2015/16 Kit Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tottenham-hotspur-15-16-home-kit.jpg

tottenham-hotspur-15-16-home-kit-1.jpg

Not sure whether this is the real thing, but this website are running with, "Exclusive: Leaked Tottenham Shirt"

Something about it doesn't look real, but maybe it's just the photos...
The UA badge isn't right. Don't know if it's size or position but it ain't right.

Does anyone know how reliable this website actually is? They're running with a few different 'leaked' kits for some other teams and the shape of the shirt looks exactly the same for all of them...
It's definitely not an actual leak. It's just some mock-up that someone expects the kit to look like. As I read somewhere, look at this official teaser below:

hVNUaQU.jpg

Notice the very first 2 stripes (adjacent to the collar and between the letters I and W). You'll see that the stripes do not completely extend above to the stitching seam as the other stripes do. And if you look at the mock-up leak, you won't see such detail.

So yeah, the mock-up definitely is not an official leak. I still think that the new kit will have this striping sash, but I expect the actual pictures of jersey to look bit better than this leak.

Btw, I just had to make and see how the kit would look without the sash:

Untitled_1.png

Last edited:
It's definitely not an actual leak. It's just some mock-up that someone expects the kit to look like. As I read somewhere, look at this official teaser below:

hVNUaQU.jpg

Notice the very first 2 stripes (adjacent to the collar and between the letters I and W). You'll see that the stripes do not completely extend above to the stitching seam as the other stripes do. And if you look at the mock-up leak, you won't see such detail.

So yeah, the mock-up definitely is not an official leak. I still think that the new kit will have this striping sash, but I expect the actual pictures of jersey to look bit better than this leak.

Btw, I just had to make and see how the kit would look without the sash:

Untitled_1.png
That would be almost spot on without the sash thing too, I'd bare the red just to see that honestly and good spot on the leak, you have way too much time on your hands bud:pochsmirk:

It scares me to think they would ever come up with a HOME shirt with a diagonal stripe across it. I just cannot contemplate such a fucking monstrosity.

That 'I will' pic, if genuine, is probably the away kit.

Could just be some detail on the right shoulder, which doesn't extend across the whole lot... Reminiscent of our CL kit
I sincerely hope so. I've liked what Under Armour have done for us so far but if the actual kit looks like the mock-up and we've got a giant stretched bar code over the shirt then they can fuck off.
NIKE IN.

It seems appropriate that the sponsor is red, heralding back to when we had that thomson sponsor and were playing similarly questionable football with some similarly questionable signings.

Even though I'd prefer the AIA to be blue, I gotta agree with this person.
Some people just take the red issue way too seriously.

"It always amazes me that some Spurs fans continually harp on about any red on the strip. Historically we are a magpie of a club first copying the navy blue of the grammar school and cricket club that shared our name. Then moving to a halved blue and white kit (in homage of Balckburn), then to red shirts with navy shorts. We would have been the red and blues were it not for the Southern League rules that prohibited to clubs from having similar colours which meant that we changed to chocolate and gold (which for historical reasons is our "true" colours). The now Lilywhite kit (or the famous blue shorts and white top) is itself a homage to the original "invincibles" of Preston North End who get the blue/white and red from their badge (white lamb of st wilfrid sat atop a blue background with three red roses on a white background above).

Fun fact and side note: PNE as a founder member of the league have the right to wear their home colours wherever they play. So, for example if they were to come to WHL - they would be the Lilywhites and we would have to don the away kit - although they have never enforced this right."

Serious question - If I say I'm attracted to a deep red colors (not the same as saying it's my favorite color though), does that make me any less of a spurs fan?

PNE and the away kit is an Urban Myth I'm afraid, along with the one about Notts County being able to do the same thing just because they were the founding members of the football league.
At the very most it may have been a gentllemans agreement in the "Circles" at the time, but it has absolutely no backing by the Football league. Who knows what the Premier leagues take on it is !
No doubt huge sums of money could have the last say.

Even though I'd prefer the AIA to be blue, I gotta agree with this person.
Some people just take the red issue way too seriously.

"It always amazes me that some Spurs fans continually harp on about any red on the strip. Historically we are a magpie of a club first copying the navy blue of the grammar school and cricket club that shared our name. Then moving to a halved blue and white kit (in homage of Balckburn), then to red shirts with navy shorts. We would have been the red and blues were it not for the Southern League rules that prohibited to clubs from having similar colours which meant that we changed to chocolate and gold (which for historical reasons is our "true" colours). The now Lilywhite kit (or the famous blue shorts and white top) is itself a homage to the original "invincibles" of Preston North End who get the blue/white and red from their badge (white lamb of st wilfrid sat atop a blue background with three red roses on a white background above).

Fun fact and side note: PNE as a founder member of the league have the right to wear their home colours wherever they play. So, for example if they were to come to WHL - they would be the Lilywhites and we would have to don the away kit - although they have never enforced this right."

Serious question - If I say I'm attracted to a deep red colors (not the same as saying it's my favorite color though), does that make me any less of a spurs fan?
Whoever wrote that bullshit is either 119yrs old, the minimum age he will have to be to have seen Spurs where other colours than white & blue, or is one of those utter cunts that has read the wiki page and discovered that 120 years ago we wore a number of different colours whilst we were in our infancy and thought that he would use this piece of bullshit news to impress his mates with some red hot soccer chat, what a cunt.

Back
Top Bottom