#27 Tottenham Ultras

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Admin

The Fighting Cock
Omnipotent
This is Episode 27.

Part I

Botswana T-shirt update.
Man City post-mortem.
What a tangled Webb we weave.
Are we out of the title race?
We've come a long way baby.
Wigan preview. Must win game.
Redknapp, Spurs and the self preservation society.

Feature: Windy will make your head explode, Scanners style, with another yoof update.

Part II

We introduce the project: Tottenham Ultras.
Watford. FA Cup.

Feature: ZoC gives us: Audere est Facere = Daring is Achieving.

Part III

The month of Feb. Bite your nails.
Suicide pact controversy.
Twitter - is it bringing back the old traditions of football?
LOL @ Frimpong.

The end.

Love the shirt.

[mp3]http://itunes.thefightingcock.co.uk/podcasts/website_download/31.mp3[/mp3]

[download]http://itunes.thefightingcock.co.uk/podcasts/website_download/31.mp3[/download]

Awesome work on providing a variety of ways of saying "facere"!

ZoC says it in church Latin, which turns the "c" into a "ch," making it sound a bit like "fa-cherry." But though no one knows, people suspect that ancient Romans would've said "fa-ke-re" (more or less).

Was like this again at an inopportune moment at the store :roflmao: but no one suspected I was chatting them up this time. CASHBACK!

:ap:
[edit]Messed up and forgot that third conjugation verbs don't take the macron on the e in the infinitive. It's "facere," then. But it's not exactly right that the motto rhymes. "Audēre est facere" becomes something like "au-DAY-re est fa-ke-re." Either way, I like "Daring is achieving."[/edit]

Nice to see my question dropped in there, cheers lads.

Still think the same - end of Feb we are either going to be shoe in's for 3rd place or in a dogfight for fourth.
Not that we will be dropping out of Top 4 - more that us and Chelscum will be fighting for that 4th spot.

Probably should have my question a bit clearer.

After being inexplicably micro-manged by my boss this morning, and being told not to have earphones in. A sense of dread came over me... I thought to myself "I'm not going to be able to listen to those wankers chat shit this afternoon."

Luckily she fucked off at 2 so no harm done.

Good episode, especially ZoC's theme tune.

Blanchflower said:
Think you glossed over Webb's performance, his previous performances and general refereeing displays too quickly.
The Spurs comeback and spirit >>>>>>>> Bleating about a ref.

Once again a great episode, Zoc's segment was interesting but i pretty much have to disagree with everything he said apart from that audere est facere is better left as it is, because there is really no translation that isn't clumsy. I study latin at A level so i can say with confidence that his pronunciation of the "audere est" was right but the "facere" wasn't, it is not a "ch" sound but more harsher and like a "k", also he spoke it like it was italian but latin does not sound anything like that, it is spoken very slowly and precisely.

Thelonious said:
Blanchflower said:
Think you glossed over Webb's performance, his previous performances and general refereeing displays too quickly.

Maybe that's why we are always on the wrong end of the decisions and never win anything

Ref's are shit scared of Ferguson / Utd and it gets them at least 5 points a season

Blanchflower said:
Thelonious said:
Blanchflower said:

Maybe that's why we are always on the wrong end of the decisions and never win anything

Ref's are shit scared of Ferguson / Utd and it gets them at least 5 points a season
we've gained as much as we've lost from referees this season in fairness.

Back
Top Bottom