#23 - Under the lights

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
This week, we're joined by Troy Townsend, father of Andros. We chart the rise and rise of Andros Townsend, run the rule over Sherwood and ask "what exactly does Les Ferdinand actually do?" Windy drops some knowledge on the youth, Swansea reviewed, Eriksen love-in, we ask if we want to win the Europa League and what are Spurs doing?

Beacons of light: Flav, Ricky, Thelonious & Troy.

Download Episode

Subscribe on iTunes | Subscribe to RSS Feed | Stitcher

Troy come across as a lovely fella. It would be a really interesting pod if you could use his contacts to get Collymore on. I know he is not a spurs legend but to be fair to him his agenda is usually on the side of the fans and discussions regarding safe standing, stubhub, ticket pricing and erm.... dogging would be great.

Would love that, but can't see him giving us the time. We're tiny in comparison to his usual audience

Excellent listen as usual lads. A few points:

1) Troy you are wonderful to listen to and a truly great guest, but it's HOTSPUR FFS. Hotspur. No s. The club your son plays for. Tottenham fucking Hotspur. :adebaehug:

2) I think Sherwood is still getting a lot of judgement based on his reputation and his interview manner that supposes he has no tactical acumen. The media have decided that his management style is "arm round the shoulder" and the caricature seems to be that he just throws eleven players onto the pitch and tells them to play their game, when the structure, personnel and playing style suggest otherwise. AVB had a lot of excuses made for him regarding that he was a young manager still learning how to be the best manager he could be, even after 4 full seasons as a top level manager, but I've yet to read the same comment made about Sherwood, whose managerial career is 8 games old.

3) I'm reasonably certain that Chadli has always been a left winger rather than a central attacking mid. At least in the last few seasons.

4) Did we spend £100m in the summer?

5) I love you guys

Troy is definitely maybe my favorite Fighting Cock guest. Always has an interesting point of view and lots to say.

With these last two eps the Fighting Cock is mirroring our actual team's run of form.

Always interesting to hear Troy's thoughts, although he is completely (and understandably so, its his sons livelihood at stake) agenda driven in his comments regarding Spurs. It's still nevertheless and interesting and very different insight into spurs

Back
Top Bottom