Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Weird subs. Son was poor, Maddison looked dangerous.

I love Son as captain but I hate keeping him on the pitch just because when he is clearly underperforming.
And subbed him out immediately after he scored. Bugs me.

But I'm more angry the fact Werner didn't go off earlier, Hojbjerg, Richy and Lo Celso didn't come on earlier. More trust needs to be given to them because clearly Biss, Bentancur and Werner were struggling beginning of second half. Such a shame of game management.

Fucking shite again

57 points after 30 matches

Just 4 more than this stage last season

Conte/Stellini :devil incarnate, deserves to be locked in the stocks and pelted with rancid tomatoes

Ange : God, can get women pregnant with a stare and the word mate , must not be questioned under any circumstances

4 points difference , and we had Eric dier at the back last season

In the words of the great Shadydan Shadydan

"Make it make sense"

So you're saying he has 4 more points after his first 30 games in English football than world class serial winner / premier league winner Conte:ledley:

No manager is going to trust Richarlison, Werner etc to score a winner over Son. Rightly so.

Maybe if we had not gifted West Ham a goal and moved the ball like slugs for most of the match, Son would have had more chances to score.

Even Man City struggle to create chances against a parked bus, it’s not easy. We need to get much better at managing games and stop the gaffes, because giving the opponent cheap goals means they can sit deep and make it impossible for Son to run with the ball or receive the ball in space.
Well according to you it sounds like you know best about all football managers. That’s great.

Hoping the ball will fall to a tired LW Son deep late and he will score it is not an optimal strategy to me.

Well according to you it sounds like you know best about all football managers. That’s great.

Hoping the ball will fall to a tired LW Son deep late and he will score it is not an optimal strategy to me.
Agree. It's this mentality that reinforces our reliance on Sonny to produce a moment of magic, rather than addressing the more obvious issues on the pitch during the game.

A tired Son won us the last game, so yeah.

The optimal strategy would be to get the game wrapped up long before the end but we aren’t good enough to do that.

If we don't get him proper technical players (in depth),, then we won't be winning anything.

They need to be very careful with the next window.

I think it will take another two summer windows before we're a proper concern.

His system , in the prem, is not gonna function as it has elsewhere, without tha, imo.
If ever there was a time to buy a premium winger for the club, that time is now. Everything we do would look wonders better with better quality wingers. LW is first priority and RW a close second. Johnson, Werner and Kulu can all stay to provide depth behind any incoming talent.

With Gio determined to leave in the summer, Kulu can pick up a good chunk of minutes backing up at CAM too.

LWB/RWB attacking type options would be good too. After Udogie and Porro our threat there drops off considerably.

Last edited:
If ever there was a time to buy a premium winger for the club, that time is now. Everything we do would look wonders better with better quality wingers. LW is first priority and RW a close second. Johnson, Werner and Kulu can all stay to provide depth behind any incoming talent.

With Gio determined to leave in the summer, Kulu can pick up a good chunk of minutes backing up at CAM too.

LWB/RWB attacking type options would be good too. After Udogie and Porto our threat there drops off considerably.
I'd argue that striker is a higher priority than RW. Not sold on Werner and I'd be sending Deki out (either on loan or permanently) to bring an academy player in.

Fucking shite again

Conte/Stellini :devil incarnate, deserves to be locked in the stocks and pelted with rancid tomatoes

Ange : God, can get women pregnant with a stare and the word mate , must not be questioned under any circumstances

"Make it make sense"
Do you think the negative of Eric Dier outweighs the positive of Harry Kane? Think about that with some Enya playing in the background and come back to us

Fucking shite again

"Make it make sense"

Muppet

Son got the winner last game in the 86th minute, if we are chasing the game he is always going to stay out there.

If that Udogie chance at the end had fallen to Son, he scores and we win the game.

I can stomach leaving Son on for that reason, but taking both Maddison & Bentancur off at the same time was a killer......... In one fell swoop we lost our on-ball creativity and injected no extra attacking impetus (which is what we needed).

Then we got PEH ahead of GLC and only 10 mins for Richy to get involved and throw their CBs off their game.

A tired Son won us the last game, so yeah.

The optimal strategy would be to get the game wrapped up long before the end but we aren’t good enough to do that.

It sure would.... Why didn't we? .....Because a number of players including Son were playing poorly.

Thinking that Son <> Rich would have brought about a change of impetus is not some big sin (nor is it doomed to fail)........

.....But expecting Rich to do much once you've subbed most of the creativity out of the team probably isn't going to work.

With almost everyone (of note) fit, I'm not getting why we don't look anything like the first ten games of the season.

For all this talk of "being found out", we aren't being anywhere near as decisive or as attacking as those games. We have a lot of possession. We play a high line. But it was mesmerising for those games.

This is shit. The style of football between then and now is night and day. (Other than Villa, who imploded after having McGinn sent off)

Back
Top Bottom