish the season the fifth, barring calamity, and go into summer preparing his list for Europe.

Not all of them. There also podsters already turning on him FWIW.

But you know what, he’s not the messiah. Maybe this is a job that’s too big for him but give him a fair crack of the whip. He’ll likely finish the season the fifth, barring calamity, and go into summer preparing his list for Europe.

They're not real people, I don't think those people's opinions are worthy of even discussing, can't be any grown adults who want him sacked already surely?

Pointless changing the manager now, what are we gonna do keep chopping and changing the manager just because we're not in good form of suffer an adverse defeat, this fanbase is funny man.

They're not real people, I don't think those people's opinions are worthy of even discussing, can't be any grown adults who want him sacked already surely?

Pointless changing the manager now, what are we gonna do keep chopping and changing the manager just because we're not in good form of suffer an adverse defeat, this fanbase is funny man.

Changing our manager every season isn't going to get us anywhere near winning trophies.

I think the main problem is other fans and other clubs think he has been found out. An example of that is when teams started fouling our goalkeeper because people thought the goalkeeper was weak on set pieces. Whether he was weak or not is almost irrelevant if you target that area with belief and get away with it. There will be ups and downs with any manager. Arteta, Pep and Klopp were given time and good recruitment to overtake the teams in front of them, but they were not entirely convincing when they were behind us.

That plays into his hands if the opposition think he’s been found out.

There is still a lot of the list to turn over too. Like he’s said all along, his second year is when things start to really click.

To be honest, they're the people who weren't happy with the appointment in the first place (remember that whole "NoToAnge" hashtag) and were waiting for the smallest nail to hammer him with whilst watching those first 10 games through gritted teeth.

They were never going to be happy regardless. We could be 2nd now and they'll be wondering why we weren't 1st.

What I was trying to show is that there's not many successful PL managers.
And the ones that did succeed are either from an era no longer relevant, or had actually done something significant in a top 5 European League before they came.

Disagree they are not relevant personally but I hear your point.

The next few games are gonna be interesting. Especially Arse as they tend to play it on the ground. I wouldn't be surprised to see longer balls over the top played more often in this game than they have all season.

Yea it’s daft wanting him out after one season. Even if his job was purely just results on the pitch, you’d at least let him have another window to patch up some of the holes in his system.

But it’s not just been about results on the pitch. He’s had to effect cultural change too, after coming into a club that was demoralised, with fans jaded, cynical and traumatised. He got Levy to sign players early in the January window. He’s changing the way the club thinks about success. It’s not going to be about the CL in the short term. He’s bringing in players that are teenagers and in their early 20s. He’s preparing things for the future. Sack him now for what? For another manager to come in and start all over again. Hold your fucking nerve you weak cunts.
👏👏👏👏

Yes he is proving himself but I'm not having this nonsense that other coaches in lesser league are equal to Premier League managers.
But why is that hard to understand? The game is the game. Guys managing and coaching at lower levels still know the game. It’s getting the opportunity that is the hard bit. We bring in loads of foreign coaches where there is plenty here that have great ideas and have to get that break. Is Nuno better than say Kieran McKenna or Russell Martin to name just two just because he’s foreign?

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who wants Ange out now isn't a spurs fan because they clearly want to do harm to our club. Not up for debate either.
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Back
Top Bottom