Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There were boos at half time on Sunday - and people near me tried the Levy out chants. We need to suck it up knowing it’s a beginning but it’s hard watching at times.
It's not the beginning though is it. Not really. It's just the latest chapter in a 24 year cycle of failure.
Good news that there's signs of Levy out starting up again though. Thanks for sharing that info.. 👍. That's our best hope for the future. That really WOULD be a new beginning

Last edited:
It's not the beginning though is it. Not really. It's just the latest chapter in a 24 year cycle of failure.
Good news that there's signs of Levy out starting up again though. Thanks for sharing that info.. 👍. That's our best hope for the future

Fuck Sky Sports

Howard Webbs a cunt

If we are rightly giving Levy stick, I’d love to hear the whole stadium belting those 2 out as well

If we don’t pick up another point both can catch us. Now obviously I hope that doesn’t happen but that is the situation nonetheless
I'll check the league table now and see if you're right.

Yes, you are.

If it were to happen though, it would surely be the worst end of season collapse in this football clubs history.

Edit. Chelsea could also still mathematically catch us. We need 4 points to eliminate them. Unless we beat them Thursday night.

Last edited:
If the same issues haven’t been addressed relatively soon though a bit late perhaps for this season, but certainly not for next and together with a summer and winter transfer widows that would be 18months in charge there should be a considerable change in terms of consistency and style of play of which the opposition in general struggle to contend with……..but if not and we’re still discussing the same issues then and only then we should be questioning his position as head coach.

Kind of feels like Ange has thrown the team in the deep end and is even putting his foot on the heads of a few who look like they're struggling, there's definitely some scar tissue forming, call it blind faith but I think it's a genuine attempt to form something that can hold up and step up in the future. Romero and vdV were heroic from start to finish and even though they were under the pump 3-0 down they kept at it, they set a tone that some others can and need to follow!
Why are they having to be heroic when we are meant to be an attacking team on the front foot? Normally heroic is a term you use for a lower league team or a real underdog putting in a good fight. In fact how many games this season have the goalie or VDV been motm? It doesn’t sit right that for a so called front foot all out attacking team our defenders are often motm.

thats the end game though. surely when you come into a club you find whats best for what you have, to get optimal performance from what you got. you dont have emerson royal playing RWB and is your main man on the ball in the final third!! thats not going to work is it.

also look at the signings hes got in...werner, johnson??? they are counter attacking forwards, they dont work against sides that are happy to be pinned in because they dont have the guile to break down a side like that....makes no sense.
100%

Johnson looks like scoring or assisting with every chance he gets. Still young. I don’t get the hate
hate? who hates him? he is what he is. he would of been an asset for conte... but even then the inferior sides worked out that if they sit in we dont have the quality to break them down unless kane produces a moment of magic.

these quick forwards that lack the elite sharpness of someone like a vini jnr are mid table players. the top sides naturally pin in their opposition...you need proper footballers to break through that, not players who can run quick.

johnson would cause US problems....a side happy to sit back and soak it up hes a cakewalk. thats why prime gareth bale would go for world record fees...deadly on the counter AND has the ability to destroy a wall.

you wanna pin a side in you need technicians. bernado, grealish, foden... none of them are rapid.

Last edited:
Not wanting to be contrary, but I find it a bit frustrating, even when we win.

Before anyone gets ideas, I absolutely do not want him going anywhere. I like him and I want to see us support him with players that fit his system. I hope he’s here for many years and brings us success.

But I do worry about the abstract noun guff. The ‘this is who we are’ cobblers. That stuff can work when you have much, much better players than every other team. It can help a successful side that is low on confidence.

But I don’t think we’re especially low on confidence though. We just have far too many middling players. Telling someone to believe in themself isn’t going to make them technically better or teach them how to cross.

It's just media training kicking in. I think pretty much anything he says to the media isn't worth relying on.

What goes on behind the scenes would make Neil Warnock blush.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbWNrzMS6cA

Good point about defending overlaps, there was a point in the 2nd half where Saka had a volley and Vic saved it (think it may have been offside anyway) but we let Tomiyasu I believe just run on the overlap so easily and cross the ball, was pretty alarming TBH.
I mean most teams play with a normal back 4 and still play attacking football. Why do our FBs have to disappear up the oppos arse no where to be found. Even BM and RM tonight played with FBs which give either the CBs and goalie an out ball.

I do not like you, and you do not like me.

However you're spot on here.
Tbh only the first 10 games where we got 26 points. Some of which were lucky but we got them. Since in the next 23 games we have got just 34 points. So after 10 games less than a third of the games can’t really say we got into CL pos by then although having been there abd now blown it!

Back
Top Bottom