AFC Bournemouth VS Tottenham Hotspur. Saturday 26th August 2023. Vitality Stadium 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Expecting the team to be the same as yesterday unless Maddison has a bit of a knock in which case Gio LC comes in. otherwise unless we get Orban in early this week I suspect we go with Richy again. I'd like Sarr to start. Toss of a coin between Emerson and Porro.

Bournemouth pressed the shit out of Liverpool and caused them all sorts of problems early on. They also have good technically proficient players in Billing, Tyler Adams has come in, Traore looked very silky and the goal scorer Semenyo was a handful!

hopeful for a comfortable 0-2 win.

Vicario
Emerson
Romero
VDV
Udogie
Bissouma
Sarr
MaddisonGLC
Kulusevski
Son
Richarlison
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Emerson Romero VDV Udogie
Bissouma
Sarr Maddison/GLC
Kulusevski           Son
Richarlison
[/lineup]

A good friend of mine , who’s a B’mouth ST holder , has managed to get me a ticket for this , albeit in the home end . Same happened last season .

I managed to stay unnoticed until Bentancur hit the late winner , couldn’t keep it all in then so got a few strange looks but well worth it .

Hopefully my first taste of Angeball will be an exciting and winning one .

Can’t wait .

COYS

Bournemouth are a decent side. Play good football. Unlucky to draw the opener to West Ham and thought they were much better than the scoreline suggested against Liverpool too.

Absolutely hate lunch time kick offs. Not seen us turn up for one in years. A positive I do see going into this one is that Bournemouth don't strike me as a team who will sit back or counter like a Brentford so we'll certainly get our chances.

Three games coming up against softer opposition, think this is going to be a really important run for our front 3.

Pretty clear Son, Richy, and Kulusevski are all lacking a bit of confidence after last year, if they can bag a few goals I think it’d go a long way towards building confidence and propelling us forward.

Will be in London next weekend but won't be attending the game. Where's a good spot to watch the game and have a few pints?

win this and we go top for a couple hours at least.

would rest madders if hes not 100% . gio could do with some game time. big convincing win to go into these favourable games coming up with our tails up. 4-1

Will be in London next weekend but won't be attending the game. Where's a good spot to watch the game and have a few pints?

Depends where you'll be I guess..... You won't find anywhere better than somewhere local; but otherwise most central London pubs that show ball will be fairly neutral and and non-hostile.

Fuck the H&I borough though; that's just full of cunts obv.

I used to frequent The Hair in Bethal Green quite a lot which is fun as, although run by gooners, if you've a thick skin you can give it large in there without getting yourself battered.

This is easily our hardest game so far. First game always takes care of itself as we were buzzing for it and it was Ange’s first game. Utd on Saturday was an easy game for us to be at it. Bournemouth away is a great test for us and will tell us a lot about our mentality in this new style we are playing. I’ve no doubts the guys will be at at it and continue to improve and to get out of there with 3 points would be absolutely massive for us. I’d imagine it’ll be the same team or maybe royal for Porro. I think
we might see Porro play more at home and Royal away. I personally hope it’s the same team as they deserve to start the game after Saturday’s performance.

Porro was up and down, but definitely grew into the match. I'd still start with Royal and keep Porro on the bench to use either as RB or RW impact sub.

I'd expect Porro again, as we'll be hogging the ball against Bournemouth and we'd be better off with his crossing and shooting than Emerson's general defensive solidity.

Unless Bournemouth are really good on set pieces?

Big moment for Lo Celso if Maddison isn't up to it, showed glimpses in pre-season but needs to actually prove he's capable of starting. I'm sure Ange wouldn't be against playing both in some games.

Trust me,he’ll be fine. These guys get sent for scans for any knocks nowadays. Even if there’s cramp they check to see if there’s a tear. £500 for a scan. Better knowing if anything is there than training or playing through it. I bet you madders is fit for Bournemouth.

I bet it was from the passage of play that Romero should have got the penalty. He ended up hitting a shot at the same time the block tackle came in. Those are sore at the time but ease off while your adrenaline is still running them sore later once you stop. Few days out of training and back into it later in the week.

Back
Top Bottom