#29 The jury's still out

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Admin

The Fighting Cock
Omnipotent
Just as we sat down in our state of the art studio to record episode 29 (on Wed evening), the news filtered in (via text and twitter) that Fabio had resigned. Good timing. Well, actually bad timing considering Harry was found not guilty of tax evasion earlier in the day. So we kick off with the England mess and what it means for Tottenham Hotspur Football Club and also discuss the Tottenham Ultras (check out the forum for info), Liverpool away, squad strength, Adebayor and Harry’s court case with additional laughter aimed at HMRC.

The imperious Windy punctures the pod into two parts with another quick-fire Spurs youth update leading us into more banter covering Newcastle at the Lane, Clipboard Chris, arguments over the word ‘transitional’ and Gareth Bale’s amateur dramatics. What transpires after this juncture can only be described as a beautiful drunken mess. The mere mention of a certain player from them lot down the road capitulates and decapitates The Fighting Cock team into broadcasting bewilderment. It’s what we do best. Don’t pretend you don’t like it.

Flav, Spooky, tehtrunk, Ricky, Chicago Dan and the king of jingles (and four times on the trot POTW) Al the engineer... all present this week.

The end.

Love the shirt.

[mp3]http://itunes.thefightingcock.co.uk/podcasts/website_download/33.mp3[/mp3]

[download]http://itunes.thefightingcock.co.uk/podcasts/website_download/33.mp3[/download]

Best Episode ever , small correction about Tiote (he did not come from france but from Belgian and Dutch League :) )

Really liked the chaos and the podcast got me in stitches on numerous occasions

spooky said:
I admit I got hang up on 'transitional' and was really talking about 'progressional'.

x
You were like a Dad whose kids were running wild and you just gave up in the end and let them get on with it. :harrylol:

One thing you didn't mention was ex-gooner or not, I wouldn't want (and I'm sure not many would) a rapist someone who had paid someone a lot of money to drop a rape charge playing for Tottenham.

Thelonious said:
spooky said:
I admit I got hang up on 'transitional' and was really talking about 'progressional'.

x
You were like a Dad whose kids were running wild and you just gave up in the end and let them get on with it. :harrylol:

Was he fuck, he was pissed as a fart himself this week too.

Drunk and decorating my lounge on a fucking Friday night, not good. this podcast has sorted me out, cheers all.

One thing, just got to the bit where you say Bale didn't dive, he just avoided an inevitable clatter. He got up looking for a refs decision, surely it's a dive. You can't ask the ref to book a player because he was going to make a poor challenge.

I just would hate to see Spurs fans getting too similar to the scum. I always bring it up, because I'll never forget it, a scumbag I know told me, after the Celtic keeper (Artur Boruc?) got penalised despite not having touched the filth, that scum players didn't need to be touched to be fouled. Apparently they were so superior, quick, and ethereal, that if you even caused a fluctuation in the air around their flight path you had fouled. IMO there's a fine line between defending Bales growing anticipation of poor tackles, and trying to cheat the ref.

Back
Top Bottom