Alfie Devine

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think this lad will do well at Port Vale. I like what I have seen of him in the youth games. Skillfull but can hold his own (can be a bit too fiesty?).

Still Tottenham's youngest ever goalscorer!
I can't remember who we were playing when I first saw him get a game for us but he immediately stood out to me. Unless he hasn't improved even more with time I don't see why shouldn't be getting a few games for us next season

I can't remember who we were playing when I first saw him get a game for us but he immediately stood out to me. Unless he hasn't improved even more with time I don't see why shouldn't be getting a few games for us next season

One of best England u20 players at World Cup in early summer.

Looked to be one of Spurs best players for first 45 mins v West Ham in pre-season, and has generally been one of the standout players in Spurs youth over last couple of years.

Delighted he's out on loan, u21's were not challenging for him last season.

View: https://twitter.com/Lilywhite_Rose/status/1695009857487659462?s=20

View: https://twitter.com/Lilywhite_Rose/status/1695011031892836408?s=20

View: https://twitter.com/Lilywhite_Rose/status/1695008012795068445?s=20

Not fully sure of loan club choice - they play more of a Conte style with a back 3, rather than an Ange attacking style But Port Vale only about 40 miles from where he grew up in Wigan, so living at 'home' might be a draw

League 1 is probably right for Devine as a first loan, should mean he gets decent game time, but wouldn't surprise me if he does well quickly that there are not enquiries from Championship clubs for the 2nd half of the season.

Flitcroft added: “Alfie has been on our radar for a long time due to our Head of Recruitment Tommy Johnson knowing him as a young prospect while he was developing at Wigan Athletic.

“We have closely monitored his progress and watched him perform at Tottenham and within the England set up to outstanding levels.

“He is one of our country’s brightest young talents. An outstanding player with an attacking mindset, he has the ability to create and score goals but also has a huge enthusiasm and desire to win the ball back.

“On top of Alfie strengthening the quality of our squad, we’re pleased to be adding him to our group of exciting loanees: Kofi Balmer, Josh Thomas, and Ollie Arblaster.

“We are proud as a club to be building a first-team environment that top clubs see as a place that will help in the growth and development of their top young prospects both as players and as people."

Lower level than I would have though. At his age with his pedigree he ought to boss it there. Perhaps that's what our developmental setup felt he needed.
If he does really well this side of Christmas then no doubt championship clubs will be asking for him (take it he can be recalled)

Back
Top Bottom