A dose of reality

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mo sweat mate. I don't actually criticise us that much but neither do I see it through blue and white tinted glasses.

We are a good side. At times very good. We would likely have more players in a top 11 Prem side but we have a weakness this season in particular and one is our personnel for away games which I think was evident even last season and the other which is much harder to put right, which is 100% about lacking a Bale type player (by that I mean presence).

We do not have to agree but I fully respect your viewpoiht.
I do respect you opinion mate, but come on, tell me I'm wrong about you constantly looking to find the negative. Just read through last couple of posts. Our away form is not average. You have just mentioned that it was evident last season, how? We had the 2nd best away record last season!!! Do you get where I'm coming from now?

I do respect you opinion mate, but come on, tell me I'm wrong about you constantly looking to find the negative. Just read through last couple of posts. Our away form is not average. You have just mentioned that it was evident last season, how? We had the 2nd best away record last season!!! Do you get where I'm coming from now?
Of course. But having the 6th best away record when our comparators are the 5 teams in and around us is the thing to look at, and not the broader comparison.

We won't agree on this mate but that's why it is called a forum for debating.

Not an issue for me.

Im strictly talking about what is, thats the whole point.
We are third on merit, because thus far we have done better than every other team below us.

So, as I say, the away form argument is nonsense in isolation. Because we have made up points elsewhere, where others have dropped points.

Despite an average away record!!

Of course. But having the 6th best away record when our comparators are the 5 teams in and around us is the thing to look at, and not the broader comparison.

We won't agree on this mate but that's why it is called a forum for debating.

Not an issue for me.
Just scratch my itch for me on this, please. You have just said it was evident that last season that our away record was poor/average whatever. We had the SECOND best away record in the league!! Where did you spot this weakness, please tell me?

Of course. But having the 6th best away record when our comparators are the 5 teams in and around us is the thing to look at, and not the broader comparison

Its the broader comparison that puts you in your place in the table though.

Why look at away form against the top 6, but ignore the fact they have all lost at home and we havent?

I could pick anything in isolation and start banging on about us having the second best goal difference and thats as good as an extra point. In fact thats far more relative to where we will finish, and the reason we are above Woolwich.

So has them having a better away form against the top 6 benefitted them in the table.

If the season finished today, did it help them?

Just scratch my itch for me on this, please. You have just said it was evident that last season that our away record was poor/average whatever. We had the SECOND best away record in the league!! Where did you spot this weakness, please tell me?

The false sense of security which Leicester are also seeing this season is that for whatever reason the big clubs were all over the place, so there was a sense of strangeness to it all. Even then I was saying we lacked pace up top and options to Kane.

This season we have snatched a draw against City, lost to Liverpool and lost at Chelsea. That is a big and significant swing of points.

It's observation mate more than criticism but if you are going to soak pressure which we can do quite capably you have to have accuracy of passing or pace up top to utilise the space - we don't, which is why I believe we have an average away record this season.

Its the broader comparison that puts you in your place in the table though.

Why look at away form against the top 6, but ignore the fact they have lost at home and we havent?

I could pick anything in isolation and start banging on about us having the second best goal difference and thats as good as an extra point. In fact thats far more relative to where we will finish, and the reason we are above Woolwich.

So has them having a better away form against the top 6 benefitted them in the table.

If the season finished today, did it help them?

Correct. If we finish 3rd then I will wonder why we didn't finish higher. Away form.

The false sense of security which Leicester are also seeing this season is that for whatever reason the big clubs were all over the place, so there was a sense of strangeness to it all. Even then I was saying we lacked pace up top and options to Kane.

This season we have snatched a draw against City, lost to Liverpool and lost at Chelsea. That is a big and significant swing of points.

It's observation mate more than criticism but if you are going to soak pressure which we can do quite capably you have to have accuracy of passing or pace up top to utilise the space - we don't, which is why I believe we have an average away record this season.
giphy.gif

The big and significant swing of points you refer to is -2 points! Despite that we have more points, more goals scored, less goal conceded than this time last year.

We had way too many already.
I can't be bothered with more.
I was more replying to sammy about it rather than wanting a cunt off. Just to make a point as I knew he would avoid answering it.
No offence but I don't see how having a cunt off is hard or makes you more of a man.
Anyone can say fuck off cunt etc to anyone else. I don't feel it takes stepping up to do that as you put it.
But fair enough if you feel they are something you step up too. I feel like they are a step down & should be avoided. I sometimes can't resist winding him up knowing he will then be angrily sending me posts that I will never even read. But I have grown up now!
Anyway, I think we are all bored of it all anyway.
So I shall no longer even mention him & will leave him on ignore.

We're all bored of you!

Negative gutless cunt!

I like being a Spurs supporter and having an unconditional love for the club and all of its teams. I think if I had to quantify that support by analysis paralysis, and getting into tortuous debates about how we need to be better to win the league, I'd take up golf and dry stone walling for excitement.

To all of the posters who wallow in their joy at showing people like me how pathetic a supporter I am, because I won't go on line and eviscerate the club, the team, the manager - like you charlatans do, every time we lose, then I think that you are soulless and useless supporters. When the team (and its supporters) is down after a defeat or poor result - then it needs picking up and support, not a kick in the bollocks or stabbing in the back.

I suspect more posters see things this way, certainly judging by the way you lot are being picked apart and dissected, than follow your apathetic version of "support"
Fuck off Mick. You're deliberately trying to cunt people off for attempting any objective critique of our team. You're actually trying to argue that supporters should be silent and blind.

I agree that we shouldn't melt down and knife the players at the first stumbling block, but you've no right to characterise all analytical supporters like that.

That post was a cunt's trick.

Fuck off Mick. You're deliberately trying to cunt people off for attempting any objective critique of our team. You're actually trying to argue that supporters should be silent and blind.

I agree that we shouldn't melt down and knife the players at the first stumbling block, but you've no right to characterise all analytical supporters like that.

That post was a cunt's trick.

I am perfectly entitled to voice my opinions and approach to support as anyone else.
I am happy to post my displeasure in performances, but don't make a treatise or dissertation out of it, there is a major difference between showing your disappointment and using every defeat to come on here showing what a football savvy, expert pundit you are.
So thanks for your completely inadequate assessment of the reasoning behind my post, but you are wrong. I actually said what I meant and what I feel. I would have been direct and to the point as well as specific to the people I was aiming my points to, had I been doing what you suggested.

Back
Top Bottom