Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
He seems to be doing well on 'the circuit' earning money from video game promotions, punditry, red carpets and all of the vapid shit their handlers book for them.

I'm not going to hold my breath that the new contract is going to repay the team long term. I'd love to be proven wrong but every time I see that train wreck that is his contact with the ball/follow through/spinning out of control and shanked balance I just can't see it.

Gotta trust ole Gibbsy.

Unfortunately.

Only a slimy goon wank-stain of a mong would crow and take pleasure in Spurs players not doing well

Not doing well? He looked pretty happy. I said he's doing well on the circuit. He signed a fat contract in a Oct, he's banging a reality tv show bimbo. He's doing very well.

If I say he's being distracted by the circuit, then weeks later he's jumping up and down on tv in a giant orange suit....

You can't write this shit.

Not doing well? He looked pretty happy. I said he's doing well on the circuit. He signed a fat contract in a Oct, he's banging a reality tv show bimbo. He's doing very well.

If I say he's being distracted by the circuit, then weeks later he's jumping up and down on tv in a giant orange suit....

You can't write this shit.
Fat contract? £15,000 a week is nothing in modern day football. Reality TV Show bimbo? Well frankly I don't know anything about that and I couldn't care less, it's his life after all. As for doing this being a distraction?! Because he's a footballer is he not allowed to have his evenings free to do his own thing? Does he have to be on the training pitch 24/7?

I personally found it hilarious and I really cannot believe this can legitimately be used against him in any way...

Fat contract? £15,000 a week is nothing in modern day football. Reality TV Show bimbo? Well frankly I don't know anything about that and I couldn't care less, it's his life after all. As for doing this being a distraction?! Because he's a footballer is he not allowed to have his evenings free to do his own thing? Does he have to be on the training pitch 24/7?

I personally found it hilarious and I really cannot believe this can legitimately be used against him in any way...

As soon as the England goal happened, he was doing press junkets, video game bullshit, red carpet crap etc. His game went down the toilet.

The same thing happened to so many English Spurs players. Take O Hara. He showed promise then before you know it he's a lame celebrity couple picking glass out of his dj slapper in the headlines.

Bentley also cared more about his press junket redbull wankery. Both O Hara and Bentley are not even pros anymore.

He needs to ignore the fame and trappings of it and become a real athlete and not some joke. Last year I heard he was working like a demon. He got his contract and since then all of his news has been on page 5 and not on the back pages.

Defoe, Lennon, Crouch, JJ, Hudd all wasted their talent and didn't take it serious enough.

I want to see him knuckling down again. I don't want him flying to Brazil to cover the World Cup for some dumb media bullshit when he's injured.

Last edited:
As soon as the England goal happened, he was doing press junkets, video game bullshit, red carpet crap etc. His game went down the toilet.

The same thing happened to so many English Spurs players. Take O Hara. He showed promise then before you know it he's a lame celebrity couple picking glass out of his dj slapper in the headlines.

Bentley also cared more about his press junket redbull wankery. Both O Hara and Bentley are not even pros anymore.

He needs to ignore the fame and trappings of it and become a real athlete and not some joke. Last year I heard he was working like a demon. He got his contract and since then all of his news has been on page 5 and not on the back pages.

Defoe, Lennon, Crouch, JJ, Hudd all wasted their talent and didn't take it serious enough.

I want to see him knuckling down again. I don't want him flying to Brazil to cover the World Cup for some dumb media bullshit when he's injured.
Over in Brazil he was in the gym for hours every day to try to keep up his fitness and like you said he was injured anyway so it wasn't like he'd be able to train with the team.

As for all the other things you mentioned Townsend has done none of them, so what if he does the very occasional interview or odd evening sports panel show? There's nothing to suggest he's slacking at all.

As for all the other things you mentioned Townsend has done none of them, so what if he does the very occasional interview or odd evening sports panel show? There's nothing to suggest he's slacking at all.

Wasn't he forced to train by the club in order to get the nod? As for the other stuff

Hazel O’Sullivan to get her own reality TV show - Irish Mirror Online

You know what ironic. He's injured AGAIN in that pic and he's launching a console. Id rather him stop fucking around. That link was a two for one, mentioned his bimbo and video game bs in one link. It's ironic that the pic was him doing a promo of something unrelated and not a sporting action football shot.

That was the trouble with having players like Defoe at the club for young players to look up to. This club is crying out for real leaders and players with better mentalities.

article-1221223-06E1DC2E000005DC-610_468x549-255x300.jpg

Last edited:
I once belonged to the group of Pro-Andros users, believing that he'll make it at Spurs, but even I get slowly but surely the impression that he might only have potential for a mid-table PL club and not more.

Today, he sometimes showed glimpses of good play, even one or two really nice passes, but in between many moments of disapproval. Really sad cause he's a quite sympathic British lad with Spurs in his heart but unfortunately not blessed with a football brain. Sad but true.

Agree with Quaresma, probably a move to a Villa, Sunderland or Southampton (that ship may have sailed though) would benefit him. And I agree with Gibbs131 as soon as he mentioned Bentley.

It's a common thing however, new/young player comes through, plays half a dozen good to great games, becomes the saviour and then goes missing.

Surely change would benefit the player and the team.

I think 7 games into the season, three of which he's played in is probably a bit early to be discounting the lad after being out for 6 months (numbers may vary). Poor tonight but did you see many other players sprinting with the ball, take that away from him and he's lost his main asset and the surface did that.

I honestly didn't think he was that bad tonight. We lacking in ideas all over our front 4 tonight and at least he offered something different to everyone else, even if it wasn't fantastically at times. Even Lamela and Soldado looked lost when they came on and weren't really able to produce anything.

I don't think he's amazing but he's a fantastic squad option. We have just two legitimate, actual academy players in the entire squad and it feels like half our fans can't wait to get rid of Andros and Harry Kane fast enough.

Then they'll all complain that none of the players show any loyalty.

I don't think he's amazing but he's a fantastic squad option. We have just two legitimate, actual academy players in the entire squad and it feels like half our fans can't wait to get rid of Andros and Harry Kane fast enough.

Then they'll all complain that none of the players show any loyalty.
I'd rather have lads like Kane and Townsend in the team all day.

When I was growing up and going to games with my old man, we used to go to the pub after a home game and have a drink with some of the players. Guys like Ian walker and teddy sheringham. I don't want a team of unrelatable imports, Because then I might as well just be playing Fifa.

Back
Top Bottom