25 man squad list

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I believe the 25 man squad list for the PL has to be in by 12 noon on Saturday 1st September.

The rule is, of those 25 players, clubs cannot name more than 17 that are not "Home Grown". "Home Grown" is defined as "irrespective of nationality or age, have been affiliated to the FA or Welsh FA for a period of three seasons or 36 months prior to 21st birthday". Clubs can supplement squad with unlimited number of players under the age of 21.

I believe that means, as the current squad stands right now, we have 9 home grown players.

Defoe, Huddlestone, Jenas, Bentley, Dawson, Lennon, Parker, Naughton & Bale.

And 12 non home grown.

Friedel, Cudicini, Gomes, Assou-Ekotto, Kaboul, Vertongen, Gallas, Van Der Vaart, Adebayor, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Dos Santos.

Main U21 players.

Walker, Caulker, Rose, Kane, Carroll, Smith, Townsend.

That means anyone coming in like Lloris, Dembele, Willian is OK, as long as there is not more than 5 coming in (even that would mean we would need to lose a home grown or a non home grown).

The problem arises is we start losing too many home grown as it reduces the size of the squad. So if Jenas, Bentley, Hudd & Dawson all leave, that would mean we would only have a 22 man squad, plus as many under 21's as we wanted.

Anyone see a problem with losing too many home grown?

what concerns me with the HG players is that 2 of those nearly left, another 2 need to leave and I'm not sure if another one is of a good enough standard

wouldn't it just be the case of making Caulker and Rose our home grown players instead of 'free' U21 players?
Also, how old was Benny when he joined? Sure he was only 19 or something and may now count as home grown?

Could be totally wrong.

jimmyriggle said:
wouldn't it just be the case of making Caulker and Rose our home grown players instead of 'free' U21 players?

Also, how old was Benny when he joined? Sure he was only 19 or something and may now count as home grown?

We can play as many U21's as we want, they don't have to be in the 25 man squad. They are free extras. So Caulker & Rose don't have to be in the named squad to be able to play.

Benny wasn't with us for 36 months before his 21st birthday.

I've been told that Siggy may count as home grown as he was with Reading academy for 3 years, but he's not showing on the official PL site as home grown, so can't be sure.

Rose, Livermore and Walker will all need to be in the squad of 25. They have gone over the age limit now.

Carlo?? Do you mean Cudicini? He's an old man! Played in Italy before England. Apologies if I am missing a Carlo on our playing staff.

Based on my understanding, we currently have 13 players over the age of 21 that count as "home grown":

Defoe, Huddlestone, Jenas, Bentley, Dawson, Lennon, Parker, Naughton, Bale, Walker, Rose, Livermore & Sigurdsson. It's possible that Jonathan Obika might count as a 14th "homegrown" as well since he is no longer meets the U-21 exemption.

Unless more than 5 of the above move out due to transfer or loan, we should be OK and not face a reduction in the 25 man limit.

jonesinginsc is spot on with the homegrown.

U-21s (born on or after 1st Jan 1991) don't count towards the 25 man squad so here's who needs to be registered and who doesn't (from 1st team and professionals lists on spurs site)

Need to be registered
1. Heurelho Gomes
2. Carlo Cudicini
3. Brad Friedel

4. Danny Rose
5. Younes Kaboul
6. Jan Vertonghen
7. William Gallas
8. Kyle Naughton
9. Michael Dawson
10. Kyle Walker
11. Benoit Assou-Ekotto

12. Tom Huddlestone
13. Aaron Lennon
14. Scott Parker
15. Rafael van der Vaart
16. Gareth Bale
17. David Bentley
18. Jermaine Jenas
19. Gylfi Sigurdsson
20. Jake Livermore
21. Sandro Raniere
22. Yago Falque
23. Mousa Dembele

24. Giovani Dos Santos
25. Jermain Defoe
26. Emmanuel Adebayor
27. Jonathan Obika

U-21s
1. Jordan Archer
2. Jonathan Miles

3. Steven Caulker
4. Adam Smith
5. Kevin Stewart
6. Jack Barthram
7. Nathan Byrne
8. Grant Hall

9. Andros Townsend
10. Thomas Carroll
11. John Bostock
12. Cristian Ceballos
13. Jake Nicholson
14. Alex Pritchard
15. Dean Parrett
16. Ryan Mason
17. Giancarlo Gallifuoco
18. Jack Munns
19. Harry Kane
20. Cameron Lancaster
21. Souleymane Coulibaly

On Loan
1. Bongani Khumalo
2. Massimo Luongo
3. Ryan Fredericks
4. Simon Dawkins

Mr Vexed said:
i can confirm that i will be registered on this years 25 man squad. i'm taking danny rose place when he goes out on loan.

Good for you mate. Good for you.

Updated. Obika likely to miss out.

U-21s (born on or after 1st Jan 1991) don't count towards the 25 man squad so here's who needs to be registered and who doesn't (from 1st team and professionals lists on spurs site)

Need to be registered
1. Hugo Lloris
2. Heurelho Gomes
3. Carlo Cudicini
4. Brad Friedel

5. Younes Kaboul
6. Jan Vertonghen
7. William Gallas
8. Kyle Naughton
9. Michael Dawson
10. Kyle Walker
11. Benoit Assou-Ekotto

12. Tom Huddlestone
13. Aaron Lennon
14. Scott Parker
15. Clint Dempsey
16. Gareth Bale
17. David Bentley
18. Jermaine Jenas
19. Gylfi Sigurdsson
20. Jake Livermore
21. Sandro Raniere
22. Yago Falque
23. Mousa Dembele

24. Jermain Defoe
25. Emmanuel Adebayor
26. Jonathan Obika

U-21s
1. Jordan Archer
2. Jonathan Miles

3. Steven Caulker
4. Adam Smith
5. Kevin Stewart
6. Jack Barthram
7. Nathan Byrne
8. Grant Hall

9. Andros Townsend
10. Thomas Carroll
11. John Bostock
12. Cristian Ceballos
13. Jake Nicholson
14. Alex Pritchard
15. Dean Parrett
16. Ryan Mason
17. Giancarlo Gallifuoco
18. Jack Munns
19. Cameron Lancaster
20. Souleymane Coulibaly

On Loan
1. Bongani Khumalo
2. Massimo Luongo
3. Ryan Fredericks
4. Simon Dawkins
5. Danny Rose
6. Harry Kane

All top-flight teams must submit their finalised 25-man squads for the first half of the season by 4pm on Tuesday. Later registrations have happened in the past, notably with Aston Villa signing Robert Pires, but are at the league's discretion and require the club involved to have an unfilled space in their 25-man list.

I claim ITK!!

Following the conclusion of the summer transfer window, the Club has today submitted its list of 25 players that will be eligible to play in the Premier League from now until January 1.

The squad list, in alphabetical order, is as follows:

1. Emmanuel Adebayor
2. Benoit Assou-Ekotto
3. Gareth Bale
4. David Bentley
5. Sandro Cordeiro
6. Carlo Cudicini
7. Michael Dawson
8. Jermain Defoe
9. Mousa Dembele
10. Clint Dempsey
11. Yago Falque
12. Brad Friedel
13. William Gallas
14. Heurelho Gomes
15. Tom Huddlestone
16. Jermaine Jenas
17. Younes Kaboul
18. Aaron Lennon
19. Jake Livermore
20. Hugo Lloris
21. Kyle Naughton
22. Scott Parker
23. Gylfi Sigurdsson
24. Jan Vertonghen
25. Kyle Walker

In addition to the main squad list is an U21 list with an unlimited number of players. Players covered by this list include:

Tom Carroll
Steven Caulker
Adam Smith
Andros Townsend

The club must be confident Kaboul will be back before the 1st of January. Obika the only one to miss out.

Back
Top Bottom