#37 - Don't Be Blu

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ive been to watch Italian games a few times in the past few years and jesus the racism there is something i have never experienced

I went to watch a couple of Lazio games when i was in rome. its a strange one that club. there ultra fans are some of the worst fans i have ever seen for racism and fascism i was shocked at some of the thing they chanted. But outside of where the ultras sat the fans there were really friendly and nice people made me feel quite welcome...just needs these fans to stop the element of these clubs having a stronger voice and presence

Accurate but sad post. I've seen the same in Italy, which angers me being part Italian.

There was a great movement at Veneziana a few years ago, with a real anti racism and anti fascist drive, led by their fans and which engaged the larger collective in standing up to extremist away fans.

It's an uncomfortable truth but we used to have a fair bit of racism at the Lane. I remember some monkey chants at West Brom's brilliant trio of black players in the late 70s/early 80s. What makes me proud is that it was soon stamped on by the majority of proper Tottenham fans.

Maybe it takes a lot longer to sink in at Chelsea, West Ham etc as they're just not that bright! ?

Accurate but sad post. I've seen the same in Italy, which angers me being part Italian.

There was a great movement at Veneziana a few years ago, with a real anti racism and anti fascist drive, led by their fans and which engaged the larger collective in standing up to extremist away fans.

It's an uncomfortable truth but we used to have a fair bit of racism at the Lane. I remember some monkey chants at West Brom's brilliant trio of black players in the late 70s/early 80s. What makes me proud is that it was soon stamped on by the majority of proper Tottenham fans.

Maybe it takes a lot longer to sink in at Chelsea, West Ham etc as they're just not that bright! ?
just a shame really i remember seeing Milan v roma and the milan fans made monkey noises just could not believe it. was saying to a few roma fans we met up with about it and they were saying that until these fans are met head on by the clubs it will never leave the game but as said before they almost run the clubs the ultras so it will be a difficult job!

yep unfortunately they aint the brightest fans but again i think its mostly a small % of the fans

Back
Top Bottom