#22 - Supporting Spurs Is Fun

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
This week, we welcome Dan Louw and Tim Grigg of Away Days fame. We kick off with an 1882 announcement, overpowering Palace, Soldado gets sent to a gulag, Lamela conspiracies, stats debunked. Windy drops the knowledge on the youth, we discuss atmosphere or the lack thereof, Swansea previewed and the sacrificing of Cocks.

Fun boys: Flav, Thelonious, Dan Louw, Tim Grigg

Download Episode

Subscribe on iTunes | Subscribe to RSS Feed | Stitcher

Oh the discussing of atmosphere once more. I can remember the last time I tried to discuss about the lack of atmosphere or bad one at the lane and getting rather alot of flack for it. Will be listening to the pod once i'm home to hear you guys discussing it.

Listening to the pod on the stereo of a bar for all to hear:freundgoal:

Make sure everyone who sits and listens downloads the pod otherwise its unfair on the stats innit. Its copyright infringements like playing DVD's on coaches,oil rigs or prsions

Dan is absolutely right about Air Bud, it's classic.

When I was at Uni myself and a couple friends decided to spend one night taking a significant amount of mushrooms. We wandered around campus for a while, did the type of stuff you do while on mushrooms.

After a while we went back to one our dorms and ended up watching Air Bud until 4 in the morning almost pissing ourselves laughing about his fucking dog playing basketball by knocking the ball in with its nose. Anytime he was playing basketball we pretended to be announcers and pundits and commented on the game. One of the best damn nights of my life. Thank you, Air Bud.

Air_bud_poster.jpg
Air_Bud_-_Golden_Receiver.jpg

On a more serious note, if we compare every CM we have to Modric then they are all going to be shit. He's a top 5 CM in the world in my estimation and the best player I've ever seen at Spurs. Not fair to Dembele, Bentaleb or anyone else.

Awesome episode and totally agree with all about it being fun to go to the Lane. Although I do hate all this Sherwood hating from a lot of fans. Just because you don’t think he is the right man for the job doesn't mean that we should all be so disgustingly negative about everything. Also we can all claim to know everything about football but all fans, of every club continuously make judgements having no facts at all, and how can we have, we don’t sit in board meetings, we are not at the training ground everyday. I personally have never seen Tim Sherwood take a training session, or seen him do a half time or pre match team talk, so I can safely say I have no idea how good a coach he is. What I have seen is his team play a few games and do pretty well up to now. I don’t know how long he will be manager for, if he will be any good, or how good his methods are, but I do know one thing and that is that he is the current Tottenham Hotspur manager and for that reason he will get my total and utter 100% support no matter what happens and that goes for anyone that wears our famous badge on their shirt. Also whats more is that I will see it as a privilege and will be excited every time I go to White Hart Lane and watch the team I love. COYS

T - have you watched this?

If so, did it change your view? Took on quite a lot of ambitious forward passes amongst the ball-retention.

T - have you watched this?

If so, did it change your view? Took on quite a lot of ambitious forward passes amongst the ball-retention.

The video lacks context, in as much as he passes the ball to a white shirt, which is clearly good. But they don't show what led to his passes, what happened after? Felt he did his job, but, never sought the front two for an early pass, him or Mousa also never made themselves available for the early pass from defence. Most of our passes didn't hurt Palace either. Ball retention wasn't an issue, NB won a few tackles as well, but in a poor team performance, felt he was good and not excellent.

Don't think he is a bad player but their partnership looked pragmatic. Hope we don't have to see it for a while.

Back
Top Bottom