2015/16 Kit Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope not, people say the kit doesn't matter - but it always seems to me that as soon as a team looks like they might have a successful season on the pitch their kit manufacturers come up with designs that look good and will sell loads.
Man City's kits since the oil millions have been far more considered than before they were challenging.

...you mean from this:
mcfc-119716.jpg

...to this?
manchester-city-2013-2014-home-kit.jpg

...yeah, I see what you mean!

...you mean from this:
mcfc-119716.jpg

...to this?
manchester-city-2013-2014-home-kit.jpg

...yeah, I see what you mean!

exactly..........even before being told your team mates are Yaya Toure and Aguero instead of Joey Barton and Jonathan Macken - you are still going to feel more like your club means business in the kits they produce now.

Perhaps more importantly all the kids buying this shite around the world will think the same.

exactly.......... you are still going to feel more like your club means business in the kits they produce now.

Perhaps more importantly all the kids buying this shite around the world will think the same.

is there ANY correlation between us winning the league in this;
tottenham-toffs-tottenham-1961-double-winners.jpg

...the FA Cup in this;
7422896_orig.jpg

...and fuck-all in these????
mpO1emEz9Ra73UBM96hrf9g.jpg
Tottenham-91-Third_display_image.jpg

Yeah, you were just asking for it wearing one of those in the pub. I've still got the purple and blue away one. :lennon:

I even had the bright green Baardsen goalie top. Wanted to wear it as a kid at goodison vs spurs in Gladwys end. Dad wouldn't let me.

Can see why, looking back. lol.

Seriously, I think you must have crossed the ball better than Ruel did. What a frustrating player.

I typed him a letter once after seeing him at a match. I remember it was on a typewriter, but it had a sort of word processing feature where you would finish a typed (on an LCD screen) document and it'd go crazy typing through the ribbon on the pages. I digress.

Anyway, I asked him why he ran down the wing on his own and crossed into the box to absolutely no one. lol. Never got a reply.

I once went to send Teddy a Match Magazine poster to sign, but got carried away and took literally every poster off the wall and into an envelope and asked him to sign.

None of them fucking cunts in the 90's ever replied to a letter. Shit team, shit players with shit attitudes.

But I'm totally over it

:pochserious:

Keeper and RM? You're damn right you shouldn't have quit, that is the definition of versatility lol

For a while I used to be nicknamed Zidane in footy. Used to be able to keepy up the length of a pitch.

My parents were shit and didn't encourage any of that a bean. I signed up for the local team and scored a hattrick in the 'trials' match, but they stuck me at left back. That's when I went to being in goal instead.

All seems trivial looking back. If I fertilise any wombs at any point, I'll make damn sure my kid has the best chance of being the next Hoddle*

*as a player, not a crazy manager/pundit

For a while I used to be nicknamed Zidane in footy. Used to be able to keepy up the length of a pitch.

My parents were shit and didn't encourage any of that a bean. I signed up for the local team and scored a hattrick in the 'trials' match, but they stuck me at left back. That's when I went to being in goal instead.

All seems trivial looking back. If I fertilise any wombs at any point, I'll make damn sure my kid has the best chance of being the next Hoddle*

*as a player, not a crazy manager/pundit

Pretty wild story dude. Interestingly enough, my parents rather adamantly opposed the "extent of my soccer" as well. Something about more focus on school yada yada buncha bullshit the fuck does a 15/16 year old care about all that bollocks.

And I'm with ya, looking back I'm gonna do everything I can to support the pursuits of any offspring, especially ones that can earn absolutely stupid money for just playing a game.

Pretty wild story dude. Interestingly enough, my parents rather adamantly opposed the "extent of my soccer" as well. Something about more focus on school yada yada buncha bullshit the fuck does a 15/16 year old care about all that bollocks.

And I'm with ya, looking back I'm gonna do everything I can to support the pursuits of any offspring, especially ones that can earn absolutely stupid money for just playing a game.

I said to the mrs before, it's no wonder England are shit at most sports, our schools and society do very little to support or educate any sports/fitness properly.

I mean, the US appear to be at least a little more "proud" of acheivement and what not...?

I typed him a letter once after seeing him at a match. I remember it was on a typewriter, but it had a sort of word processing feature where you would finish a typed (on an LCD screen) document and it'd go crazy typing through the ribbon on the pages. I digress.

What was it like living under Queen Victoria's rule?

What was it like living under Queen Victoria's rule?

:dawsonlol:

It was a Smith Corona, like this one... ahh memories

113034-004-A8C806E1.jpg

It used to have a delete button which had like a tippex style ribbon and would just try and blank what you'd typed (unless you had it in auto mode, which was just normal delete)

I said to the mrs before, it's no wonder England are shit at most sports, our schools and society do very little to support or educate any sports/fitness properly.

I mean, the US appear to be at least a little more "proud" of acheivement and what not...?

I think the difference that's caused the strengthening of the US in world football and the decline of England is the persistence of old stereotypes there in the UK. By my understanding, it's still very much seen as a "working-class game" there, and consequently as a direct deterrent from academia.

Here, the massive middle class was the first to advocate it, and it's moved outwards from there along with the growth in popularity. Erego, there just simply isn't the stigma here. If anything, it's actually associated with a positive stigma of the "intellectual athletes" that keeps lads away from the lower class sports such as American football and basketball, so parents are pushing their kids in the direction of it more and more. In fact, it's recently become the most played youth sport here in the States.

I think the difference that's caused the strengthening of the US in world football and the decline of England is the persistence of old stereotypes there in the UK. By my understanding, it's still very much seen as a "working-class game" there, and consequently as a direct deterrent from academia.

Here, the massive middle class was the first to advocate it, and it's moved outwards from there along with the growth in popularity. Erego, there just simply isn't the stigma here. If anything, it's actually associated with a positive stigma of the "intellectual athletes" that keeps lads away from the lower class sports such as American football and basketball, so parents are pushing their kids in the direction of it more and more. In fact, it's recently become the most played youth sport here in the States.
I agree with the majority of your post, but you're wrong in thinking that football is still a 'working class' game over here. Working class fans are leaving the game in droves. There is no connection anymore.

Back
Top Bottom