A dose of reality

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Christ you're predictable
I know. Ends up on the cross every time!

Schmood starts on people who are negative or doubted us again!
wow! shock horror! so unpredictable & unexpected!!!!
what will he do next time this happens??!!
Oh & so does mick cooper! so interesting & unexpected.
Very selective sammy. Glad you can somehow find them unpredictable despite the same posts every time.

Very selective sammy. Glad you can somehow find them unpredictable despite the same posts every time.
Difference being I'm actually using facts and evidence to initiate debate. You're just...well...I don't know what you're doing by keeping on bringing me up just to tell everyone you have me on ignore and don't like me.

At least John has the heart to debate his side directly to me instead of cunting me off to others like a 7 year old schoolgirl.

You heartless, lily-livered cretin.

Last edited:
yes we need depth, but we spent £60m on 3 players that can't get into the team, and if everyone was fit they wouldn't get in the match day squad, so lets not talk as if we haven't spent money
Poches use of squad players is poor, how often has he got Wimmer on for 20mins in EPL game or Davies/tripper
If I was training all week and not getting any playing time I would get fed up, yes the moneys good, but after a few weeks of getting that money, you forget it, and its all about playing time
yes winks looks ok, but he plays in an easier position, he knows if they pass him its unlikely they will get a shot at goal, if they pass Wimmer or Davies they are in on goal
But isn't that because poch doesn't trust the new signings & subs enough?
or else he would play them more.

For someone using the victim card every 5 minutes, you're pretty quick to throw other peoples names around while not answering the football related questions put to you

Record against top 6. Posting this because the narrative being built is we are shit against the top 6. Open your eyes!

Chavs = 8 games played (5 home 3 away): 13pts from 24pts W4 D1 L3
Spurs = 8 games played (3 home 5 away): 9pts from 24 W2 D3 L3
Woolwich = 6 games played (3 home 3 away): 5pts from 18pts W1 D2 L3
Dippers = 7 games played: (3 home 4 away): 13 from 21pts W3 D4 L0
Citeh = 6 games played: (3 home 3 away): 7pts from 18pts W2 D1 L3
Manure = 6 games played (4 home 2 away): 6pts from 18pts W1 D3 L2

Out of all of the top 6 we and Chavs have only 2 games to play, both of ours are at home where we are unbeaten this season (inc against the top 6). Chavs 2 remaining games are away from home where they have only won 1 game against top 6!

Dippers currently have best record against top 6 sides having not lost a game. They have 1 away game remaining too, so they look to be in a strong position. That said it is 100% crystal clear how to beat or at least get a draw from them, let them have the ball and counter, thanks to us yesterday no other team will play against them they way we did.

The rest are all a bit meh.

Last edited:
For someone using the victim card every 5 minutes, you're pretty quick to throw other peoples names around while not answering the football related questions put to you
what questions? I don't chat to schmood because he says I should be scared of him & crap like that.
So I scan over his posts & don't read them when I am not logged in.
Also, u have not answered my post about how you don't find schmood attacking posters who are negative predictable. He has done it every time for years.
I genuinely want to know how you find that a shock & unpredictable every time?

Record against top 6. Posting this because the narrative being built is we are shit against the top 6. Open your eyes!

Chavs = 8 games played (5 home 3 away): 13pts from 24pts W4 L3 D1

Out of all of the top 6 we us and Chavs only have 2 games to play both of our are at home where we are unbeaten this season (inc against the top 6). Chavs 2 remaining games are away from home where they have only won 1 game!

Dippers currently have best record against top 6 sides having not lost a game. They have 1 away game remaining so they look to be in a strong position. That said it is 100% crystal clear how to beat or at least get a draw from them, let them have the ball and counter, thanks to us yesterday no other team will play against them they way we did.

Just so many myths circulating....."our squad is crap, our second string is crap....."

But

"Should have played Wimmer he was brilliant last year"
"Tripper is a cracking player"
"Winks should start more, rest Wanyama"
"Davies came on for Jan against Chelsea and was brilliant, hardly noticed a difference"

Only as good as your last 90 minutes in this world

I told Scott he should be scared of me! Hahahaha, fucking hell. scott scott you're 12 years old, aren't you? Honestly, how old are you? That is the most childish shit.

sammyspurs sammyspurs please ask this moron to quote said post. Actually, don't bother. He won't find something that doesn't exist.

Also u have not answered my post about how you don't find schmood attacking posters who are negative predictable.
I genuinely want to know how you find that a shock & unpredictable every time?

Its irrelevent to a discussion on Spurs predicament Scott, I dont see anyone attacking anyone else more so or less so.

I specifically wrote in my post to you:

For example, if someone (thats someone Scot, not specifically you before you dwell on the "where did I say that" and take the point somewhere else)

Because I knew what was coming.

And off you went on a tangent about me making up a narrative about things you havent said.
It was predictable Scott, and its boring. Talk football or argue with someone else.

Out of all of the top 6 we us and Chavs only have 2 games to play both of our are at home where we are unbeaten this season (inc against the top 6). Chavs 2 remaining games are away from home where they have only won 1 game!

Dippers currently have best record against top 6 sides having not lost a game. They have 1 away game remaining so they look to be in a strong position. That said it is 100% crystal clear how to beat or at least get a draw from them, let them have the ball and counter, thanks to us yesterday no other team will play against them they way we did.

Yeh that is the issue with liverpool, if you give them the ball and sit deep they have no idea what to do as shown by so many of their previous defeats to lesser sides. You try and play pass out the back football and they get their 3 amigos to hunt you down like dogs and then after winning the ball exploit all your gaps in transistion.

I think Poch is the best guy at the club but yesterday he got the tactics wrong IMO if we where looking to get something from the game, as CJJ CJJ pointed out with Lamela, Rose and Verts we could have attempted to go toe to toe. We have spent 4-5 seasons trying to go toe to toe with the Liverpool pressing machine under Rogers and Klopp with very limited success. We look like slow learners, thankfully we only have Liverpool twice a season unless we get them in the cup but I feel we can't just take the attitude of let's impose our game on Liverpool because they have better pressers than we do.

In this respect Redknapp was better in that he could change things up against sides like Liverpool and get something despite Poch in my view being overall clearly the better manager. If Poch can learn to adapt to teams like Liverpool better and playing away against top sides then I think we can win trophies as we have become good in most other situations.

It is away against the top 6 where we have struggled & can learn to improve.
I don't think we will lose at home to any of the top 6 this season. Which is highly impressive!
Probably should have got a draw away to chelsea. Just didn't turn up against liverpool, united & city (showed fight though in that match)..

I don't think we will lose at home to any of the top 6 this season. Which is highly impressive!
Probably should have got a draw away to chelsea. Just didn't turn up against liverpool, united & city (showed fight though in that match)..
When did I say you should be scared of me?

Its irrelevent to a discussion on Spurs predicament Scott, I dont see anyone attacking anyone else more so or less so.

I specifically wrote in my post to you:

Because I knew what was coming.

And off you went on a tangent about me making up a narrative about things you havent said.
It was predictable Scott, and its boring. Talk football or argue with someone else.
I knew you would refuse to answer it about schmood ha ha. so predictable & boring!
But yes, I will leave it at that too now, like we should have done ages ago!

Yeh that is the issue with liverpool, if you give them the ball and sit deep they have no idea what to do as shown by so many of their previous defeats to lesser sides. You try and play pass out the back football and they get their 3 amigos to hunt you down like dogs and then after winning the ball exploit all your gaps in transistion.

Genuine misunderstanding here, if you can clarify...

When you say we should sit deep and let them have the ball, how do we then attack when we gain possession if you dont want us to play out the back.
We defend on the back foot, with men behind the ball, then hopefully, dont concede....to be fair they looked like they knew what to do with the ball in attack yesterday, when we had 9 men camped in our own box.

Hugo has the ball....how do we now attack? Long punts to no mans land? We tried that too yesterday.

I cant see how you can sit deep, then not play from the back when we want to attack.

Liverpool didnt sit back, they came at us, so where were our counter attacks? Our counterattcking is terrible, and doesnt work, so no idea why people think we would have faired better playing that way.

We was playing that way......you saw the result of not going at them collectively as a team yesterday. We were not caught out by counter attacking swiftness, we gifted them possession, yet you say that was the way to go??

They had more possession, 10 more shots, 7 more on target, and seven more corners.

But we should have conceded possession?

Last edited:
Only away games we have "struggled" in though were against City, Liverpool and Manure where we were out played. Even in the Citeh game we got back in to draw it! So, take out the performance you are left with 2 bad results, 2 losses. Yet the narrative being built is we are shit. Funny also don't you think that apart from Liverpools record the other teams are absolutely wank away from home? Also if 70% of the games you have played against the top 6 are away from home it stands to reason why we have dropped points away from home??

Liverpool are far better so far against the top 6, followed by Chelsea but by the end of the season if everything goes to form we might have a better record than Chavs against the top 6. All if buts and may be's which I don't want to be drawn on. But one thing is for sure we have had the hardest set of fixtures out of the top 6 having played the joint most games but the most away fixtures. City haven't won away, Woolwich haven't won away, Utd haven't won away, yet all of them have more to play. I have yet to hear anyone talk about how shit their away record against the top 6 is.

Only away games we have "struggled" in though were against City, Liverpool and Manure where we were out played. Even in the Citeh game we got back in to draw it! So, take out the performance you are left with 2 bad results, 2 losses. Yet the narrative being built is we are shit. Funny also don't you think that apart from Liverpools record the other teams are absolutely wank away from home? Also if 70% of the games you have played against the top 6 are away from home it stands to reason why we have dropped points away from home??

Liverpool are far better so far against the top 6, followed by Chelsea but by the end of the season if everything goes to form we might have a better record than Chavs against the top 6. All if buts and may be's which I don't want to be drawn on. But one thing is for sure we have had the hardest set of fixtures out of the top 6 having played the joint most games but the most away fixtures. City haven't won away, Woolwich haven't won away, Utd haven't won away, yet all of them have more to play. I have yet to hear anyone talk about how shit their away record against the top 6 is.
I was surprised to see in your post that Woolwich have only 5pts against the top 6 & most of the others struggled too.
As you say, you would expect away to the top 6 to be hard & to end up with quite a few dropped points.
I guess poch will probably be more hurt by the draws with the teams outside the top 6.
That is probably the area we can fix more easily. Although I am sure we can improve a bit away to the top 6 too.

Back
Top Bottom