A Man City fan’s view on Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A good read

I don't want Hugo to go and not sure about Zlatan coming here although he is one of the all time greats and I agree that Harry would learn a lot from him but would Poch want him in our squad?

On the other hand if he did come here it really put that 'shower' down the road in our shadow as it would be a huge statement of our intent.

The future is bright!

:levystare:

Good read. Nice to her the perspective of another fan.

Wouldn't want to see Lloris go but agree that Butkand has always been in my mind as a future replacement if he eventually does.

A real winner like Ibrah would be amazing to have but can't see him coming for the wages we pay plus despite his talent he is a bit of a primadonna and I'm not sure he fits the mould of a Poch type player.

I honestly hope and expect we'll go into next season with the same starting XI as we have now, with a few more up-and-coming squad players signed in the needed positions similar to what we got with Wimmer last summer - most importantly a forward.

A good read.

However, I still maintain, should Hugo leave there are two prime candidates to replace him, Cilessen at Ajax and Sommer at Moenchengladbach.

The article makes some interesting points.

However I think the only reason Hugo would join PSG would be if he really wants to live in France. They are so dominant in that league, there's no real kudos to be gained.

I also think that Zlatan would be a wrong move for us. It's most noticeable that we seem to have great team spirit, and I suspect bringing in someone who seems like a mercenary would affect that. The fact that he'd probably demand a salary as much as the rest of the team combined would also be a farce. Maybe the author should consider "would Pep want Zlatan at City"?

The article makes some interesting points.

However I think the only reason Hugo would join PSG would be if he really wants to live in France. They are so dominant in that league, there's no real kudos to be gained.

I also think that Zlatan would be a wrong move for us. It's most noticeable that we seem to have great team spirit, and I suspect bringing in someone who seems like a mercenary would affect that. The fact that he'd probably demand a salary as much as the rest of the team combined would also be a farce. Maybe the author should consider "would Pep want Zlatan at City"?

From what I've read Hugo and his wife are very happy living in London
:llorishuh:

Back
Top Bottom