2015/16 Kit Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do those quotes sound like I'm saying we're as big/bigger? Where have I said we're "as well known"? Make sure you clean yourself off before you go home mate, you're covered in straw...

It's in the subtext, bud. Everything you're saying implies that you think Spurs deserve as much money as teams that have a far larger fan base around the world than ours. Tell me, in what other context could you possibly mean "bigger".....? Your first quote literally says that you don't see Woolwich or Liverpool as vastly bigger clubs, the implication being that Spurs are around the same size...

.....but you're not saying that we're as big? Okay.. wait.. um...

so what are you saying?

Stop being such a dingus.

The first is just a re-paint of the France kit.
The second is pure bullshit and fucking hideous.
The third is very strangely beautiful.

It's complete horseshit. I'm not sure why some people seem to think that Under Armour is simply going to walk away from the remainder of their contract.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, why would AIA be okay with us not using their standard colors (red) on a single one of our kits, much less our home kit, which they would seemingly demand in any negotiation?

rather stay with Under Armour. if this season's is the worst kit we get off them, we will have done bloody well It's only a bit meh when compared to it's predecessors....look at the monstrosities that Puma have given the gooners and the geordies this year)
I mean, look at Nike kits. actually look at them. shoddy template kits for most, with half a dozen clubs given bespoke designs. and we wouldnt be one of them. Adidas? no thanks. templates again (does anyone get a bespoke design from adidas?), and have chucked all their eggs in the Manure basket, to the extent that they are giving up other contracts like the lions. (allegedly going to UA)

rather stay with Under Armour. if this season's is the worst kit we get off them, we will have done bloody well It's only a bit meh when compared to it's predecessors....look at the monstrosities that Puma have given the gooners and the geordies this year)
I mean, look at Nike kits. actually look at them. shoddy template kits for most, with half a dozen clubs given bespoke designs. and we wouldnt be one of them. Adidas? no thanks. templates again (does anyone get a bespoke design from adidas?), and have chucked all their eggs in the Manure basket, to the extent that they are giving up other contracts like the lions. (allegedly going to UA)
I1MMe3D.jpg

Look at that. Just look at it. Have you looked at it yet? Good. Now, I wouldn't give a solitary fuck if Nike wanted to use that template, because it would be the best Spurs kit in recent memory (all time?).

But yes, stick with UA. Or rather, don't breach contracts!

Oh yeah, why would AIA be okay with us not using their standard colors (red) on a single one of our kits, much less our home kit, which they would seemingly demand in any negotiation?

Random complaint: We don't use AIA's standard colors, nor their standard logo. AIA's logo is this:
aia.png

Which is kind of a pinkish, magenta-ish color. The only place you see AIA branding in fire engine Woolwich red is on the front of Tottenham shirts.

I'd much rather see the above logo on the shirts than what we have now.

Random complaint: We don't use AIA's standard colors, nor their standard logo. AIA's logo is this:
aia.png

Which is kind of a pinkish, magenta-ish color. The only place you see AIA branding in fire engine Woolwich red is on the front of Tottenham shirts.

I'd much rather see the above logo on the shirts than what we have now.
fair enough.

Genuine question - so long it's not red - and realistically we know it's going to be white/blue etc - why do people care?

As a kit enthusiast, I can reply - people care because cultivating one's aesthetic taste/curiousity is an enjoyable thing, especially when it is attached to another strong passion (the Spurs and football in general).
Also, the history of kits often overlaps with the history of the club itself, of football in general and even of society and culture.

I1MMe3D.jpg

Look at that. Just look at it. Have you looked at it yet? Good. Now, I wouldn't give a solitary fuck if Nike wanted to use that template, because it would be the best Spurs kit in recent memory (all time?).

But yes, stick with UA. Or rather, don't breach contracts!
truth is, i prefer last years home shirt to that white one.(lets be honest, add a chuffing great AIA in red to that white shirt and it loses half of its aesthetic appeal)

and I would happily buy out the AIA contract if Samsung came knocking.

The Under Armour contract runs two more seasons after this one. We'll be a whole new design cycle into the future by that point. I wouldn't get too wrapped up in anything you see from Nike in the meantime.

Wasnt getting wrapped up at all. Just saw the tweet and thought of this thread. I do like the simplicity of the home kit. The others are ridiculous, especially the black and red kit that I would buy just to light on fire.

Back
Top Bottom