Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great idea Put Son as CF he likes being marked and bished & brashed about
What a manager
tell Davis to push forward another great idea , Davis hasn't got the speed to get back againsy saka, great idea ange

Today was the one he had to stamp in a performance for the fans to back him. Failed miserably. Same mistakes we've seen all season. Especially defensively at set pieces.

Most important game of the season and we're 3 down at half time. There's no way back for him if we lose today.

It was exciting in the first few months. But that early season feel good factor is long gone. It's poor football whilst being totally exposed defensively.

the specific taste of someone who doesnt know what hes doing? hes made it obvious now hes not cut out for top level football. we aint playing scottish pub sides every week.
👇
Nothing about Ange persistently insisting he'll never do that, indicates that he will ever do that.

Levy gives him the quality technical players he needs for his system to thrive IN THE PREM, or it all fails and he'll be off.

And Shinehead wins again (another rEbUiLd which takes time, patience, no trophies....)

It always comes down to #baldcunt.

Every time.

He needs to get out of the way and let Ange, Lange and Don Fabio figure this out.

Just be there with the chequebook and a closed mouth.

I will say this about Ange, though: he must fully respect the prem as a unique challenge.

This is key.

He cannot just install his trusty machine here, wind it up and say- "go on, win things"

It needs very particular components for that to happen.

But, to be fair to everyone, it's his first season, and, let's be honest, we'd have all taken attacking football and EL at the end of it, after last season.

We've got Bergvall in the bag and a summer window to add more technical quality.

I think we should let Angeball play out.

Also think he needs this summer and next before the squad is solid.

I have lost all faith in him and his project, I don't think time will fix our problems unless he decides to suddenly learn how to completely change his entire management philosophy.

It's too naive for this league imo and I think he will be too stubborn to change the way he approaches the game in terms of coaching and tactics.

Honestly I felt more hopeful at the end of Conte's first season than I do at the end of this one.

Simply because I don't believe anything will change is the reason I think we should be moving on at the end of the season, if I had a glimmer of hope I would say give him a chance and let him build more but I have seen enough to believe it will only continue how it is or get worse.

We play good attacking football apparently. Seen it 2 or 3 times where we haven't passed up several glaring opportunities for the opposition to put us to the sword and we've actually played good attacking football. Take away the first 10 games where we actually rode our luck quite a bit and you'll probably find were about where we were under conte.

We play good attacking football apparently. Seen it 2 or 3 times where we haven't passed up several glaring opportunities for the opposition to put us to the sword and we've actually played good attacking football. Take away the first 10 games where we actually rode our luck quite a bit and you'll probably find were about where we were under conte.
Since the first ten, we're worse than Conte. A lot worse.

And we have a better squad now.

When he came in we and the players liked his easy going Aussie way of talk......but after 6 months comes the tactics and in game motivation of the players isn't there.
No leaders like Kane on the pitch aswell

Last edited:
Funny you mention those 2. The majority of fans on here call them dinosaurs and claim their tactics are outdated.

Yet almost every one of the defeats we've had have been inflicted on us by pretty much their tactics.
Sit deep, defend well, hit very accurate counters and take your chances.

Wolves, west ham, Chelsea, Arse, Newcastle, Fulham, Villa, etc. They have all done it and for the most part, made it look easy.

I hope all the fanbois fuck off now. They've got absolutely nothing left to defend him.
I have watched Ange for my national team and he did well with frankly average players. Celtic is a farmers league where they're the biggest fish in the pond.

We won't get the calibre of players needed to make this style work, and he won't change his style.
So I think next season could be quite toxic. Can see Poch's project going past us.

No idea what the right solution is. Maybe he needs to be given blind faith or maybe he's not the right man. What I do know is that a proper club would start gently flirting with Amorim's agent in the background. You know "if the job was to be available could he see himself being interested", that sort of thing. Just as a just in case.

He'll ultimately take us down.

The players won't like getting twatted all the time and will stop playing for him until he's sacked.

Tbh, if it wasn't so close to the end of the season, I reckon Levy would be getting a twitchy trigger finger now.
This is why Levy will always win: new manager > new hope > rebuild > needs time > fans don't give them time > win nothing > Levy makes gazillions > new manager > new hope...

#BalcuntWinsEveryTime

Back
Top Bottom