Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly this is it, along with his little performative pointing to his head at the fans the other week, just get your head down and get on with your job rather than posturing all the time.
POINT TO FANS...
POINT TO HEAD...
POINT TO HEART...
POINT TO FANS (again)...
THUMBS UP AND LEAVE...

It was all a bit David Brent/Sean Dyche wasn't it?

...someone get my guitar!
1469695182-ricky-gervais-david-brent-dance.gif

Last edited:

Fuck me, never thought the day would come where I said that cunt was spot on. lol

And what he said about chelscum wanting to beat us and then lose to Leicester to stop us winning the league that season, reminded me of the games we should have won to make that irrelevant.

Just as scum should have taken more points off villa and fulham to not have to win-beg from us!

Fuck me, never thought the day would come where I said that cunt was spot on. lol

And what he said about chelscum wanting to beat us and then lose to Leicester to stop us winning the league that season, reminded me of the games we should have won to make that irrelevant.

Just as scum should have taken more points off villa and fulham to not have to win-beg from us!
yea hes a little cunt but he gets football.

Ange really starting to make me hate him. His pressers are brutal. Why's he digging out our lack of silverware as if it has something to do with tomorrow? Does he think we can win a cup tomorrow?

Also, Ange, ye stuck out a wank team in the league cup to Fulham then go on about us not winning cups.

I'm not a fan of Rodgers but if Celtic offered a straight swap tomorrow, I'd bite their hand off.

Ange really starting to make me hate him. His pressers are brutal. Why's he digging out our lack of silverware as if it has something to do with tomorrow? Does he think we can win a cup tomorrow?

Also, Ange, ye stuck out a wank team in the league cup to Fulham then go on about us not winning cups.

I'm not a fan of Rodgers but if Celtic offered a straight swap tomorrow, I'd bite their hand off.
Ange should feel honoured to manage a club as big as us, talking about our lack of silverware in the manner he did was again, disrespectful imo.

It wasn't a simple "Look, I want to bring silverware to the club, it's been too long for a club of this size to not be winning silverware"

Instead it was in a mocking tone towards the press who had a good laugh with him about it, his entire tone today was just wrong tbh, has massively put me off him tbh.

I don't want to be reactionary but his attitude today was enough to make me wonder why we should even bother giving him a chance to stay at this club when he clearly doesn't respect it.

instead of saying hes not fussed about how the fans feel. he should of apologised to the fans for being in such a shit situation where they actually want their own team to lose to prevent the season from being such a miserable one!

maybe then assure the fans that you're going to do your very best (even tho that may not be much) to make sure the club are going to be playing to win actual silverware at the end of next season.....maybe if he actually said the right things (even if he doesnt believe them) he would of gained a bit of credit from his doubters. instead hes added a hefty number to the list who already think hes not up to it.

if we dont convincingly brush aside a dog shit sheff united then the doubt will be intensifying. 5-6 games into next season hell either A: be gone B: be signs that the end is near, or C: hell have somehow turned it around. i cant see it being C unless something drastic happens.

80/1 he is to be next manager sacked..tasty odds. will probably drop to 30s if sheff united is like burnley.

Nice post.

I agree with your first point of never changing how we play but I have to differ with the conclusion you arrive at.

If he'd shown any willingness or ability to change things at several points when the situation demanded it then I'd have more confidence in him being able to turn it around but several opportunities have come and gone and he's stuck to the same way of playing and it has cost the team when it was obvious that change was needed.

I could be wrong and maybe his stubbornness is all part of a master plan and it pays off in which case I'd be happily wrong and become his No 1 defender, even better than you ; ), but I do not see it for the reasons outlined above, if you ain't got the oil money to buy the best of the best then being able to adapt to get the most out of what you get given is the name of the game and he's not shown anywhere near enough.

"What I do see is a together squad,a better atmosphere about the club and better atmosphere at the games. Ange has done that."

Unless you're in that environment you can't have any confidence in the first 2 assertions, we can only see curated videos from training and what the team delivers on the pitch and it doesn't look like everyone is together as acknowledged by the manager himself.

Ange should feel honoured to manage a club as big as us, talking about our lack of silverware in the manner he did was again, disrespectful imo.

It wasn't a simple "Look, I want to bring silverware to the club, it's been too long for a club of this size to not be winning silverware"

Instead it was in a mocking tone towards the press who had a good laugh with him about it, his entire tone today was just wrong tbh, has massively put me off him tbh.

I don't want to be reactionary but his attitude today was enough to make me wonder why we should even bother giving him a chance to stay at this club when he clearly doesn't respect it.
Reminds me of something my parents told us when I was a kid. "You don't have to say everything that comes into your mind." Goes for football coaches as well.

It's also the hypocrisy he showed in the presser today, on one hand he said he grew up "hating rival teams to the core of his being" but then goes on to say but he only cares about his team winning.

If he understood what it truly means to "hate rival teams to the core of his being" then he should probably take the time to understand why Spurs supporters don't want to hand those cunts the title on a plate.

His comments today towards the supporters and fanbase were disrespectful imo and I haven't just watched clips of what he has said, I watched the entire presser and he came across as a very unlikeable arrogant tosser quite frankly.

I said the other day in the poll about Ange out or Ange in that I want him to have time to fix the issues we have so I said "in" and I can stomach not liking him personally if we are getting results, I wasn't a massive fan of Conte either but that man has the resume to back his arrogance up at least.

But one thing I won't stomach is him actively taking the piss out of supporters by saying he "doesn't care what they think" and he "isn't fussed by it" because of the repercussions of the scum winning it.

Also making delusional comments like when he said "My role is to bring success to this football club and I know 100% of Spurs supporters want us to win a trophy and us winning tomorrow night will help us, y'know, bring joy to 100% of spurs supporters"

The bolded makes zero sense and is clearly absolutely untrue and winning that game tomorrow night gets us nowhere nearer to a trophy.

Sorry Ange but you're 100% wrong "mate"
Dry your eyes mate. You feel disrespected by his presser? What the fuck is wrong with some of you lot?

Everything he said is right. He should be saying he’s only interested in the team he’s managing.

When he said "hating rival teams to the core of his being" is when he was a player. He wants to win.

Fuck me,imagine we had a manager that “I liked every player and team I played against and don’t mind losing”
Imagine he said shit like that as a manager. You wouldn’t be long on jumping on him.

The poor fucker can’t win with the likes of you.
Do you think Pep or Klopp would be any different?

Wow🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Complaining about brutal pressers and offering up Brenda as a substitute :ange-facepalm2:

One of the least charismatic people in football, and as stroppy + stubborn as managers come.

Back
Top Bottom