Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One minute he's saying the only constant is Daniel so he's at fault...the next he's blaming Ange...and then he's also longing for Conte (who Daniel hired).

The guy is all over the shop.
Nah..you've not been paying attention old boy.
I've been consistent throughout. I actually gave Daniel lots of praise for appointing Conte, as he was a great appointment, or at least would have been, had he been properly backed.

Of course, as you and I both know, he wasn't (just like all his predecessors), and we finished up employing the ageing, unproven journeyman managing us now!

You can accuse me of many things, matey, but inconsistency isn't one of them

:angehug:

Out of interest,though, who do you think is the only constant through 23 years, 16 managers and 1 carling cup, and 0 trophies in 16 years?

:sonhmm:

Last edited:
I've been consistent throughout. I actually gave Daniel lots of praise for appointing Conte, as he was a great appointment, or at least would have been, had he been properly backed.

Of course, as you and I both know, he wasn't (just like all his predecessors), and we finished up employing the ageing, unproven journeyman managing us now!

Out of interest,though, who do you think is the only constant through 23 years, 16 managers and 1 carling cup, and 0 trophies in 16 years?

Mad that you think Conte was a better appointment than Ange

completely mental.

With hindsight he wasn't. His first season was better than Ange's first season though.

Conte’s history was clear. Great manager but very short term and you need the team ready. If we wanted to capitalise on Conte we needed to spend £300-400m in the window to get a title ready squad straight away. We didn’t and thus it blew up in our faces probably a season quicker than normal for Conte.

Very talented but clearly a poor fit.

Conte’s history was clear. Great manager but very short term and you need the team ready. If we wanted to capitalise on Conte we needed to spend £300-400m in the window to get a title ready squad straight away. We didn’t and thus it blew up in our faces probably a season quicker than normal for Conte.

Conte also leaves a disaster in his wake everywhere he's been.

old squad, burned out and needing a rebuild. Toxic atmosphere in the dressing room every time.

I see the computer room is free at Broadmoor again!

Some hot takes on here this morning………..

200w.gif

So Conte wasn't a great appointment then o_O

So Conte wasn't a great appointment then o_O
Of course he wasn't. Long term. Because he wasn't backed. Like those before him weren't backed. But he could have been if Levy shared his desire and passion to win.

But he's a more proven manager at the highest level than Ange Postecoglou. Even you would admit to that judging by your views on here recently. And if old Postie had been appointed when Conte was, there's no way on this earth we would have overturned Woolwich for that Champions league spot following Nuno-gate.

Did you think Conte was a great appointment? How about Jose? .or Nuno?

Because I don't recall you aiming a single word of criticism at Levy when any of those appointments were made

Last edited:

Great post. As you say, very talented.

What's strange though is the loudest voices on here abusing and criticising Conte are generally the same voices forever supporting and defending Levy!!

Yet who was the man responsible for appointing this...errr..monster . . 😆

I think, deep down, they're all still smarting and butt hurt from the way Conte called out the culture of losing and weak mentality installed in the the club by Levy himself. Levy was exposed more than ever before and they just can't deal with it.

Last edited:
They kept winning titles.
Funnily enough, Conte’s the last manager to have won Chelsea a league title.
That's a great point. Didn’t realise that.

One thing that gets brushed under the carpet too much is Conte and Mourinho both having records of winning at every single club they've ever managed.......Until they work for Daniel Levy!!!! . Then their run ends. 🤷‍♂️

And if it's because they're not suited to the....ahemm''.. 'ENIC Model" ....Why did he appoint them?

Maybe one day Levy's supporters will finally face up to the conversation.

Last edited:
Of course he wasn't. Long term. Because he wasn't backed. Like those before him weren't backed. But he could have been if Levy shared his desire and passion to win.

But he's a more proven manager at the highest level than Ange Postecoglou. Even you would admit to that judging by your views on here recently. And if old Postie had been appointed when Conte was, there's no way on this earth we would have overturned Woolwich for that Champions league spot following Nuno-gate.

Did you think Conte was a great appointment? How about Jose? .or Nuno?

Because I don't recall you aiming a single word of criticism at Levy when any of those appointments were made

You're all over the place, so Conte was a good appointment even though you knew he wouldn't get backed, but then he wasn't long term, eh?

So who in your mind would actually be a good appointment for this club then?

You're all over the place, so Conte was a good appointment even though you knew he wouldn't get backed, but then he wasn't long term, eh?

So who in your mind would actually be a good appointment for this club then?
Did you think Conte was a good appointment? What about Nuno? What about Mourinho?
Why are you dodging a perfectly reasonable question 🙋
And while we're at it, why do you think Levy is incapable of finding a manager who wins something with us? Even those who win everywhere else

Conte would / could have been a great appointment for our club if Levy had shared his desire and passion for winning. I'm not sure what part of that you're struggling to understand tbh

Like I said, I think you're still smarting from Conte calling Levy out as a loser. It hit a raw nerve. I understand

Last edited:
With hindsight he wasn't. His first season was better than Ange's first season though.
Conte didn't have to rebuild an entire squad without its best ever striker though. From last season to this one only the midfield, Romero, Kulusevski and Son remain.

I have no idea if Postecoglou will do well with us or not but i find this pining for Mourinho and Conte seriously odd.

They had a decent 3 months between them in roughly a combined 3 years. We were never going to give them what they wanted, they were never going to stick around long. The whole thing was a boring waste of time and just highlighted the boards lack of any sort of vision beyond being a pound shop Chelsea.

Oh and both had our greatest ever strike force in their prime and pissed it away.

1 point from 12 against West Ham and Wolves this season is absolutely shocking.

You can argue all you like about this season being better than expected, but it's undeniable that it also could have been better.

That's 11 "easy" points right there, take them and we're 3 points off Liverpool with 2 games in hand, or just 6 points off top.
Cult of Ange will hound you down with pitch forks for suggesting this season, a season of 41 games, is anything other than the best season ever.

Back
Top Bottom