#26 - Through thick and Tim

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Last edited by a moderator:
Ok- I've gotta chime in on the Bentaleb vs Capoue part of the pod. I don't think Bentaleb is the player that has to be dropped for Capoue (I will add that I don't think Bentaleb has to play every single game).

I've not listened yet, but if I'd been there I'd have said that Capoue does not currently seem to be a viable option.
His cameos against City and Everton - where he should have been sent off in one, and conceded a penalty in the other - showed him to be a very unfit liability.

Dan Louw's tweet post-game on Sunday summed it up for me:

I've not listened yet, but if I'd been there I'd have said that Capoue does not currently seem to be a viable option.
His cameos against City and Everton - where he should have been sent off in one, and conceded a penalty in the other - showed him to be a very unfit liability.

Fair enough to think that, but when Harry came in (this is not me saying Harry is the almighty) the first thing he did was instill a more solid player (Hudd) in the middle. It freed up our flair players, stifled some of the oppositions play, and ultimately seemed to work. I believe that we severely lack a physical presence in the middle of the park.

If Capoues last two appearances were comical- is it fair to say the same about Paulinhos last two appearances?

I feel physically ill that you agree with me on something.

Slightly moving the discussion in a different direction- is it a coincidence that Eriksen has looked poor as soon as Paulinho returned to the squad?

The Meat Men are still "Botswana Meat Commission FC" as far as the league is concerned. That will probably change next season, but for now they have to stick with the name they're registered under.

Apart from that, I think the club's calling itself "BMC Rangers FC".

The Meat Men are still "Botswana Meat Commission FC" as far as the league is concerned. That will probably change next season, but for now they have to stick with the name they're registered under.

Apart from that, I think the club's calling itself "BMC Rangers FC".
When do they become the Tigers?

I think poor Thelonious might have seasonal affective disorder. It's a long winter and it gets to all of us. At least you live on a hill.

@ Flav Flav @ Thelonious Thelonious @ RickyTFC RickyTFC

Great podcast as usual, despite the wrist slashing. Two things though:

First: in the sixties (to my knowledge), we didn't have a sugardaddy, our success was paid for by gate receipts, so we didn't just buy the league like Chelsea and Manchester City.*

Second: the Woolwich Wanderers aren't doing things "the right way". The only way they could ever do things the right way is if they moved back to SE London and volunteered to be automatically relegated. Actually, even then they'd still be a monstrous perversion of what a club should be because they'd still have all the money and status from wrongly being in the top division for 100 years.

*If I'm wrong about this and we did have a massive injection of cash from a money-to-burn benefactor, please never tell me or I'll cry forever.

Tl;dr Fuck 'em all.

Back
Top Bottom