#19 - It's got a little Windy in here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think there's any other podcast that releases at a given time tbh, this week, it was ready early so it made sense to release early.

Who's poem was that at half-time btw?

325745d1324623380-test-awshucks.gif

I heard a rumor that THudd is dating Kristin Stewart. She likes his werewolf hair and the fact that he combs his eyebrows. So if THudd is team Jacob , who would be the Spurs equivalent of Team Edward? Vertigo has the hair, but Gylfi is really pale and has pointy canines.

Anyway...you heard the rumor here first...

Another rumor has Friedel being fast-tracked to play Pinhead in John Carpenter's next film...

Actually completely agree with Windy's point about Livermore vs Swansea. Bale doesn't look likely to feature so we could go:

Lloris
Walker, Caulker/Gallas, Dawson/Vertonghen, Vertonghen/BAE
Sandro Livermore
Lennon Dembele Dempsey
Adebayor/Defoe

Dempsey will cause them no shortage of problems, not due to pace but due to the fact he plays his balls off and also plays a bit of defense (same can't be said for Bale in his free-ish role), Dembele obviously can win a tackle and Lennon has also been good on the defensive side of the ball this season. With Sandro and Livermore menacing behind them Swansea might get fucking manhandled into submission. Adebayor could be included for value from his head but could be Defoe too looking for a through ball. Good stuff this pod, got me thinking.

here's the latest version...

O Tottenham! My Tottenham!
O Tottenham! My Tottenham! Our wondrous Lane is done;
It's here we witnessed all our goals; the prizes that we've won;
The end is nigh, we'll say goodbye, O green, green grass of home.
We're moving on, an era's gone, a new ground's seeds are sown.
But O heart! heart! heart!
O whites… O blues, O pain!
It's here our hopes and fears reside.
O Paxton, O Park Lane.

O Tottenham! My Tottenham! Be proud and hear the cheers;
Be glad—for you the flags have flown—for you the joy and tears;
For you we wore the hats and scarves—for you the Shelf was thronging;
For you we stood, this sea of fans, for silver honours longing;
Here Tottenham! Dear Hotspur!
Your fans we know the score.
But it's some dream that down The Lane,
The games you'll play no more.

My Tottenham please answer, O shirts of lily-white;
My Hotspur say it isn't true, from here you would take flight?
Our roots, our soul, our history, the glory we've all seen.
Our fears allay, please say you'll stay, your home's N17.
Exult, O fans, o cockerels crow!
Shout out our famous song.
Our club will stand by White Hart Lane,
The Spurs go marching on.

Back
Top Bottom