Adam Johnson Arrested

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:townhmm: Spell it out for me please mate.... That made no sense.
He's correct in the distinction between pedophilia vs. ephebophilia.

But he's not right in his broader statement about how we shouldn't be too quick to fault him because some girls look older, etc. Call me crazy, but I think sex with underage girls should be held to a stricter standard of scrutiny then ultimately "well he should have known better."

No, what he (allegedly) did is in flagrant violation of our societal customs. And different nations specifying a different age of consent doesn't make the custom arbitrary. Basically his entire post makes age of consent resemble some minor inconvenience.

Last edited:
Adam Johnson heat map
B_HYAg9W8AAR0t5.jpg

But he's not right in his broader statement about how we shouldn't be too quick to fault him because some girls look older, etc. Call me crazy, but I think sex with underage girls should be held to a stricter standard of scrutiny then ultimately "well he should have known better."

No, what he (allegedly) did is in flagrant violation of our societal customs. And different nations specifying a different age of consent doesn't make the custom arbitrary. Basically his entire post makes age of consent resemble some minor inconvenience.

Half your age plus 7. that's is the rule. You breach the rule and it gets removed.

I do have a little sympathy if he was in a club and it was a one off....if he knew.. STRING HIM UP

So where does this put that Ched Evans fella?

Doesn't really effect his situation imo - sex with a 15 year old isn't considered to be rape.

Not sure Johnson will really receive much more than a warning and maybe being added to a register for a while - provided he wasn't considered to be in an official position of trust, like a teacher for example.

Two reasonably attractive but very young looking girls working at my local grocery store are always wearing the tightest fucking pants and it's impossible for me not to ogle just a little bit. I'm always like:
Says the helmet who fantasises about the underage-looking girls in his local grocery store

:goonermong:

A minor cannot consent to sex, therefore any sex with a minor is rape.

It depends in this case what the CPS decides to do.

Under the Sexual Offences Act any child under 13 is unable to consent to sexual intercourse no matter what. It is always rape, there is no mistaken age defence and the maximum penalty is life imprisonment.

Children aged 13-15 can consent, but only in very strict conditions. If the accused has no prior history of sexual offences and can be judged to have honestly believed the victim was over 16 that can be used as a basis of defence, although it usually only applies if the age gap is small (i.e A 16 year old has sex with a 14 year old but believed they were 16). In these cases it will not be a child protection issue, and can be dealt with by police.

Since Johnson is in his 20s this would be more of a stretch for his legal team, but is his only defence angle since consent is impossible under 16 (except in the case of married foreign nationals where the law in their native country allows such contact.)

If the CPS decides it is an indictable offence then he will be fucked. The mistaken age defence is always flimsy and the penalty is up to 14 years and indefinite registration on the Sex Offenders Register.

Doesn't really effect his situation imo - sex with a 15 year old isn't considered to be rape.

Not sure Johnson will really receive much more than a warning and maybe being added to a register for a while - provided he wasn't considered to be in an official position of trust, like a teacher for example.
Wow, talk about a cultural divide. I had no idea.

It's statutory rape in the US. Would be registered as a sex offender for life and prison is likely. The courts are not very lenient on this matter.

In the Vatican it's fourteen

Does Sunderland have an Adam Johnson stand that feminists can burn down or boycott ?
Not true actually - it used to be 12, but it's now 18 (http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/vatican-city-raises-age-consent-12-18-following-scandals120713)

And I don't think any feminists would complain yet. The right thing's been done by suspending him pending investigation.
A minor cannot consent to sex, therefore any sex with a minor is rape.

Morally I agree with you, but that's not the legal standpoint in the UK. If the child is between 13-15, the offence is instead "Sexual activity with a child". The sentences are similar and it still involves lifetime registration on the sex offender's register if you're given a significant custodial sentence, but there are subtle differences. For instance, some countries refuse visas specifically to convicted rapists (which wouldn't include Johnson), and the maximum sentence is 14 years rather then life.

Wow, talk about a cultural divide. I had no idea.

It's statutory rape in the US. Would be registered as a sex offender for life and prison is likely. The courts are not very lenient on this matter.

It's really not that different, we don't call it rape legally but the punishment's similar and it's seen as such in the public eye for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom